i couldnt help it i had to get it

Andy_1984

Rocket Rod  

21 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the rocket rod

• great for a bit of fun on the bank side with the kids
    • wouldnt use it. its not a proper rod
    • looks dangerous and might cause damage to fish (post why you think this)
    • i might look like a plonker if i use it

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've a couple of questions.

Would you need a rod license?

What would your local bailiff think of it?

I've done a bit of searchng round the net looking at reviews, clips on youtube (and no i'm not going to post links we can all google and youtube) and I don't think I'd have gotten my lad one.

it is a rod and i personally wouldnt have a problem if the "parts" were within the club rules (i.e the hook was barbless or microbarbed ) and that the user had a landing net and unhooking mat just as all members need to.theres certainly nothing in the rules stopping them :D if they catch on perhaps next year there maybe

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ah! The HamPster! The sexiest little thing ever to grace the BBC on a Sunday evening....

Janet

Not going to 'assume' Janet, please quantify. Do you mean 'Hammy the Hamster?'

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

They're now on the endangered species list...thanks to you. <_<

John.

Ok Gerbil boy. :rolleyes:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Totally true - but kids near water need 100% supervision anyway.

Nothing wrong with these in my mind, and if they get kids introduced to fishing then it's all good in my books. After they've had a play with these, they can then move up to real rods and reels etc...

Rob.

Kids do need supervision where ever they are.

I started of with a bamboo cane, a length of cotton type stuff and a size 18 hook. The hook was baited by my uncle Gerry who was my guide and teacher, in future years named the Corrupter. He still pulls my leg to this day bless him. For those who fish the River Stour and know the ferry at Wick Lane that was my early training ground. I do not know what it is like now days but there was a very shallow back water running back up into the reeds and it was teeming with minnows and other fish fry.

The point I am making is I was fascinated by it and there was no way I was going to stop, no plastic gizmo's, not even a proper rod and reel but it had me hook, line and sinker.

I will be interested to see if this gadget does the trick, I have my doubts. If it fails try the Huckleberry Finn method, if you don't get a bite then I am afraid it is a lost cause for the time being.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Kids do need supervision where ever they are.

I started of with a bamboo cane, a length of cotton type stuff and a size 18 hook. The hook was baited by my uncle Gerry who was my guide and teacher, in future years named the Corrupter. He still pulls my leg to this day bless him. For those who fish the River Stour and know the ferry at Wick Lane that was my early training ground. I do not know what it is like now days but there was a very shallow back water running back up into the reeds and it was teeming with minnows and other fish fry.

The point I am making is I was fascinated by it and there was no way I was going to stop, no plastic gizmo's, not even a proper rod and reel but it had me hook, line and sinker.

I will be interested to see if this gadget does the trick, I have my doubts. If it fails try the Huckleberry Finn method, if you don't get a bite then I am afraid it is a lost cause for the time being.

Hi Ken, This is turning into a cracking thread....:)

My first ever rod was a bamboo one out of Woolies in Thurso, cost was 7/6....no reel, just tie a length of line onto the end, hook and bait, and cast in...I was taken to Loch Calder, just south of Thurso, by my dad, my uncle, and my grandfather...and caught my first ever fish there, all of 5-6 inches long..a wee wild Brownie....I'll never forget that day, absolute bliss, especially for a 9 year old!!!:)

On another tac, I am going to invest in a pair of these, can I invite discussion about them ?..:):) Its called the Fish-N-Chum!!!

http://www.fish-n-chum.com/fish-n-chum_mainpage.htm

Also, heard about this one?? My Grandaughter Amy (6) has exactly the same rod, courtesy of Uncle Newt, and Aunty Jan..:):), She's had fish on it too, tho, a tad smaller than the one in that piece..:) But, thats probs not a proper rod too...:):)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26335667/

A mate of mine is working on developing a triangular blank fishing rod with a major manufacturer, will THAT constitute a "Proper" rod when it hits the market??? or just a waste of time, and not a rod for angling??? :):)

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Ellyfants!

Janet

Hi Janet, a mate of mine used to keep Budgies, and I supplied him with Ferret pooh ( I had 23 ferrets at the time) to spread around and under the sheds with the birds in, to keep cats and rats away.... it worked too seemingly!!

Theocritis..

Ellyfants!

Janet

Have you told Pooh??

My first ever rod was a bamboo one out of Woolies in Thurso, cost was 7/6....no reel, just tie a length of line onto the end, hook and bait, and cast in...I was taken to Loch Calder, just south of Thurso, by my dad, my uncle, and my grandfather...and caught my first ever fish there, all of 5-6 inches long..a wee wild Brownie....I'll never forget that day, absolute bliss, especially for a 9 year old!!!:)

I was a good bit younger than that still well in Pooh land :lol: Must be honest can't remember first minnow :lol: but I only have to close my eyes to see that little back water, sun playing on the ripples, minnows in big lazy shoals, other small fry in smaller shoals darting up and down the line of the reed bed, must have been a little perch waiting there for them. And joy of joys boarding the ferry crossing over and walking down to Christchurch Quay for an ice cream, I think the ferry was two old pennies. And if my luck was in we would walk up the mill stream and try our luck. That was where I caught my first sizable fish it was either a small roach, small chub or a dace, now that one I can remember because I embarrassed my uncle with all my jumping up and down, evidently I was an excitable little critter. :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I embarrassed my uncle with all my jumping up and down, evidently I was an excitable little critter. :lol:

Yep Ken, Those were the days, first fish in 1965.. I continued to go to Thurso on holiday for years after that, right till my aunt and uncle went back to the USA in 1972,( he was in the US Navy). In the later years, I went fishing for Bass, Pollock and Coalies off Forrs Rocks, what a difference from that old Woolies rod!!

Only a few years ago, I was over visiting them, and he gave me all his Fly gear...the same rod/reel, I used all that time ago!!! :thumbs: I couldnt bring the rod ( Milbro ) back, too big for overhead luggage...but the rest is here with me..:), Same fly line on the reel as well!!!:fishing:

Theocritis..