Madeleine

Cranfield

HV, what makes you think I want this thread closed? If you want to show yourself as a nasty, bullying, self important prat, why should I care?

I bet my Mum's bigger than your Mum................

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your DAD?? LOL!! About time we had some humour injected into this SAD and pointless exercise!! (Just MY opinion you understand!!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

they wont need to look for a jury.....there isnt one.

they would come to trial in portugal, which has normally a panel of judges which sit to consider the case.

in my opinion a much better system,as they have heard it all before, and are not confused by sometimes,complicated evidence issues.

Was just going to post that Cap'n but you beat me to it.

Perhaps, as you have a better understanding of the procedure there than the rest of us. A question that has occurred to me for a while.

If for instance somebody heard or saw something of particular note in the case, perhaps the sound of a child screaming, and reported that to the Police, would or could they, unlike in this Country, be prevented from communicating that information to the press?

Just a thought, here, as I have stated in the past, we are used to having a 'trial' played out in the media, somebody will say that, somebody else saw this.

I am not sure this is allowed in Portugal.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

And your DAD?? LOL!! About time we had some humour injected into this SAD and pointless exercise!! (Just MY opinion you understand!!)

My Father died when I was four Chris. A little bit to do with Building a Railway in Burma. But I try to keep humour in all my discussions. :thumbs:

im not too sure that they are prohibited from speaking to the press, but it would certainly be unusual to do so.

if you make any kind of declaration, the results of that declaration (and any legal moves arising from it) are certainly kept quiet until any court proceedure.

they also in the spanish and portugese systems make extensive use of witness anonimity proccedures.

ie. if you see something, but dont want to be identified, you can easily be granted protection,if you have to make a statement.

i myself have been offered this once.

p.s i am no expert by the way, but do have some experience, of certain proceedures, from personal experience and certain friendships i have.

im not too sure that they are prohibited from speaking to the press, but it would certainly be unusual to do so.

if you make any kind of declaration, the results of that declaration (and any legal moves arising from it) are certainly kept quiet until any court proceedure.

they also in the spanish and portugese systems make extensive use of witness anonimity proccedures.

ie. if you see something, but dont want to be identified, you can easily be granted protection,if you have to make a statement.

Strange that, they must have some sort of dual system as I was always led to believe that a suspect would be told they had done something, If they disagreed the witness would be brought in to confront the suspect and asked "was this the person you saw doing X?"

Totally prohibited in this Country.

p.s i am no expert by the way, but do have some experience, of certain proceedures, from personal experience and certain friendships i have.

"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is the King."

Strange that, they must have some sort of dual system as I was always led to believe that a suspect would be told they had done something, If they disagreed the witness would be brought in to confront the suspect and asked "was this the person you saw doing X?"

Totally prohibited in this Country.

thats true huge, that is normally how it happens,(can be exciting stuff!!) but if the witness,has a reason,i.e fear that his family could be endangered if his identity was known, anonomity can be used.

Sorry about this, I just want to get this clear in my mind - So if the McCanns were charged oversees, they cannot demand to have the trial in the U.K. as the authorities in this country would not be able to find an unbiased jury?

That sounds like an out for the McCanns, they need only to shout "human rights"!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Sorry about this, I just want to get this clear in my mind - So if the McCanns were charged oversees, they cannot demand to have the trial in the U.K. as the authorities in this country would not be able to find an unbiased jury?

That sounds like an out for the McCanns, they need only to shout "human rights"!

No apologies necessary, When you are accused of a Crime overseas then you go through the legal process of the Country in which you have 'allegedly' committed the crime. They can however, seek to serve the sentence allocated by a 'Foreign' Court served in a UK Jail. Nothing about an unbiased jury is relevant. Portugal do not have a system based on the Magna Carta, "let no man be imprisoned except by judgement of his peers." (might be wrong as it is from memory!") but we have to uphold their law as correct, whatever we think. As indeed we expect others to uphold our own law.