Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Thanks Steve :)

Hooray!

EDIT: the weather seems to be improving too.

Thanks from me as well Steve, I'm really looking forward for another chance at the tench :-).

Look forward to seeing everyone there and hopefully we'll have amazing weather (and no wind this time!)

Neil

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks from me as well Steve, I'm really looking forward for another chance at the tench :-).

Snap !!...... I'll second that Steve...... many thank's ! :D

I really do hope the weather turns for the better, it's bloody freezin up here in Lancashire. I was gonna go out for a sesh hunting the tench last night but it went very cold and the thought of numb feet and fingers put me right off so I comforted myself with cups of tea, fought with the dogs for a tiny spot on the couch and watched the goggle box instead :rolleyes: .

At least the dogs kept me warm...there was no room for the Mrs the dogs wouldn't let her on :lol:

I was hoping to do a bit of tenching to get me warmed up, but the Mrs needs me to fit new pads and discs to her car and doesn't drive my car, which means that she's tooling around in the fishing wagon at the moment - which I need if I'm to get my tench tackle in it!

I was hoping to do a bit of tenching to get me warmed up, but the Mrs needs me to fit new pads and discs to her car and doesn't drive my car, which means that she's tooling around in the fishing wagon at the moment - which I need if I'm to get my tench tackle in it!

Can't you get a roof rack on the Lotus? B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Got my tea bags ready especially for you Glyn. If you tell me where the fish are, I might even put one in a mug with some hot water and milk ;)

ill give you a big clue mate, THEY ARE IN THE WATER :D:D:D :

does that earn me the mug and water :P

catch ya later glyn.

Can't you get a roof rack on the Lotus? B)

I could get one of these, but I'm not sure it helps much:

luggage-rack.jpg

:lol:

Or just leave the roof off and drive with the rods poking out the top...

I think I'd better just get those pads and discs ordered and fix her car!

ill give you a big clue mate, THEY ARE IN THE WATER :D:D:D :

does that earn me the mug and water :P

catch ya later glyn.

Not if they're under 8lb they're not - they're in the bushes.

Isn't that what we're supposed to do? :o

(Go on then, you can have a cuppa! I'm over tomorrow til Sunday if you fancy a pre-fish-in brew.)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Guys

Just a general question to some of the Wingham regulars that may interest others going to the Fish-In.

Do any good Roach or Rudd ever turn up at Wingham? The Bream, Tench & Perch potential is well known to all who have put their name down for a place, but I am curious whether there are any potential specimens of these species that get over looked. Or is it a case of if you chuck a float out and spray maggots you may be breaking new ground and who knows what you may hook.

With most people after the Bream and Tench with ledger tactics of one sort or another, do the silvers get over looked or are they just very thin on the ground and so not a viable option. If the Roach or Rudd were to follow the growth rates of other species at Wingham you would guess there may be one or two special fish swimming around some where.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Hi Guys

Just a general question to some of the Wingham regulars that may interest others going to the Fish-In.

Do any good Roach or Rudd ever turn up at Wingham? The Bream, Tench & Perch potential is well known to all who have put their name down for a place, but I am curious whether there are any potential specimens of these species that get over looked. Or is it a case of if you chuck a float out and spray maggots you may be breaking new ground and who knows what you may hook.

With most people after the Bream and Tench with ledger tactics of one sort or another, do the silvers get over looked or are they just very thin on the ground and so not a viable option. If the Roach or Rudd were to follow the growth rates of other species at Wingham you would guess there may be one or two special fish swimming around some where.

I believe someone was fishing for roach/rudd last year. I think they were fishing up in the water and spraying magots as you suggest and they did catch, I think I was told they were mainly around 8oz.... although I might be wrong about the weights.

When it warms up a bit the float fishing can be very good.Roach of 10-14ozs and Perch up to just over the pound are the mainstay but Ive had a few Rudd but nothing big.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!