Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Great shots all, you cannot help but be impressed with the standard on this thread.

Whilst not really wanting to single anybody out, I've got to say Gillies your first two Labrador shots are stunning, you can almost stroke the damn thing. People would surely pay for that sort of quality.

I agree, all the pics here are really impressive..

& Gillies you've done it again!.. Those new photos of your dog in the snow are exceptional!

Thanks - yep, he a Golden Retriever :)

Made more of the snow yesterday, and went out to take some more shots (really should of been working) ... couldnt post them as server I use was down, but back up now.

IMG_5334_edit_700.jpg

ISO 100, Av, F11 @ 20mm

IMG_5203_edit_700.jpg

ISO 100, AV, F11 @ 20mm

IMG_5178_edit_700.jpg

ISO 100, Tv, 1 Second, ND Grad Filter @ 20mm

I was also taking a panoramic of Stornoway Harbour - heres a link to the image:

http://www.gilliesmackenzie.com/photos/sno...it_pano_700.jpg

ISO 100, Av, F11 @ 20MM -1 EV

Sorry about watermark, but its a pretty large image, and who knows who looks here ..... even though I've reduced it significantly in size. Some highlights are blown in this shot ... but its snow, so I wasnt to upset.

I was ontop of a hill taking the harbour shots, waiting for a boat to go out to have it shot (which none did, apart from the one in shot that moved slightly) - this fellow flew by, so I watched him land and followed and was lucky enough to get a shot off before he took flight again.

IMG_5411_edit_700.jpg

ISO 400, Tv, 1/1000th @ 200mm + 1.5 TC

A Buzzard.

Gillies

Edited by Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

There are some cracking photos on this thread, thanks to everyone for sharing them. Its a real pleasure browsing away the minutes with this eye candy.

Here's one from today..A frozen and snowed upon Mockerkin Tarn.

mockice.jpg

Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL

Exposure Time = 1/13"

F Number = F22

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Date Time Original = 2006-03-03 14:45:18

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Pic of Yesterday.

RedSails.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

OI OI

HAVE'NT BEEN ON HERE FOR A WHILE BEUTIFULL PICTURES & GILLIES IF THAT HOUSE IS ALLOWED TO FALL IN TO RACK & RUIN IT WOULD BE CRIMINAL.

:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

:g: Too many good shots have been added to single any out, so I'll just say - Fantastic shots all.

Also, I'll just add - Gillies - just followed the link in your siggy to your website & had a quick shufties at some of the fine photos in your galleries there.

Came across a couple that you posted on here sometime ago that inspired me to strive to take such shots. Namely a Starling on a cable & a Gull in flight. I can vividly remember seeing those images at the time you posted them on Anglers Net & pointing them out to the missus saying that's the type of shot I want to take. I'm still trying to get there - but in the meantime my missus wants a word with you about all the brass I've spent on camera gear in the process. :huh:

Edited by rabster

snow scenes today near stranraer

castlekenedy.jpg

Make = KYOCERA

Model = FC-S4

Exposure Program = Normal program

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

and my first entry in to photo comp :)

wintertospring.jpg

Make = KYOCERA

Model = FC-S4

Exposure Program = Normal program

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Edited by Steve Randles

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Great Pic, Purplealien but I hope there wasn't a lion with his mouth over the end of the tunnel at the bottom. I am starting to think that you will not take a photo unless it has some shade of Purple in it. Let me guess, is Purple your favourite colour?

No lions at this zoo, it only has little animals. Actually this is a repeat of a picture I took last year, but lost in a computer crash :wallbash:

I have to confess I do like purple. purplealien comes from my web site which is named after this picture of a purple alien painted by my son when he was 4 years old.

It's now become my web ID.

Blicking_Alien2_X100.gif

Edited by purplealien

Taken today before last nights snow melts, 2nd image with a 300mm lense (450mm digital) Bradfield Church with the morning sun on it.

Bradchur.jpg

Make = Canon

Model = Canon EOS 300D DIGITAL

Exposure Time = 1/200"

F Number = F13

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

BradfieldChurch450mm.jpg

Make = Canon

Exposure Time = 1/15"

F Number = F45

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Forest farm, sun directly behind

Forestfarm.jpg

Make = Canon

Exposure Time = 1/13"

F Number = F36

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Edited by Steve Randles
If all else fails, follow the intructions.