Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Jan V
Took a few pics of some tropical plants in the backyard.....

Spider orchid - am I crazy or does this plant have the coloring of a giraffe?

Quite similar; it's latin name is arachnis flos-aeris. It is more yellow background with orange/brown spots/stripes

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Turin Pidgeon? If you look closely at the centre of the window you can see the imprint of a pigeon in full flight, he lived to tell the tale, he's resting on the bench in the background! thats gonna hurt in the mornin!

dan

Nice one dan :lol:, OK, I shouldn't laugh. It took a little bit of studying your shot, but you can indeed see an imprint, I bet that smarted. :blink:

Ayjay, I tried to get a similar Swallow shot a few times today, but before I could take aim & fire they had spotted me & taken flight.

Severus, the wild Mustangs look magnificent, nice one.

& I'm with Jan, that last flower of Bobj's has definitely got some giraffe in there.

Here's my POTD, I was hoping to photo a Kingfisher today, this chap was the closest I came.

fisherman_2004a.jpg

Guest Jan V
Looks like a scene out of A River Runs Through It, Rabster. Good shot.

Looks like me excepting the line is wrapped around the guy a couple dozen times :yahoo: Newt has tried to teach me to fly fish from the boat and I know he would prefer to be anywhere but in the boat when I am casting back and forth. You can see him perched ready to jump right on out.

What a great shot Rabster, did you offer that guy a copy? I hope a croc doesn't come along and bite him in half! Well!! It happens here. In fact just recently a town was flooded in the North and a young Aboriginal boy was attacked by a croc while playing in the Main Street!, TRULY!!!!

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

medway.jpg

Taken this afternoon guess where if you wish,i will post the spot later today.

River Medway estuary north east direction from the Saxon way,Gillingham.

This direction would pass over the Isle of Grain and on towards Southend-on-sea.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

What a great shot Rabster, did you offer that guy a copy?

Thanks to all for your kind words.

TB - He didn't know I was taking it, I was quite a distance away photographing birds using telephoto lens, but I'd spotted this guy & thought I'd snap off a couple of shots. I'll be going back to the same spot shortly, in the unlikely event I see him there (assuming a croc hasn't got him) I'll tell him I've got a decent shot of him - he'll be thinking he's got a stalker. :ph34r:

Medwaygreen, was that taken at Medway by any chance, I don't know the area at all, is it the Thames Estuary???

It certainly looks like a very low tide.

Looks like me excepting the line is wrapped around the guy a couple dozen times

You have a moustache? :P

Kidding. The old boy looks intent on his casting technique, doesn't he?

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Here you go, Jan V, a "giraffe flower". ;);) .......Star flower...smells of rotten meat :(:(

094544.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.