barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I'll leave the Biblical quotes to you.

Mine was a reference to a quote made when most of Europe relied on us to help keep them out of the clutches of Germany. It seemed much more appropriate, you could say, almost ironic.

John.

Hosea 8:7

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it has no stalk; the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So you dont think the British public werent deceived into voting Brexit John some like yourself had your mind made up many others as well but a lot did not I will ask you one very simple question this will be a yes or no IF there was another referendum will there be a big red bus going the country written on its side saying £350 million a week for the NHS that was in very big bold letters for all to see and on it was on posters as well all round the country do you think the leave campaign will have the balls to run it again .

I tell you what would be an excellent remain poster or a big red bus goung round the country running the same add with a big black cross right across it .

I'm not sure I can put this any simpler Paul, but I'll try.

You posted that we shouldn't have had a referendum in 2016, because we had one in 1975. You also said that because you believe we were misled prior to the last one, we should have another, now we know more about it. Using your same logic, because what we voted for in 1975, isn't what we've got now, means we were misled then, so the 2016 vote was the right thing to do, albeit several years late.

As to whether we will see 'another' red bus saying £350 million to the NHS on it, I never saw one the first time. You only think you saw it saying that, because the media told you it did, and it fit in with what you wanted to believe.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hosea 8:7

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it has no stalk; the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.

I knew you'd put your hand up to tell us what you knew, have 5 house points, and a gold star.

As I said, mine wasn't a reference to the original quote, but a more recent one, that I felt much more appropriate to this situation.

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

So you dont think the British public werent deceived into voting Brexit John some like yourself had your mind made up many others as well but a lot did not I will ask you one very simple question this will be a yes or no IF there was another referendum will there be a big red bus going the country written on its side saying £350 million a week for the NHS that was in very big bold letters for all to see and on it was on posters as well all round the country do you think the leave campaign will have the balls to run it again .

I tell you what would be an excellent remain poster or a big red bus goung round the country running the same add with a big black cross right across it .

Theres the red bus ,it goes round and round almost as much as you do ,it never said give 350 million to the nhs its pretty simple to see it says "lets fund the nhs instead" no mention of how much ,the only thing wrong was the figure itself it didnt include the rebate.

Why are you whining ?its your fault you cannot read properly

I dont even mind the figure being distorted it no different from employers telling you your pay is fifty grand a year not mentioning that gross pay not net

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The ducking, diving, twisting and spin on here is worse than the houses of Parliament.

Everything is everybody else's fault.

Will you get what you want or what you deserve?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

The ducking, diving, twisting and spin on here is worse than the houses of Parliament.

Unfortunately its is other people fault if...

A they believe a word anyone says

B believes headlines in the media

C hasnt the intellect to check for themselves

D are gullible enough to think anything will change in or out

Luckily my wishes are simple if just one stinking foreigners has the power to dictate what i do removed i am happy

Getting rid of the scum in parliament who also do is harder they are not stupid enough to give a vote on removing that!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Unfortunately its is other people fault if...

A they believe a word anyone says

B believes headlines in the media

C hasnt the intellect to check for themselves

D are gullible enough to think anything will change in or out

Luckily my wishes are simple if just one stinking foreigners has the power to dictate what i do removed i am happy

Getting rid of the scum in parliament who also do is harder they are not stupid enough to give a vote on removing that!

Waynes world and Chesters world both arent in the real world its 2019 not 1919 parliament have sovereignty thats what so many dont understand it have can you vote for something that will put your constituents worse off and by vetoing brexit they are doing there constituents a very big favour .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

No, it's our fault Dave.

Our fault for daring to believe that there might just be the possibility, a Government and our fellow countrymen, would back a decision made by the people, and pull together to try and get the best deal possible.

Naïve, pie in the sky, call it what you will.

John.

Waynes world and Chesters world both arent in the real world its 2019 not 1919 parliament have sovereignty thats what so many dont understand it have can you vote for something that will put your constituents worse off and by vetoing brexit they are doing there constituents a very big favour .

The majority of constituants voted out remember ,more voted out than voted in in 1975 remember!

The vote yesterday had no legal effect unless we get the deal voted for again and it gets through or the EU to grant us an extention we will be leaving without a deal

As for sovereingty parliament dont have it the law does and in this case the law says we leave at the end of the month ,parliament make laws and they have to use the legal route to unmake them.

How long it takes to unmake a law i have no idea but i doubt it can go through the 3 stages it takes to do it in a fortnight ?

Edited by chesters1

There goes cods referendum down the drain

• Like 1