barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

They have been talking for 15 years.

How many times on here have we seen outraged posts about French and Spanish boats fishing legally. The outrage was usually about the fact that they could fish legally.

As for the French breaking the agreement (larger British boats stayed out of the area in exchange for more fishing rights.)

What were the British boats doing in the area if they were abiding by the agreement?

Unless I've missed something Dave, the British boats were fishing legally, as per the agreement An agreement that's lasted 5 years, but the French decide to block it this year, coincidently in the final run up to Brexit? If they'd waited, then after Brexit, they will have the scallop beds to themselves, or could it be that they are thinking about the loss made by their boats if we kick them out of British waters, post Brexit.

What's supposed to happen now, an escalation of the violence? The Brits send 50 boats to face the French 35, then they send 100? Or are the respective navies to get involved?

As it's been said there are two sides to any story.

AFP reports, "The two sides have reached annual agreements over the past five years, but according to Rogoff the French blocked a deal this year, saying they had had enough. 'For the Brits, it's an open bar – they fish when they want, where they want, and as much as they want,' he complained."

However, the pro-Brexit organization Fishing for Leave, has accused French fishermen of hypocrisy, claiming they have caught 60 percent of the fish in British waters in the past four decades.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

How have the Brits reacted?

Mike Park, chief executive of the Scottish White Fish Producers Association,

described the clashing incident as "clear piracy".

Speaking about the Scottish boat, he told BBC Scotland: "He's fully entitled to be there. UK vessels can enter that French zone, it's not illegal.

"The Peterhead vessel is going about its business. The French vessels are probably attacking it."

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

So the vessels that were rammed, stoned and had flares fired at them were fishing ilegally ?

Break the law and be punished, don't break the law and get rammed, stoned and shot at with flares.

Do you agree with the French reactions then #!!!!

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Do I think it was right? No

Do I think it was understandable? Yes

If positions were reversed, do I think that the Brits would have done it to the French? Absolutely, and some on here would have been cheering them on.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Do I think it was right? No

Do I think it was understandable? Yes

If positions were reversed, do I think that the Brits would have done it to the French? Absolutely, and some on here would have been cheering them on.

I'm not very good at searching for stuff on the net, but I've tried and not found any reports of British boats attacking French ones. I have found several where Brits have been attacked by French, and Spanish ones though. It could be my rubbish searching, or it could be that it's more common for the French to act this way.

I did find this report from 2016 and it could go towards explaining the actions of the French.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/12/brexit-could-boot-french-fishermen-out-of-british-waters/

Maybe it's the French that 'want their gateau and eat it'.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

French fisherman have been accused of endangering the lives of British seafarers as a row over scallops turned violent.

In tense scenes, footage from the English Channel reveals rival vessels colliding with each other and objects being thrown.

It is alleged French fisherman threw smoke bombs, rocks and other projectiles at English and Scottish boats in the early hours of Tuesday morning, with holes reported to have been left in some vessels.

Around 40 French boats are claimed to have confronted around a dozen British vessels in the scallop-rich waters of Baie de Seine, off the Normandy coast.

UK fishermen are calling for the Royal Navy's protection amid fears their lives are being put at risk.

The operative word here is THE ENGLISH CHANNEL, YES, THE ENGLISH CHANNEL

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

The operative word here is THE ENGLISH CHANNEL, YES, THE ENGLISH CHANNEL

They got some of it ,they call it the munchies ,whether its original or peppermint i am unsure

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well it turns out no agreement between French and Britain this year to allow the British boats into the area in question so as it stands the British boats shouldnt actually be there and to top it when brexit happens next year they defernetly wont be allowed to fish there .so no scallops did you notice the small French vessels and massive British ones no wonder they are up in arms .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg