Madeleine

Cranfield

Guest Rabbit
ofcourse they are! had they been sitting by her bed would she still have been spirited away?

its illegal to leave a child under the age of 12 alone here and i think nowadays you can procecute those in other EU countries for an offence committed abroad ,but strangely nothings been done

Yes guilty of leaving the children unattended in the bedroom while they eat out. Something which they have to accept was wrong. How much do have parents have to protect their children from these rare events before it can be deemed unreasonable and damaging to any childs development? It's all right to condemn after the event but hand on heart as parents we are all guilty of dropping our guard occasionally.

As with the Soham murders,and now this, parents will be over reacting towards protecting their kids, resulting in kids having more time in front of the t.v and xbox.

Its a difficult one on one hand you want to keep your kids safe but on the other they need to have a certain amount of freedom to develop as well rounded people.

I am sure their were as many cases of child abduction / murder when we were all children, but the media coverage was a good deal less, hence there was a balance, and we were still allowed to play outside.

Dropping their guard does not make the McCanns murderers.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
So wealthy, middle class people are beyond harming children? If they'd been from a council estate and on the dole you'd presumably have no qualms about pointing the finger at them then?

No I didn't mean that...however the thought if it was proved that a wealthy middle class family could harm their child, without problems that a lot of other folk less fortunate then them that could be deemed as mitigating circumstances is chilling.

Should have worded it better perhaps.

Was it really me that brought you out of hiding? :unsure:

So what was wrong with Gods Country?

Yes guilty of leaving the children unattended in the bedroom while they eat out. Something which they have to accept was wrong. How much do have parents have to protect their children from these rare events before it can be deemed unreasonable and damaging to any childs development? It's all right to condemn after the event but hand on heart as parents we are all guilty of dropping our guard occasionally.

As with the Soham murders,and now this, parents will be over reacting towards protecting their kids, resulting in kids having more time in front of the t.v and xbox.

Its a difficult one on one hand you want to keep your kids safe but on the other they need to have a certain amount of freedom to develop as well rounded people.

I am sure their were as many cases of child abduction / murder when we were all children, but the media coverage was a good deal less, hence there was a balance, and we were still allowed to play outside.

Dropping their guard does not make the McCanns murderers.

hand on heart we never left our kids alone ,never had a baby sitter and they were locked in their rooms at night and they were confined to the garden ,when theres a convicted pedo living 3 doors away you wouldnt have dared (others let their brats roam though),once we moved to a better location then they could do as they pleased and inflict themselves on the neighbours but by this time all but one were at secondary school.

sounds hard ,it was but they were safe .

perhaps if all kids were confined to the home then they wouldnt get bad habits from those that have parents that dont care and let their brats run riot behind their backs or go gallivanting themselves leaving their kids alone unsupervised.

there is an old saying "children should be seen but not heard" mine would be "children shouldn't be seen nor heard"

the summer holidays should be for a fortnight its only for the teachers anyway and there should be child free days so you dont have to suffer them.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Rabbit

h

there is an old saying "children should be seen but not heard" mine would be "children shouldn't be seen nor heard"

Odd that a parent should have this view. what about your Grandchildren/ surely they would be the exception to Chesters1 another classic wind up comment :unsure:

trust me rabbit its not a wind up!!!:)

but grandchildren are treated better since he has learnt from his mistakes.

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Rabbit, I agree with you almost 100% here parents don't just overreact, but they positively mollycoddle their children today. I can see around me a generation of children who are growing up to be inadequate at dealing with the world that they live in. I have a friend who has a little boy of eight, who does not know how to cross the road, even at a pedestrian controlled crossing. When I was eight, I used to have a journey of 3 miles with two buses to get to school, and I used to take my little brother with me, he was only 4 1/2 at the time. My mates little boy does not have a younger sibling, but if he did he would not be able to accompany him to the bathroom, he can barely dress himself.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

the summer holidays should be for a fortnight its only for the teachers anyway and there should be child free days so you dont have to suffer them.

If that is your attitude, you should not have had children mate. You would truly hate France. My kids have been off since mid June and don't go back until early September. When I was a nipper in Scotland we had 10 glorious weeks of school holiday each summer and I loved every day of them.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

If that is your attitude, you should not have had children mate. You would truly hate France. My kids have been off since mid June and don't go back until early September. When I was a nipper in Scotland we had 10 glorious weeks of school holiday each summer and I loved every day of them.

i didnt have any my mrs did :D

unfortunately i can only just put up with kids! in reality i'm perfectly happy to be left alone bar my mrs .but i'm not rude to my kin so whilst never visiting them they are free to visit me for the mrs's sake ofcourse :D

i find them distracting and forget what i'm doing.

i used to walk to school alone at 5 years of age i last kissed my mum then too ,independent little shite i was but times were slower then.probably just as many perverts about then too but unfortunately all my mum said was keep away from "strange" men,i learnt the hard way what "strange" was luckily before anything sexual happened both were known child likers .

our kids were told EXACTLY what perverts were !

i'm not a hard man just my upbringing was different ,i didnt have freinds (nor now really) so never learned to mix or mingle so my adult life never learned to either.

my life revolves around my mrs she's enough to keep me occupied :D

mind you a grumpy old git is great to threaten your children with ,"youl go and live with your grandad" is enough to bring most kids to heel i bet,out of billy50000? two a stare still brings fear to one the other has fathomed out i'm a softy at heart so a very occasional shout works.

we rarely see the others they live at the edge of the known world 10 miles away :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Back on topic I notice that today marks the 100th day since Madeleine went AWOL and that 'special prayers' are being said for her today. No doubt she will be found within hours, we should have thought of that weeks ago. :headhurt:

perhaps saying "special prayers" would make all the perverts drop dead wars would cease and all would be well ,that would be easier.

its a strange god that allows such sorrow through out the world.

que religeous fanatics get out clauses....... :whistling:

Edited by chesters1