Disabled slur

Bluey

Not wishing to split hairs (there's a change :D) but you can claim DLA and still work and although I thought that the middle rate of the care component passported people into incapacity benefit (IB is not my area of expertise), I can find no reference to it on-line. I'm pretty sure that the mobility component wouldn't automaticaly passport someone into IB though.

Not sure if it's worth bothering with the dob in line myself unless you have good strong evidence and really wan't someone investigated. The last figures I saw quoted for this indicated that less than 3% of reported fraudsters ended up being prosecuted.

They don't always prosecute but they will take them off benefit if it is found to be a fraudulent claim.

My mate Sid was really p*ssed off with a chap who rented a bungalow opposite, he was claiming and running a window cleaning business, use to see him loading up the roof rack with the ladders and all the kit. Sid couldn't phone in as he had lost his ability to speak after the stroke so he pointed it out to his carer who reported it. This chap was taken to court and rightly so, he was clearly out to cheat the system and the tax payer out of money.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Walker - If you had "something" that stopped you walking a distance less than 20 paces unaided, you will qualify for DB.

I didn't think you needed to be on benefits to get the parking concessions. If you do, that's stupid. I work from home, I do a desk job, I earn a decent wage, and if I lost my mobility I would still be able to do that. I wouldn't want or need to claim benefits in that situation. I thought that certain benefits automatically qualified you for a badge, but that there were other ways to qualify? I can't believe Frank Williams (wheelchair bound millionaire F1 team owner) needs or receives any money from the taxpayer, but surely he should still get the parking concessions?

Sigh, as usual rabbit you've gone off on a wild tangent. :(

The point here is, you are not a doctor (or more important, taking this back on topic, the fellah in the magazine article isn't a doctor) and therefore he can't comment on anyones ailment purely on the basis of seeing someone fishing.

Additionally many people are proud and don't like to sit whinging so they adapt coping strategies which hide thier symptoms from people. For example, if you and I fished together (specially on one of my better days) then you wouldn't know there was anything srong with me.............doesn't mean I'm fit and well though, just means I APPEAR to be for the PERIOD OF TIME WE ARE TOGETHER.

Also, you'll know about the old British gallows humour and I'll often 'brag' about the kings ransom I get off the social to make light of a situation. Give or take a few coppers they pay me a tenner a day......a far cry from what you get. What kind of goodies do you think my tenner buys????

Off an a tangent (sigh) cheap lager comments?? Deleted my reply, pointless trying to debate :mellow:

I didn't think you needed to be on benefits to get the parking concessions. If you do, that's stupid. I work from home, I do a desk job, I earn a decent wage, and if I lost my mobility I would still be able to do that. I wouldn't want or need to claim benefits in that situation. I thought that certain benefits automatically qualified you for a badge, but that there were other ways to qualify? I can't believe Frank Williams (wheelchair bound millionaire F1 team owner) needs or receives any money from the taxpayer, but surely he should still get the parking concessions?

you have 2 ways of getting a blue badge ,one is to get the high rate mobility of DLA or you turn up at your local council offices for a walking "test".

the first method cannot be challenged by the council ,the second is entirely up to the official who does it ,the genuinly disabled may not get it if the examiner has had a bad day the fraudilent may get it if their good actors.

being a decidedly anti gov/council type of chap i certainly wouldnt enjoy some untrained little prick deciding if i deserved a permit based on their judgement.

my mrs has one because she fullfils the first criteria!

DLA is a benefit purely for the added expenses of being disabled ,you can work and still claim and its not based on income ,its not seen as a benefit/income when claiming benefits so is not counted as income!

you could earn a million quid a year and still get it ,you can have no legs and work at a computer or run a FI racing team it doesent change that you have a disability.

most wealthy disabled may not bother to claim whats rightfully theres it doesnt mean the rest get more just the government spends it on something else (probably themselves)

DLA at the high rate of mobility opens doors to new cars paid from their DLA and free road tax ,but its a two edged sword you may have a lovely car in the drive but nothing left from your benefit to run it or go anywhere ,in our case we plump for the road tax and eat!

a car getting free tax disk has to be registered as a disabled vehicle ,it doesent have to be owned by the disabled vehicle only be used for the disabled person or on their behalf ,anyone found driving around in such vehicle without the above criteria is using it illegally and hopefully come down hard on by the authorities.

my road fund free golf isnt really (despite owning it on the log book) mine its the mrs's ,she is in it or i dont use it full stop.

the disabled vehicle (free tax or DLA paid for) lets the disabled person have a more normal life ,go out ,work or go on holiday etc ,and converted to suit the disabled person lets them get out alone (just like real people) my mrs's epilepsy stops her having a driving licence so i become her chauffeur so she can get out and about just like real people :rolleyes:

as the cars for her benefit i'm reduced to the moped for my everyday life summer and winter rain and shine ,luckily i like my bike because for the cost of a free tax disk i could be a car user for my benefit .

i have a nice new (1989) volvo i'm doing up for us (and just me if i wish) the golf will be an emergency back up vehicle which those looking after disabled people cannot do without! theres no buses in tilford in the daytime never mind at night for emergencies and us that own old cars cannot be sure the banger will start so two halves the risk.

fear not i will pay for my tax disk like everyone else (but it hurts more in her pocket) but seeing as i cant leave her at home she may in reality have two cars :( and me still the bike :D

the golf will be used for everyday getting about and the volvo for holidays camping even those getting those huge government hand out cant run two and not having the gift of the gab to demand more (like some do somehow) settle for what we get and with thanks.

ebays been providing the income to buy bits for both cars and ofcourse the money to pay for them ,6 months sitting on the drive doing nothing being fixed for the volvo may not be everyones way of life but beggars cant be choosers ,just the front discs and new stearing ball joints and its ready for an mot ,it maybe this year maybe next who knows :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

DLA is a benefit purely for the added expenses of being disabled ,you can work and still claim and its not based on income ,its not seen as a benefit/income when claiming benefits so is not counted as income!

Well, I didn't know that. I thought everything was means tested these days.

no but the forms you fill in to get it are formidable :(

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople...ort/DG_10011731

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1 - Good post!

Here's one for Rabbit and MrM : Come and meet me and try and SEE my disability!!

Extract fom my doctors letter to the DSS:

"This patient has asked me to summarise his past medical history.

He is a 64 year old man who has been registered with the practice since 1988............

.....he was diagnosed with Angina in 1997 for which he takes medication. He has also been diagnosed with COPD which causes breathlessness, and reduces his mobility as a result.

He is currently undergoing treatment for his left shoulder. An MRI scan shows a massive rotator cuff tear and marked muscle atrophy...............

In view of these (many) problems, I think the possibility of him returning to employment are probably non-existent.

According to you two guys I am "trying it on" and living off the state!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

He is currently undergoing treatment for his left shoulder. An MRI scan shows a massive rotator cuff tear and marked muscle atrophy...............

Wot's that mean Kleinboet, at present i have a frozen shoulder for the second time, i have been told that there is nothing can be done with it. They have also told me that i have torn some tendons in it. This is without a scan or xray.Painfull.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest Brumagem Phil

KB.........why are you justifying yourself to them???? You don't need to, and they won't thank you for it either. Do yourself a favour and don't rise to their silly baiting.

KB.........why are you justifying yourself to them???? You don't need to, and they won't thank you for it either. Do yourself a favour and don't rise to their silly baiting.

Don't mean me do you Phil.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..