Another mass murder

Andrew

.and this latest killing in the US was with "illegal" guns (he stole them).

I'm sure that will be great comfort to the parents of the dead children - well maybe the gun owning ones anyway. :angry:

You can all blather on all you like about statistics - it won't make a jot of difference until someone in the USA has the balls to do something to put an end to these regular slaughters.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ayjay,

You're right - although I'm not sure adding any more testosterone to the mix will help. "Speak softly and carry a big stick" is what got us where we are now! Thanks for the hollow advice anyway.

Phone

There's more on Youtube - including a "shock-jock" DJ and some nutter in a yellow smiley mask.
As if the conspiracy theorists are not bad enough, now the religious lot have to have their say. Don't ya just love them nice Christian folk?

James Dobson: We elected the wrong presidetn and allow abortion, so: “I am going to give you my honest opinion: I think we have turned our back on the Scripture and on God Almighty and I think he has allowed judgment to fall upon us.”

William J. Murray: “Without the authority of God, there are no morals, and none are taught in the public schools today. The ethics that are taught are situational, perhaps the same situational ethics that led to the logic that caused the tragic shootings in Newtown.”

Gary DeMar: “The problem is, our current culture – through the educational system – is telling young people that they are animals, in some cases, less than animals. So genetically we are no different (really) from a worm, a bug, or a dandelion.”

Mike Huckabee: “We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?”

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm sure that will be great comfort to the parents of the dead children - well maybe the gun owning ones anyway. :angry:

You can all blather on all you like about statistics - it won't make a jot of difference until someone in the USA has the balls to do something to put an end to these regular slaughters.

So are you going to call for a ban on fertilizer and motor racing fuel next then ? because thats what Timothy McVeigh used to kill 168 and wound over 800.

Edited by snakey1

Cory,

You forgot my favorite religious quotation. God made man, Samuel Colt made all men equal.

Phone

Edit: I think comments about "banning guns" has about as much chance a teaching Brits how to speak English. It ain't happening!

By the same token, something HAS to happen.

Edited by Phone

such a terrible tragedy :(

ive just heard on the news(we get ABC News on bbc around this time) recommendations from some guy to reduce the size of clips allowed so it takes a crazed gunman longer to reload and reduce the death toll. sounds like pure lunacy to me.

imo only legitimate hunters and law enforcement should have guns, and not bloody assault rifles!

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

So are you going to call for a ban on fertilizer and motor racing fuel next then ? because thats what Timothy McVeigh used to kill 168 and wound over 800.

They are not designed to kill people, so no, I wouldn't ban them, nor would I suggest that everyone had their hands chopped off in case they strangled someone.

If anyone has any more specious suggestions please don't expect me to respond, I have better things to do.

I would far rather read suggestions as to how to stop this sort of thing ever happening again.

I would far rather read suggestions as to how to stop this sort of thing ever happening again.

Alas Ajay, that will never come about.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

The point I was making was that gun ownership can be controlled. When a nutter wants to kill people they'll use whatever they can lay their hands on...registration of firearms and owners and the security of those weapons is used in the UK to great effect, along with stringent health, criminal records and social history checks of all FAC applicants.

A relatively simple format for the US to adopt...even to use internationally so that all police forces have access to all other countries firearms details!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

One step would be a more censorship on those ultra violent games that many youngsters play.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”