Israel - some facts

Newt

Guest Brumagem Phil
What I was saying is that everybody is blaming Israel for trying to protect its own citizens. They dont put their rocket launchers etc. in the middle of a highly populated area, Hesbollah does - deliberately!

Israel have repeatedly said that they would love to live in harmony with their neighbours, but the neighbouring lands either want big chunks of land or ignore Israels peace proposals.

NOBODY on this thread has said Israel does not have the right to defend itself. what we have said is they do not have the right to target civilian areas. They make sure the world will not arm the militants and hence the militants have no choice but to fight guerilla style. You want hezbollah to fight fair then arm them fairly......I reckon they'b be well up to driving a few tanks into the open and having a fair scrap with the Israeli tanks.

As for the big chunks of land..........that really did tickle me. Remind me again how much of other countries land Israel currently occupies.

Now then, your rather odd use of Wales as an example..........

....for it to be a fair comparison you should have said the welsh nationalists wanted independence and started lobbing missiles at england (a bit like the IRA did a few years back you'll rcall) not that the country as a whole did as neither ppalestine as a state or lebanon attack Israel, its only fringe elements within those states.

So, tell me kleiboet, under those circumstance, do you think we'd be sending cruise missiles into the heart of cardiff just because a few missiles from extremists came from there? Did we level belfast when the IRA blew up a bomb on our mainland?

I think you should clearly see now how wrong Israels response is.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before Newt post, I would like to say something you are all missing:

The Israeli arm is made up of Israelis, How many of the Hesbollah fighters are Lebanese?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Gozzer hi there,

You may well be right about the chain letter as Chris Goddard mentions 20 friends in the second post and Newt States in his admin note that that should not have been there and as we all know most chain type letters ask you to sent it on to 20 more friends or contacts.

:thumbs:

Is there more to this than meets the eye.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Before Newt post, I would like to say something you are all missing:

The Israeli arm is made up of Israelis, How many of the Hesbollah fighters are Lebanese?

I seem to remember ( I know you'll correct me if I'm wrong) but during WW2 didn't the British Army have soldiers who were Canadian, Polish, Indian, Australian etc, so how would you equate that with your statement?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I seem to remember ( I know you'll correct me if I'm wrong) but during WW2 didn't the British Army have soldiers who were Canadian, Polish, Indian, Australian etc, so how would you equate that with your statement?

And to bring you a little more up to date Gozzer, The British Army now, COULD NOT FUNCTION as an effective, efficient machine without Soldiers from 'overseas' such as Tobago, Greneda and lest we forget our tiny little friends The Gurkhas.

Unless perhaps we changed the uniform to a hoodie and used butane gas as a stimulant :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Gozzer hi there,

You may well be right about the chain letter as Chris Goddard mentions 20 friends in the second post and Newt States in his admin note that that should not have been there and as we all know most chain type letters ask you to sent it on to 20 more friends or contacts.

Is there more to this than meets the eye.

Hi

I saw the original post as well as Chris, thats why I mentioned a chain letter in my first post on the thread. It did say 'please send this to 20 friends and ask them to send it to their friends, and if you receive it back you will know the feelings of your circle of friends', not quoted, but something to that effect.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hi

I saw the original post as well as Chris, thats why I mentioned a chain letter in my first post on the thread. It did say 'please send this to 20 friends and ask them to send it to their friends, and if you receive it back you will know the feelings of your circle of friends', not quoted, but something to that effect.

Hi Gozzer,

Sorry missed your comment in your first post,you are on the ball as usual.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Gozzer, Do your REALY want me to answer that? Look at my (and your) posting again. Do you realy believe that Hesbollah are planning to take over the World? That's why there were so many countries fought in WW2!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOBODY on this thread has said Israel does not have the right to defend itself. what we have said is they do not have the right to target civilian areas. They make sure the world will not arm the militants and hence the militants have no choice but to fight guerilla style. You want hezbollah to fight fair then arm them fairly......I reckon they'b be well up to driving a few tanks into the open and having a fair scrap with the Israeli tanks.

As for the big chunks of land..........that really did tickle me. Remind me again how much of other countries land Israel currently occupies.

Now then, your rather odd use of Wales as an example..........

....for it to be a fair comparison you should have said the welsh nationalists wanted independence and started lobbing missiles at england (a bit like the IRA did a few years back you'll rcall) not that the country as a whole did as neither ppalestine as a state or lebanon attack Israel, its only fringe elements within those states.

So, tell me kleiboet, under those circumstance, do you think we'd be sending cruise missiles into the heart of cardiff just because a few missiles from extremists came from there? Did we level belfast when the IRA blew up a bomb on our mainland?

I think you should clearly see now how wrong Israels response is.

gozzer Posted Today, 01:09 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The land that the Israelis "occupy" is because it is strategic to Israel and the previous occupants refused to aggree that the area would NOT be used on attacks against Israel. (back to my posting about Arab hatred of Israel)

As far as I am aware the Israelis do not have Cruise Missiles. Let me - instead of the Welsh) say the "destroy England" Terrorists (made up!) used the highly populated ares of Wales to attack England. What would your response be?

I think you can clearly see how right Israels response is!

Casey - :lol::lol::lol:

The posting that someone wrote claimed the person who wrote the Bible had a vivid imagination! Camels through needles eyes! I can't find it (removed?)

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

If my memory serves me right, the above was part of the original chain letter/e.mail thing and the thoughts of that person, not a comment from Newt, Davy. But as I say, I could be wrong, and will admit it just so long as Huge doesn't get to hear of it. ;)

No, Gozzer, you're right - the only reason I snipped that was that it was the only thing resembling a question in the whole of that post/chain letter, and I was doing my best to fathom what question Kleinboet was talking about. Newt didn't actually ask a question, AFAIR, only wanted to balance what he saw as an anti-Israeli world view with a bit of good old-fashioned propaganda (aka misinformation).

One of the not-so-good features of the internet is the ease with which people can cut & paste stuff and pass it off as their own opinion (as exam markers everywhere know to their cost).

Not that I'm suggesting that Newt was trying to pass that list of dubious "facts" off as his own work. "D minus and see me" if that had been the case. :lol:

Guest Brumagem Phil
The land that the Israelis "occupy" is because it is strategic to Israel and the previous occupants refused to aggree that the area would NOT be used on attacks against Israel. (back to my posting about Arab hatred of Israel)

As far as I am aware the Israelis do not have Cruise Missiles. Let me - instead of the Welsh) say the "destroy England" Terrorists (made up!) used the highly populated ares of Wales to attack England. What would your response be?

I think you can clearly see how right Israels response is!

Ah I see, so its ok to steal land if its militarily strategic to do so?

I asked you a question which you ignored (and simply asked me the same question back).............if the welsh militants launched a rocket at london from a tower block in the middle of cardiff, would you think it right that the british government would send in one of our fighters to level the tower block? Its not a hard question Kleinboet.