Floodlight fishing

mjbarnes12

O.K i have opened my recent edition of IYCF and read about floodlight fishing matches, I have heard about these but dismissed them as hear say, Is this going to confuse or alter fishes behaviour, or is this just as bad as us lighting our streets???

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it right? that is an open and philosophical question. no more right/wrong/unnatural than stocking venues with artificially high numbers of fish so that they can be caught over and over again and fish becoming reliant on anglers baits for sustenance rather than foraging for natural food stuffs.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

Each to their own! Not my kind of thing, but then what-me-too camo bivvies aren't either. I'm just waiting for radio chips being put under a carp's scales so that they can be located with a simple handset.

I remember reading about a commercial where all the carp are electronically tagged and there's a digital lake display in the clubhouse showing all the fish as dots on the map. Watercraft eh!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

O.K i have opened my recent edition of IYCF and read about floodlight fishing matches, I have heard about these but dismissed them as hear say, Is this going to confuse or alter fishes behaviour, or is this just as bad as us lighting our streets???

hi just joined do you like course fishing if so can we chat

You can chat as much as you like on the forums f.h.m., that's what they're here for :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I used to fish the R.Lea right next to the Hertford football ground a long time ago, it was great fun trotting at night by the light of the floodlights on the pitch, never seemed to put the fish off much, although I doubt that there was much light entering the water but plenty enough to see a float.

i thought the IYCF article was really cool for this night fishing thing. its not like they were using the lights to locate the fish or anything like that, it was just to aid them with the floats and allow them to see what they are doing.

and while tagging the fish is probably a good idea to see whats been nicked and to see what fish you caught and see how its grown since last time, it shouldnt be used to help locate them.