Great Britain?

kleinboet

I agree with Kleinbot too.

Yes i suspose i am a racist old dinosaur too and im only 45.

I totally agree that if a person lives in another country they should respect there traditions and ways and live as they do.

And also have a bit of capital so they are not sponging of the state from day 1.

They should not get all these freebies and should pay there way.

Thats how other countries do it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you entirely chesters but we're never going to have a government with enough balls to do something about it.

I work opposite the imigration office in Liverpool and on occasions I've felt like a foreigner in my own country.

It's no wonder Liverpool is representing the UK for capital city of culture.

[ 15. January 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: bitsbobs ]

tyke we come from the same generation you and I and I for one don't believe I am racist,but like you when people decide that they wish to live in a country other than their own they should then respect their rights and beliefs

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

At the place I work they use a lot of agency workers and about 6 month ago we had about 50 agency working for us and 99% were refugees who couldn't speak or understand English, how can you tell them what they are supposed to do if they can't understand you, and most of em were on the phone (brand new mobiles)to each other all night

Last year my brother bought a house in Handsworth, Birmingham as a business venture. He has a three year contract with a private company to house asylum seekers, the company itself having a contract with the government.

For the past few months he has 5 single Iraqi males living in the house and is paid £640 per month for housing them (remember the company he has the contract with must be getting a fair wedge from the government to pay him this amount).

There's more...............All bills, heating, water and even the council tax is paid for by the state! The only thing that he pays towards is the buildings insurance on the property. He is doing so well out of the deal that he is considering buying another property in the same street and giving up his regular job!

Thinking about it......why are Iraqi's still here seeking asylum, didn't we just fight a war to liberate them from the tyrant they are fleeing?

AH, must be red-tape. :mad:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

now that both scotland and wales can decide their own affairs it seems strange that THEIR mp`s can vote on english affairs but english mp`s cannot vote on theirs :confused:

racism starts at home :D

better not start on religeous beliefs though ,in this the christian members (or in my case not of any faith) are CERTAINLY second class citizens

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i am suprised with post and the immegration one .

1) no one yet is being nasty to anyone but airing their veiws and others excepting them.

2)its not been deleted by our beloved MODS incase it DOES get out of hand :)

quote:

Thinking about it......why are Iraqi's still here seeking asylum, didn't we just fight a war to liberate them from the tyrant they are fleeing?

AH, must be red-tape.

NA now Saddam has gone the excuse is now religeouse persecution or ethnic persecution ,the top lot want the Sunni lot out ,the shiites want the Sunni lot out etc etc unfortunatly we cannot determine religeouse beliefs by sight (well maybe orthodox jews) so there ALWAYS a reason :D

[ 15. January 2004, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

Originally posted by chesters1:

[QB] 1) no one yet is being nasty to anyone but airing their veiws and others excepting them.

[QB]

Just because there has not been a lot of argument on these topics do not mistake it for agreement.

I for one am sickened by some of the statements made here tonight but have decided to let the mad men rant.

If I lived in Brazil...I would live as a Brazilian..If I lived in Mongolia I would live as a Mongolian..

In England. I live as an Englishman and vote for the choice to do just that..

Racist or not a blackboard is black and Robertsons still remind me of Golliwogs..White is white and coloured to me means more than one colour..

AND...I make no apologies for that..

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet