Madeleine

Cranfield

Sorry about this, I just want to get this clear in my mind - So if the McCanns were charged oversees, they cannot demand to have the trial in the U.K. as the authorities in this country would not be able to find an unbiased jury?

That sounds like an out for the McCanns, they need only to shout "human rights"!

As I understand it the case should be held in the country where the crime takes place and for it to be tried else where within the EU the country would have to agree to an external trial.

I hardly think that would happen after all the comments made to the media by the McCanns, family and friends about the Portuguese justice system.

They soon scampered home when made suspects and I dare say will fight tooth and nail to avoid going back, a big change in stance I fancy.

They seem to be getting support from those on high though.

BBC News

To those who say we should not discuss this case on here I would say the McCanns started the ball rolling, they laid the case bare and told us what happened and I reserve the right to view those statements as I feel fit.

If you place something in the public domain you have to expect it to be debated for good or bad.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's keep the thread on topic shall we? And keep the snide little comments to yourselves.... If I feel the need to make another post on here reminding certain people to behave, I'll just delete the thread instead :rtfm:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

My personal opinion is there has been a circling of the wagons,

I think you are right, and some very rich and influential troops inside the circle to boot

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Let's keep the thread on topic shall we? And keep the snide little comments to yourselves.... If I feel the need to make another post on here reminding certain people to behave, I'll just delete the thread instead :rtfm:

There is something very wrong about the last sentence in this post. :rolleyes:

But moving on....................

Edited by Cranfield

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

very simply...if you commit an offence in portugal.you are tried in portugal. if you commit an offence in spain, you get tried in spain etc etc. juries are not used for these sort of trials in these countries.

i wondered, if by contracting the services of the lawyer that defended pinochet,whether they were considering appealing against any possible european arrest warant if one was issued.

i cant see how that could be accomplished though, portugal being a E.U state.?

If I feel the need to make another post on here reminding certain people to behave, I'll just delete the thread instead :rtfm:

There is something very wrong about the last sentence in this post. :rolleyes:

Cranfield - when one of these topics turns nasty and petty as often as this and several other recent ones have, it requres lots of mod time to watch it even if the replies are nothing we would be the least bit interested in. After a few days, that gets really old.

Elton and all the mods put in lots of hours each week watching really boring topics but at a certain point, one of them gets to be just a bit too much so to preserve our sanity, we will either delete it or close it.

I am pretty sure some posters are aware of this and intentionally post inflamatory nonsense when they want a topic ended. That does work for a while until the poster finally gets to be too high maintenance and is put on prem. pre-approval or suspension or finally, removed from the forum.

The "intentionally post inflamatory nonsense when they want a topic ended" is basic troll behavior and if it was ignored or simply reported when way OTT, the behavior would stop or the offender would be removed. Unfortunately that usually does not happen and we simply see these endless arguments with obnoxious scum annoying posters.

We have already lost several long-time mods due basically to burn-out. I would much rather lose an occasional post or topic than lose any more mods.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cranfield - when one of these topics turns nasty and petty as often as this and several other recent ones have, it requres lots of mod time to watch it even if the replies are nothing we would be the least bit interested in. After a few days, that gets really old.

Elton and all the mods put in lots of hours each week watching really boring topics but at a certain point, one of them gets to be just a bit too much so to preserve our sanity, we will either delete it or close it.

I am pretty sure some posters are aware of this and intentionally post inflamatory nonsense when they want a topic ended. That does work for a while until the poster finally gets to be too high maintenance and is put on prem. pre-approval or suspension or finally, removed from the forum.

The "intentionally post inflamatory nonsense when they want a topic ended" is basic troll behavior and if it was ignored or simply reported when way OTT, the behavior would stop or the offender would be removed. Unfortunately that usually does not happen and we simply see these endless arguments with obnoxious scum annoying posters.

We have already lost several long-time mods due basically to burn-out. I would much rather lose an occasional post or topic than lose any more mods.

I have never read such egotistical rubbish Newt. and to call posters obnoxious scum is really viewing members with contempt. I have been punished a few times by you as a mod a few times, never any other mod BTW, Does that make me obnoxious scum Newt? You are an American modding a British site, so much for Anglo / American relations.

I'll pass no comment nor have I passed any comment on the rest of this thread, but I feel I must add just one comment on Newt's posting.

The message was fairly loud and clear without the "obnoxious scum" bit. I'm a bit disappointed in that remark Newt. If you have somebody in mind perhaps a direct PM would be more appropriate.

Colin

Edited by Colin Brett

see these endless arguments with ( obnoxious scum ) annoying posters.

i do love the softly softly approach :D

my misses has been using that word in referance to me for years so it really doesnt bother me,but its alittle OTT when the rest of the post was pretty clear!!(as some have already stated)

curious though,but does my view on the macanns make me what you describe?

or are we talking about the petty posts from previous pages?(funny at most and amusing but as far as i can see its tit for tat and all of us resume pleasantrys quickly(mostly):)

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

It is an international site by the very nature of the web, people from all over the world can read and post as members of this site and for me that is what makes the web such an interesting place.

I certainly have no problem with Newt as a mod his approach is direct and to the point and apart from the scum bag bit (OTT) :lol: I have no problem with his view of the situation.

We all have different opinions and I try to always adopt a non-personal approach in replies because I hate to see any thread closed simply because of a slagging match.

Keep up the good work Newt.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist