R.I.P Maggie T

n4lly

Apparently Tony Blair signed off the type of funeral Mrs Thatcher would have and Gordon Brown agreed as well!

My Mum was blue and blue throughout she loved Mrs T then her name was Hilda.

politics aside i admire the fact she took the rest of the Tory Party on and beat the men!! three times not just once.I think it was good to have a woman PM!

Only last year Mr Scargil was in court claiming against his own union ,for amongst other things a car and a flat in london being paid for ... he seemed to think he was entitled to have these paid for ,for life...

I watched the funeral but was thinking about my mum!

I felt sorry for her grandchildren ,they were the only ones who looked as if they were really mourning her ..... well apart from the Chancellor who had tears running down his face.

My compliments to AN for keeping this thread going....... I did wonder if the Queen and Philip might be wondering who was next ...

Good to see we can still put on a good show. RIP

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I find it strange that all these people are getting misty eyed and nostalgic about mining. It was a filthy dangerous job in filthy dangerous conditions. Apart from the industrial accidents most miners died young from respiratory disease. Most men who had no choice but to work in the pits would have given anything for their children not to have to.

miners union leaders of course didn't work in the pits.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Dureing here 80ss rain in power she wasted the all the north sea oil revenue paying unemployment benefite the money amounts to 180 billion in todays money and whats our deferceite today and the torys scream about what the labour goverment built up plus it was not all there fault many billions went to bailing the banks out this goverment would have done just the same oe everything would have crashed i think in time there will be a lot more to come out.

What i cant understand is why big ben was stopped this didnt happen when the queen mother passed away or when lady diane was laid to rest i think there is a lot of silent people asking the same questions as mother and grandmother god rest her soul but i think it was all a lit bit over the top.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Were there any protests then ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Dureing here 80ss rain in power she wasted the all the north sea oil revenue paying unemployment benefite the money amounts to 180 billion in todays money and whats our deferceite today and the torys scream about what the labour goverment built up plus it was not all there fault many billions went to bailing the banks out this goverment would have done just the same oe everything would have crashed i think in time there will be a lot more to come out.

What i cant understand is why big ben was stopped this didnt happen when the queen mother passed away or when lady diane was laid to rest i think there is a lot of silent people asking the same questions as mother and grandmother god rest her soul but i think it was all a lit bit over the top.

paul.

Big ben was stopped incase it striked .you heard it badly here first (maybe) Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Watched an ex mining village ( Easington } burn an effigy of her, then off to the club for a drink and listen to the colliery band play

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Breaking News, Maggies Funeral only cost One Million Pounds, the rest of the money was Tony Blair's Attendance Fee...........................

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

paul.

Big Ben was silenced because the powers that be didnt want anyone singing along to ding dong the witch is dead .Psychological oppression at its best ;)

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Watched an ex mining village ( Easington } burn an effigy of her, then off to the club for a drink and listen to the colliery band play

An ex-mining village whose pit closed in 1993 - three years after Thatcher left Downing Street, eight years after the end of the miner's strike and 14 years after Thatcher came to power. Edited by Steve Walker