E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Didnt ceasar invade "britania" in 55 bc ? Not sure when "britania" first was named but it predates the greeks mentioned.did the romans know about ireland ?

In roman days did they sail right round britain ,if not they probably named england as britania and bumped into the northern lot unannounced

Googling shows the first ' known' reference was by a greek in 325 bc which makes sense

When "great" britain actual existed i dont know surely once wales and scotland joined england makes sense if the term is "greater" britania ,the uk once northern ireland is conquered ?

“What did the Romans ever do for us?”

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Very little we returned to exactly what we were doing before they came very quickly .

Unlike the normans they romans tended to work with the people by rewarding their leaders (those that wanted to) whereas the normans killed those in power and enslaved the people ,pretty much like germany would have done if they got across the channel.

You know those french and germans running europe now lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Archtecture

Roads

Towns

Square Buildings

Glazed Windows

The first sewage systems

Currency

Trademarks

Advertising

Eating three meals a day

Latin, reading and writing.

I could go on and on.

The Normans were not French the were Vikings that spoke Medieval French.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Archtecture

Roads

Towns

Square Buildings

Glazed Windows

The first sewage systems

Currency

Trademarks

Advertising

Eating three meals a day

Latin, reading and writing.

I could go on and on.

The Normans were not French the were Vikings that spoke Medieval French.

They are now!

Square buildings predate the roman period by millenia there have been some found here the knap of howar is not round its a rounded oblong egypt is full of them ,most of the reason is the materials used ,its far easier to make a round building out of trees and we had lots of trees

Roads were not a roman invention, roman road building practices were !we have many prehistoric roads !

Semi straight ones came into existance because the romans 'insisted ' objections to them disapeared

Towns predated rome

Most people couldnt read full stop ,most romans here were not romans so latin for the educated only

Currency predates rome here and everywhere else

I will give you glazing its expensive so only the rich could afford it!

Most of romes "advantages" never filtered down to the masses ,a destitute slave is a slave whoever owns them so they lived as they always had before, during and after the romans left

3 meals a day would be welcomed by peasents not having one every day!

Sewerage here is a tough one ,we certainly managed water and probably shat in the woods like most people not able to afford such luxuries ,as a great number of 'towns' were hill forts its pretty hard to make water run uphill.sewerage systems predate rome by 4000 years in Mesopotamia

People think everything changed when rome conquered and we all started wearing togas and having baths ,it didnt for most people then and when the normans invaded we carried on exactly as we did before building round houses and **** in holes,the biggest changes come when you leave the countryside and live in a town its far easier to build a square house and its far better not to crap in a hole although we were until the late middle ages and after

I could go on

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

The plot of this thread has become one of my favorite jokes. "Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

“Those who look for the bad in Boris and Donald will surely find it.”
Abraham Lincoln

Phone

• Like 1

All,

The plot of this thread has become one of my favorite jokes. "Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

“Those who look for the bad in Boris and Donald will surely find it.”

Abraham Lincoln

Phone

But those who look for the good will need electron microscopes.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cory,

Exactly, bad press goes round the world whilst good men are getting on their socks.

Phone

Jonathan Swift said something similar I believe.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.