Israel - some facts

Newt

Gozzer, Do your REALY want me to answer that? Look at my (and your) posting again. Do you realy believe that Hesbollah are planning to take over the World? That's why there were so many countries fought in WW2!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOBODY on this thread has said Israel does not have the right to defend itself. what we have said is they do not have the right to target civilian areas. They make sure the world will not arm the militants and hence the militants have no choice but to fight guerilla style. You want hezbollah to fight fair then arm them fairly......I reckon they'b be well up to driving a few tanks into the open and having a fair scrap with the Israeli tanks.

As for the big chunks of land..........that really did tickle me. Remind me again how much of other countries land Israel currently occupies.

Now then, your rather odd use of Wales as an example..........

....for it to be a fair comparison you should have said the welsh nationalists wanted independence and started lobbing missiles at england (a bit like the IRA did a few years back you'll rcall) not that the country as a whole did as neither ppalestine as a state or lebanon attack Israel, its only fringe elements within those states.

So, tell me kleiboet, under those circumstance, do you think we'd be sending cruise missiles into the heart of cardiff just because a few missiles from extremists came from there? Did we level belfast when the IRA blew up a bomb on our mainland?

I think you should clearly see now how wrong Israels response is.

gozzer Posted Today, 01:09 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The land that the Israelis "occupy" is because it is strategic to Israel and the previous occupants refused to aggree that the area would NOT be used on attacks against Israel. (back to my posting about Arab hatred of Israel)

As far as I am aware the Israelis do not have Cruise Missiles. Let me - instead of the Welsh) say the "destroy England" Terrorists (made up!) used the highly populated ares of Wales to attack England. What would your response be?

I think you can clearly see how right Israels response is!

Casey - :lol::lol::lol:

The posting that someone wrote claimed the person who wrote the Bible had a vivid imagination! Camels through needles eyes! I can't find it (removed?)

I'm sorry Kleinboet but I think you should calm down a bit and read who wrote what.

First, the post you attribute to me at 1-09, I think you will find it was posted by Phil at 1-13pm.

Secondly my point about people from different nations fighting under one flag for a common cause ( be it a just one or not), I think was a valid one, and yes, I would like you to point out the differences between my statement and yours. Apart from any reference to the cause they are fighting for, that is.

Thirdly, most of the July 7th bombers were based in and around my neck of the woods. Should the response to this fact have been a show of force to every resident of the area? Not an exact analogy I know, but it seems to me, that you feel if an area holds enemies of the state, then the government should be able to use any means to extract them, regardless of the rest of the inhabitants.

Huge is not allowed to answer the last question. <_<

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its exhaust: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout

the land". (obviously no MOT then)....

Joshua was a biker, and he had a Trident. :clap2:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Thirdly, most of the July 7th bombers were based in and around my neck of the woods. Should the response to this fact have been a show of force to every resident of the area?

Sounds reasonable to me, put him on the list after the WelCh Ant, no begger it put leeds in front of them, can't remove all them sheep from the scots genepool :blink:

Huge is not allowed to answer the last question. <_<

And I didn't, I answered the question before it :P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

"One of the not-so-good features of the internet is the ease with which people can cut & paste stuff and pass it off as their own"

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/lofiversi...php/t39003.html

And that's for getting in first with the GBS quote, Huge! :P

And I am sorry to say that is not where I got it from matey, have been using that for many years, although expanded as late. Can't beat a good argument on religion at times :headhurt:

Although I will admit I got some referances from elsewhere, never read the bible although I once opened a book which I thought was called under a bridge with Dick and Harry, took it back to the shop 'cause it had no story line, woman translated it for me (it was in English) to Unabridged Dictionary, I took it again for a while but it still had no darn story line :P

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

You left out the other joke - "Moses said COME FORTH, but he slipped and came fifth!"

Gozzer - that last paragraph: I have already answered it earlier, it's a pity you didn't read all my posts!

The answer to your "different people - common cause" statement. Don't you watch the newscasts?

You have LEBANESE people denouncing Hesbollah. Take away all the Hesbollah and Hamas fighters and ASK the Arabs to live in peace with the Arabs, they will agree! Both Hesbollah and Hamas have publicly announced that their intention is to wipe Israel off the map and they are fighting dirty to achieve that!! Hitler had the same Idea and he got Italy and Japan to help them! And you want to condemn Israel for taking a stand!

We have had 7/7 in the UK and 7/11 in America. What do you want? more in Israel? The israelis want peace and if they have to kill a few (relatively speaking) civilians to get rid of those who want her erased, then I will not stand in their way.

Brumegen Phil:

NOBODY on this thread has said Israel does not have the right to defend itself. what we have said is they do not have the right to target civilian areas.

If someone was firing at you and your family,with intent to kill, from a populated area, would you just step back and let them?

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Brumagem Phil
Brumegen Phil:

NOBODY on this thread has said Israel does not have the right to defend itself. what we have said is they do not have the right to target civilian areas.

If someone was firing at you and your family,with intent to kill, from a populated area, would you just step back and let them?

No talking to you Kleinboet...........I've already cleaned up the analogy of Wales (which you yourself put forward) but despite being asked TWICE you still fail to ignore the question.

Let me put it to you a THIRD time........

......if the welsh nationalists launched a rocket at London from atop a tower block in the centre of Cardiff, would you (if the decision was yours) order an airstrike to level the tower block?

Come on, its not a tuff question........in fact judging by your current stance we already know what your answer is but for some reason you seem reluctant to actually come out and say it!!! :(

Gozzer, Do your REALY want me to answer that? Look at my (and your) posting again. Do you realy believe that Hesbollah are planning to take over the World? That's why there were so many countries fought in WW2!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOBODY on this thread has said Israel does not have the right to defend itself. what we have said is they do not have the right to target civilian areas. They make sure the world will not arm the militants and hence the militants have no choice but to fight guerilla style. You want hezbollah to fight fair then arm them fairly......I reckon they'b be well up to driving a few tanks into the open and having a fair scrap with the Israeli tanks.

As for the big chunks of land..........that really did tickle me. Remind me again how much of other countries land Israel currently occupies.

Now then, your rather odd use of Wales as an example..........

....for it to be a fair comparison you should have said the welsh nationalists wanted independence and started lobbing missiles at england (a bit like the IRA did a few years back you'll rcall) not that the country as a whole did as neither ppalestine as a state or lebanon attack Israel, its only fringe elements within those states.

So, tell me kleiboet, under those circumstance, do you think we'd be sending cruise missiles into the heart of cardiff just because a few missiles from extremists came from there? Did we level belfast when the IRA blew up a bomb on our mainland?

I think you should clearly see now how wrong Israels response is.

gozzer Posted Today, 01:09 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The land that the Israelis "occupy" is because it is strategic to Israel and the previous occupants refused to aggree that the area would NOT be used on attacks against Israel. (back to my posting about Arab hatred of Israel)

As far as I am aware the Israelis do not have Cruise Missiles. Let me - instead of the Welsh) say the "destroy England" Terrorists (made up!) used the highly populated ares of Wales to attack England. What would your response be?

I think you can clearly see how right Israels response is!

Casey - :lol::lol::lol:

The posting that someone wrote claimed the person who wrote the Bible had a vivid imagination! Camels through needles eyes! I can't find it (removed?)

turning this around suppose america and nato decided to grab wales and fill it with romans (italians) wouldnt the uk do its best to get rid of the invaders by any means possible ;)

and italy has pretty much the more basis for being here (historically) than israel does factually in palestine.

if the french invaded britain to recover their historic lands they would be repulsed just as france would if we tried to get brittany back.could you or me break into a house because we lived there once and demand it back :rolleyes:

ofcourse jews were given this "house" but the landlord wants it back :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson