Madeleine

Cranfield

Hi Ken

Whilst I don't think I would disagree with anything on this thread that you have said regarding the whole McCann mess, I must take issue with one thing.

I will try and dig out a reference to the figures, but I remember reading something in the past year or two that does suggest that the incidence of paedophile activity is no higher now thatn it was in the 1950's. The only thing that appears to have changed is societies awareness of it, and of course the media reporting of it.

Paedophiles have unfortunately been around for a long long time. But the media haven't always been around quite the same as they are now.

Your probably correct, but when I was a child these people were lone rangers and sad people, today however they have lines of communication which were not available then. They are able to discuss there sad pathetic episodes with each other and bolster their egos making them a lot more dangerous.

The really sad thing is the technology we use is their weapon.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit

This is not easy sharing this, but I think it is worth saying.

Growing up in Bristol as I did in the 60's I had my fair share of close encounters with these predatory scum bags. One incident that shocks me still to this day, happenes when I was just 12. I was football mad like most kids and helped form a under 13 team that played in the Church Of England League. not that I was at all interested in the church then and never since.

However I was 'voted' to be the 'secretary' of this team and had to attend the AGM in Bristol. After the meeting I was offered a lift home by the head of the league. I will never forget his name , a certain Mr S............. On getting into his car he gave me a folder to look at. Thinking it was football related I opened it and was horrified as to what I saw. Photographs of men with young boys in certain naked poses.. I must have ran all the way home and reported my account to my parents. They did nothing, it still haunts me to this day as to what extent this 'man' corrupted and ruined young lives.

What is chilling is that these evil people gained positions of trust in such organisations as this and others, including scouts. now I know there are some very genuine people working with young people, but there is also a huge amount of the Mr S types as well, and when I think back to the scout summer camps, it was a wonder we all came back alive. Funny how it all seems so clear as a mature adult, but as an innocent child we trusted these people..

I did post earlier that there has to be a balance as to giving a child freedom and not to over react to incidents such as Soham and the Portugese case, and I still believe that, but NEVER accept anyone on face value when it comes to your own kids.

Edited by Rabbit

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Ken, am i the only one to not realise what this relates to?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

There was a triple-blind study done into prayer. I think the outcome was that praying to god was about as much use as praying to a bottle of milk. If I can dig it out, i'll post a wee link.

Just caught up with this one - this is the only study that springs to mind:

http://www.mrw.interscience.wiley.com/coch...0368/frame.html

The police have made a few statements, they now say she died in the apartment and it may have been an accident.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ok Ken, not heard about that. Thanks!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

within a week or two we will see significant developments in this.

the mccanns will claim that they are being made scapegoats.

i have been asked today,"why were the substances sent for testing only recently discovered"?

the emphasis on the investigation, has changed from her being abducted, to being killed.

while the emphasis was on abduction,so different emphasis was placed on the investigation.

i have (unfortunatly) got to read large sections of the uk press, you are getting a different version of events than that which is portrayed in other countries.

in portugal and spain, if a newspaper KNOWINGLY prints something that is false, they are subject to huge fines, and even imprisonment, for the offending reporter,the stories that have appeared in portugese newspapers this week, will have been leaked from a reliable source.i.e police.or they would not have dared print them.i agree with you corydoras, you are very poorly served by your "newspapers". :) i want to make it clear that i am not presuming guilt on anybody.

note what i posted almost 2 weeks ago ken...what you are hearing now, we were hearing 2 weeks ago.

the uk press seem to be more intent on running the mcann appreciation society, than trying to put two and two together.

The police have made a few statements, they now say she died in the apartment and it may have been an accident.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Got a link to that? BBC site seems to have nothing on it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.