Corby at Glastonbury

big_cod

Nicked fron a friend....

I must correct an earlier post. When Michael Eavis, following a private meeting with Jeremy Corbyn after his triumphant Glastonbury speech, made certain statements in error which I reported as fact.

Following a call from the Labour Party 'Department of Truth' and a visit to room 101 Mr Eavis now recollects exactly what was said.

When he asked JC when he expected to be prime minister, he did not, as previously stated reply, "Within six months."

But rather, "Well that depends not only on the will of the great British electorate, whether they trust me enough to honour me with the position. But also the date of the next election, which could be five years away and whether I am still the party leader at that time. I take nothing for granted, for as everyone knows, I am a humble man to whom democracy is everything."

When Mr Eavis asked what JC would do about the Trident missile system on taking power. He did not reply as first reported, "Scrap it as soon as possible."

But, "This is a complex issue. It is vital to do the right thing. We have an agreement with our NATO allies which we must honour at all costs. We must also ensure the defensive capabilities of the UK are not weakened. The continuance of Trident is in our manifesto and therefore I would discuss the matter with the Parliamentary Labour Party before making any decision on the matter. Democracy, first, last and always. I may not like it but in the words of the great Sir Michael Jagger, You can't always have what you wa-ant."

Mr Eavis will henceforth be known as Winston Smith.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Generally winners rrewrite history lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Generally winners rrewrite history lol

It's even reported in 'The Guardian' that well known bastion of unbiased reporting, hard to deny his comments or state that he was misquoted on this occasion like on so many others, but merely report on the 'Labour Party' reply which is that it is a manifesto pledge to renew and support the Trident Nuclear Defence.

Doesn't take a genius like me (BC said it) to know that the PM's first job after visiting the Queen is to instruct the Captains of our Nuclear Detterent on the action they should take in the event of a Nuclear Attack on the UK, it doesn't take a genius to know how Corbyn will instruct.

Add to that the totally shameful instructions by McDonnell at the same venue, to, in so many words, occupy the houses of the rich, riot now because the Police will not be able to cope (which they cannot), and to change the result of the General Election by means of public disorder and we get a true sense of Maxism, forget Che, JC and JMc want their posters on teenagers walls.

BC, you remind me of an Uncle who would vote for a dog if it wore a red rosette AND my Mother who would vote for a cow with a blue one.

Get rid of the both of them and you might stand a chance.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Besides, the only foreseeable vacancy within the Manor is for somebody to 'service' my Ferrari, for some considerable time Gozzer has pestered me fr that job since he learnt that one of his relations was the General and the Donkey in N. Africa.

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree, (or you're just barking), if you think I would be interested in 'servicing your ass' HV. I'll leave that dubious task to those of your acquaintance with a more intimate knowledge of such things.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It's even reported in 'The Guardian' that well known bastion of unbiased reporting, hard to deny his comments or state that he was misquoted on this occasion like on so many others, but merely report on the 'Labour Party' reply which is that it is a manifesto pledge to renew and support the Trident Nuclear Defence.

Doesn't take a genius like me (BC said it) to know that the PM's first job after visiting the Queen is to instruct the Captains of our Nuclear Detterent on the action they should take in the event of a Nuclear Attack on the UK, it doesn't take a genius to know how Corbyn will instruct.

Add to that the totally shameful instructions by McDonnell at the same venue, to, in so many words, occupy the houses of the rich, riot now because the Police will not be able to cope (which they cannot), and to change the result of the General Election by means of public disorder and we get a true sense of Maxism, forget Che, JC and JMc want their posters on teenagers walls.

BC, you remind me of an Uncle who would vote for a dog if it wore a red rosette AND my Mother who would vote for a cow with a blue one.

Get rid of the both of them and you might stand a chance.

Are you not looking in the mirror hugh blue is blue now if the button was pressed it wouldn't matter how many nukes you have you will be fried dead meat now a man who wants the world rid of such an evil weapon to me is a good man now a good friend of mine being blue all his life that's his choice who gets the Mail everyday a smashing lad when reminded the mail is actually fascist paper and the owner or owners were actually fans of Hitler' he was no way having it funny somebody on Facebook last night actually put the full history of mail up pictures the lot is this a newspaper that still exists today shocking when you look back and stance it had with Hitler and the dam right lies it peddles .

Why do you think Corbyns popularity is increasing by the day and Teresa dismay is falling he is an supposed IRA supporter a communist Marxist drinks hand pulled beers won't by the sun so it looks like there was 12 million + IRA supporters who voted for him at the last election and no joke there is a lot more supporting him by the day he has no chance hugh are you sure about that em just 800,000 votes behind the tories not a lot to swing Hugh to turn the tide or maybe people are just dam right sick to there back teeth of this government and are pig sick of being lied to daily ? so which is it Hugh .

What do you think of Mrs May 1 1/2 billion bung to the DUP and what will the public think especially the Scott's and the Welsh and we are skint aren't we Austerity but wait a minuite we need to stay in power so Austerity is thrown out of the window it stinks !!!!! and will be seen for just what it is bribery of taxpayers money used by a political party for it's own Interests.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It would be acceptable, just, if the DUP joined forces with the tories because they agreed with and supported their views, but to buy their votes for a billion pounds of tax payers money does, as BC says, stink to high heaven.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Are we sure its 'given' to a political party?

Its well known stormont is riddled with debt and ofcourse money is given to prop up northern ireland anyway.

Yes were sending a lump sum over (rather than trickles) but any party siding with another will need to supply incentives,according to this report i see nothing remarkable its not like we are buying all the DUP chaps nice houses and filling them with gold.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-tory-deal-new-1bn-allocation-breakdown-where-will-the-money-go-in-northern-ireland-35866269.html

Thae houses of gold may come out in the honours list in the future

Britain ruled half the world letting the tribal leaders act normally (generally killing anyone not in their tribe) and only stepped in if it conflicted with our interests ,being best mates with those we may not agree with is common just look at the last 40 years in the EU you want corruption you got it

I would prefer to side with the devil than have the wasp chewer get a bit of power!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was not suggesting that the DUP members actually received the money, but the fact is, it was paid to secure DUP support to shore up the Tory government, and for no other reason.

However you define it, it is a bribe consisting of taxpayers money and spent purely on behalf of the Tory party.

The fact that some folk in NI may benefit from it is a happy chance. Do I think that the Tories would have paid it if no-one benefitted from it, except them of course? Absolutely.

The UK end up with the best government that money can buy.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Didnt they make costly concessions to the liberals ,its how things work in politics money is no problem its not theirs.

Thats the trouble with our system its party based until it isnt there cannot be democracy only in fighting and one upmanship and the masses who pay for it all will be the last to benefit unless its forced on them as in this case

We already bail them out dump the lot of them and let them sort it out and give independance to scotland and wales and see how they support themselves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14845296

Edited by chesters1