E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

There are always loopholes and why follow wtom ules at all start our own ,we helped set up efta why now wfta

Some exceptions are allowed. For example, countries can set up a free trade agreement that applies only to goods traded within the group discriminating against goods from outside. Or they can give developing countries special access to their markets. Or a country can raise barriers against products that are considered to be traded unfairly from specific countries. And in services, countries are allowed, in limited circumstances, to discriminate. But the agreements only permit these exceptions under strict conditions. In general, MFN means that every time a country lowers a trade barrier or opens up a market, it has to do so for the same goods or services from all its trading partners whether rich or poor, weak or strong.

Promoting fair competition

The WTO is sometimes described as a free trade institution, but that is not entirely accurate. The system does allow tariffs and, in limited circumstances, other forms of protection. More accurately, it is a system of rules dedicated to open, fair and undistorted competition.

IE we can impose tarriffs or remove them at our will unlike being in the EU who dictate them and tariffs are used to prop up failing companies who havnt the will to become competitive ,remove all tariffs if something cannot stand on its own two feet it should fail why should consumers be punished by not getting goods at the cheapest available because some home company refuses to compete and provide them at the same price?

IE some car companies are moaning it will be expensive to export cars from here to the EU and if we impose like for like tariffs it would be expensive to import them ,easy make the ****ing things here and sell them here ,no bloody tariffs at all!

Been googling there is only ONE country that trades SOLELY under WTO rules so in essence you can trade with who you damn well please making up your own rules between you!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

We allready had 1 referendum in 1975 when there was over 17,378,000 who voted for E.U. membership so why did we have another .

As it's been said, there was no EU in 1975, we voted on the Common Market or EEC whichever you prefer. You keep saying that we need to have a second referendum now, because we were misled, and it's different to what we were led to believe. Well using your same logic, it was right to have 2016 referendum, in fact we should have had one every time another treaty was added, because it was different to what we voted on in 1975.

It's beginning to look like Brexit won't happen, not that it's much of a surprise, it was on the cards from the off.

The things that have really angered me, are the way that the likes of Corbyn, Clegg and co, have gone behind our backs and helped Brussels to 'negotiate', for want of a better word. It's even now reported that Blair has been advising Macron for some time, I didn't think he could sink any lower, but I was wrong.

I would have accepted it if the referendum have gone the other way, even if I thought it was the wrong decision. But the way that some have petitioned, lied, scare mongered, back stabbed, and generally betrayed their fellow countrymen, by doing anything to try and undermine any attempt at getting a fair deal, is unforgivable. It's said we haven't prepared enough in the event we leave, I wonder if there has been enough preparation for whatever happens if we don't leave.

There's an old saying...."They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind".

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There are always loopholes and why follow wtom ules at all start our own ,we helped set up efta why now wfta

Some exceptions are allowed. For example, countries can set up a free trade agreement that applies only to goods traded within the group discriminating against goods from outside. Or they can give developing countries special access to their markets. Or a country can raise barriers against products that are considered to be traded unfairly from specific countries. And in services, countries are allowed, in limited circumstances, to discriminate. But the agreements only permit these exceptions under strict conditions. In general, MFN means that every time a country lowers a trade barrier or opens up a market, it has to do so for the same goods or services from all its trading partners whether rich or poor, weak or strong.

Promoting fair competition

The WTO is sometimes described as a free trade institution, but that is not entirely accurate. The system does allow tariffs and, in limited circumstances, other forms of protection. More accurately, it is a system of rules dedicated to open, fair and undistorted competition.

IE we can impose tarriffs or remove them at our will unlike being in the EU who dictate them and tariffs are used to prop up failing companies who havnt the will to become competitive ,remove all tariffs if something cannot stand on its own two feet it should fail why should consumers be punished by not getting goods at the cheapest available because some home company refuses to compete and provide them at the same price?

IE some car companies are moaning it will be expensive to export cars from here to the EU and if we impose like for like tariffs it would be expensive to import them ,easy make the ****ing things here and sell them here ,no bloody tariffs at all!

If you think you will be able to play fast and loose with the WTO then you are mistaken.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

As it's been said, there was no EU in 1975, we voted on the Common Market or EEC whichever you prefer. You keep saying that we need to have a second referendum now, because we were misled, and it's different to what we were led to believe. Well using your same logic, it was right to have 2016 referendum, in fact we should have had one every time another treaty was added, because it was different to what we voted on in 1975.

It's beginning to look like Brexit won't happen, not that it's much of a surprise, it was on the cards from the off.

The things that have really angered me, are the way that the likes of Corbyn, Clegg and co, have gone behind our backs and helped Brussels to 'negotiate', for want of a better word. It's even now reported that Blair has been advising Macron for some time, I didn't think he could sink any lower, but I was wrong.

I would have accepted it if the referendum have gone the other way, even if I thought it was the wrong decision. But the way that some have petitioned, lied, scare mongered, back stabbed, and generally betrayed their fellow countrymen, by doing anything to try and undermine any attempt at getting a fair deal, is unforgivable. It's said we haven't prepared enough in the event we leave, I wonder if there has been enough preparation for whatever happens if we don't leave.

John.

Very Biblical. He who laughs last laughs longest.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Very Biblical. He who laughs last laughs longest.

I'll leave the Biblical quotes to you.

Mine was a reference to a quote made when most of Europe relied on us to help keep them out of the clutches of Germany. It seemed much more appropriate, you could say, almost ironic.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

Ken, commentary on your last video please. Made no sense?

All,

What's the worst that can happen. The U.S. can simply reallocate a few of the seventy odd billion we spend in foreign aid and cut you in until you're on the mend. I really really do believe the UK will be fine. Maybe a little time will be necessary - but fine.

Phone

If you think you will be able to play fast and loose with the WTO then you are mistaken.

Fast and loose using their own rules the quotes were from their website (forgot to include the " at either end)

We can do anything we wish the WTO isnt NATO bristling with guns that have the power to force us to obey ,rules get broken every second everywhere they are just rules!

You choose to join WTO! you can unchoose! We choose to join NATO we can unchoose they are organisations not a mandatory god that must be obeyed or we get smitten or disappear from the earth mysteriously!

We can set up our own organisation with better rules ,with balls we can do anything ,unfortunately unlikes victorias time the balls have gone and we are governed by spineless idiots

As for getting round rules EFTA has no problem giving trade deals at different rates to WTO ones anyone can the WTO is not mandatory i cannot see why tarrifs are needed so WTO obselete if we remove them the EU will gripe then!

https://www.efta.int/free-trade/fta-and-wto

WTO was only founded in the 90's we have been trading with europe at least for 4,000 years with no problem before that

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Ken, commentary on your last video please. Made no sense?

All,

What's the worst that can happen. The U.S. can simply reallocate a few of the seventy odd billion we spend in foreign aid and cut you in until you're on the mend. I really really do believe the UK will be fine. Maybe a little time will be necessary - but fine.

Phone

That was Gerard Batten. Leader of UKIP and an MEP addressing the European Parliament.

As to a helping hand from the US..

Nice idea, but we've got history on that score.

Britain didn't clear the final payment of about $83m of the post WW2 assistance from the US until 31 December 2006.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

You it was right to have another referendum after the one we had in 1975 becasuse things have changed do you think the majority of public who voted Brexit really new all the Changes John not a chance now after near 3 years since the referendum people now know what awaits them do on the same scenario as you just mentioned people should have a final say my argument is it should not have been in or out without consultation its flawed if its another yes I would be the first to say fine game over but not the way it was it was done back in 2016 .

John.

So you dont think the British public werent deceived into voting Brexit John some like yourself had your mind made up many others as well but a lot did not I will ask you one very simple question this will be a yes or no IF there was another referendum will there be a big red bus going the country written on its side saying £350 million a week for the NHS that was in very big bold letters for all to see and on it was on posters as well all round the country do you think the leave campaign will have the balls to run it again .

I tell you what would be an excellent remain poster or a big red bus goung round the country running the same add with a big black cross right across it .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg