Madeleine

Cranfield

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the sniffer dog evidence is not as reliable as thought.

Telegraph

According to some research these dogs can give an error in as many as 78% of cases..........

But Dane County Judge Patrick Fiedler ruled last month that the evidence that led to the charge could not be put before the jury.

He said the dogs were too unreliable in detecting the odour of remains and noted that no remains were actually found.

The judge agreed with an analysis of the three dogs' track record by Zapata's defence team that found they were incorrect 78%, 71% and 62% of the time.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "Such evidence would not be admissable in a British court - but the feeling is that it might be here.

"It's a clear indication that the McCanns are doing all they can to defend themselves if charges are brought against them."

Do you think he worked that out for himself! I wonder what he gets paid, who could put any emphasis on that.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

http://media.guardian.co.uk/mediaguardian/...=rss&feed=4

Stir into the mix the relentless demands of 24-hour rolling journalism and some bitter, nationalistic warfare between sections of the British and Portuguese press and you get a messy, and occasionally nasty, story.

Food for thought?

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

Cranfield - when one of these topics turns nasty and petty as often as this and several other recent ones have, it requres lots of mod time to watch it even if the replies are nothing we would be the least bit interested in. After a few days, that gets really old.

Elton and all the mods put in lots of hours each week watching really boring topics but at a certain point, one of them gets to be just a bit too much so to preserve our sanity, we will either delete it or close it.

I am pretty sure some posters are aware of this and intentionally post inflamatory nonsense when they want a topic ended. That does work for a while until the poster finally gets to be too high maintenance and is put on prem. pre-approval or suspension or finally, removed from the forum.

The "intentionally post inflammatory nonsense when they want a topic ended" is basic troll behavior and if it was ignored or simply reported when way OTT, the behavior would stop or the offender would be removed. Unfortunately that usually does not happen and we simply see these endless arguments with obnoxious scum annoying posters.

We have already lost several long-time mods due basically to burn-out. I would much rather lose an occasional post or topic than lose any more mods.

I made my remark, as I considered the Moderator's comment that he would delete a 15 odd page thread due to a couple of posts, that he deemed unacceptable , was a gross over reaction.

Why not just delete the "offending" posts and PM the "offenders".

Its disappointing to see "in your face", aggressive moderation on here, when so much could be dealt with by a direct PM to the individuals.

According to the media today, it looks as though the McCanns new PR person is starting to earn their huge salary.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

perhaps the idea is to get a media frenzy then claim they cannot get a fair trial because of the media frenzy ;)

the only winners will be the lawyers

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Looks like the blood in the hire car was that of the twins.

Innocent until proven guilty springs to mind

steve

That is 100% correct.

Who released this item of news?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

thin,very thin!!!

dna in the sandals hey!! now this is getting really desparate.

and why would you carry USED nappies of the twins when you moved!!!no bins about!!

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Looks like the blood in the hire car was that of the twins.

Innocent until proven guilty springs to mind

steve

That is 100% correct.

Who released this item of news?

How can anyone say that the, "blood in the car came from the twins" theory is "100% correct" ? This is a prime example of where we can have conflicting opinions based only on what the media tells us.

I have not heard, or read that theory from the media, although I don't doubt its out there somewhere.

The really sick thing now, which I believe seemed to be the McCanns objective all the way through this sad incident, is that the publicity and news is all about them and establishing their credibility.

Its almost as though Mr McCann foresaw this time coming.

All of a sudden they seem to have forgotten their daughter is still missing.

Their new PR man is really whipping up a storm and earning his money.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "