Scotland

Andrew

Those that wished scotland to become independant

As president bush said forcing his world dominion view across the world "your either with us or your against us" seemed good enough to invade several countries so it appears to be politically excepted

My mother does not not hate the English, neither does my sister, but they both think that Scotland should be an independent country. It seems to me that you are the one that sounds more like Bush. It seems to me that you are more a hater of the Scots.

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Indeed, and although Salmond made a very dignified speech accepting the result, there was a strong hint that the campaign for independence will not go away.

Quote from a well-lubricated Scotsman in an Aberdeen bar.

"We can try again next year, and the year after"

In vino veritas ?

The leaders of the three main parties made some pretty big promises to the Scots if they voted no. It looks like a lot of Scots believed them. If Cameron cannot get the legislation he has promised through the Commons before the next General Election I can see the SNP winning a overwhelming majority at the next General Election and Salmond will then have every right ask the people of Scotland for a mandate to hold another referendum.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

It would be interesting to see the result with the "foreign" vote taken out

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

All,

You chaps are looking the wrong direction. August 2014

Net Migration to the UK in the year ending March 2014 was 243,000

Phone

How precisely is this pertinent to yesterdays referendum, pray tell?

It would be interesting to see the result with the "foreign" vote taken out

I'm not sure who you mean by "foreign" vote. If you mean English people living in Scotland then there are or at least there used to be a lot of English living in Scotland who voted SNP. SNP have had a Pakistani Muslim MSP and there was a Pakistani Muslim and a Sikh campaigning for the Yes side.

What puzzles me is results like the one returned by the Western Isles. They have a. SNP MP, SNP MSP, SNP MEP and an Independent Council, but they return a "No" at the referendum. Go figure.

I'm looking forward to that happening in Westminster some day.

Which means what exactly?

My mother does not not hate the English, neither does my sister, but they both think that Scotland should be an independent country. It seems to me that you are the one that sounds more like Bush. It seems to me that you are more a hater of the Scots.

There were plenty of 'English haters' on the social media sites Cory. I had links to several on Twitter, but now the vote is over the accounts have conveniently been deleted. Some of the stuff said and threatened was pretty horrific. I know a lot was trolling, but there has to be some basis that it sprang from. Maybe they needed any kind off attention to brighten their sad little lives.

Away from the referendum, I have been the subject of anti English behaviour on my trips up there,and it's not pleasant. There are also sad people South of the border that have anti Scots feelings as well, so it's not all one way traffic. But some of the stuff I've read over the last week or so has really been 'over the top', by any standards.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There were plenty of 'English haters' on the social media sites Cory. I had links to several on Twitter, but now the vote is over the accounts have conveniently been deleted. Some of the stuff said and threatened was pretty horrific. I know a lot was trolling, but there has to be some basis that it sprang from. Maybe they needed any kind off attention to brighten their sad little lives.

Away from the referendum, I have been the subject of anti English behaviour on my trips up there,and it's not pleasant. There are also sad people South of the border that have anti Scots feelings as well, so it's not all one way traffic. But some of the stuff I've read over the last week or so has really been 'over the top', by any standards.

John.

I don't doubt it John, but my sis' is married to an Englishman and as far as I know they both were in the Yes camp.

I have kin up your way as well; I've a couple of second cousins that hail from Halifax. I've never experienced any real anti-Scots attitudes to me in all the time I have lived and worked down here.

Edited by corydoras