Why not Carp??

me

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this thread starts to degenerate and either gets closed or deleted, keep it friendly please :)

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

you tell `em John S ,old grumpy blokes picking on a nieve schoolboys post to harrang each other .

p.s nathen shouldn`t you be in bed ,its paper round pay day tommorow :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Den,try reading my post again and if you still dont understand it let me know and I will re write it.Incidently the things you mention are not what I am getting at.BUT the chuck out a pike rod and let it fish for itself thing is a common practice amongst a lot of Crap Yobs and Carp anglers alike.Especially when the going becomes a bit hard.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I've gotta agree with Den, he's mirrored my thoughts ecactly.

I recently hung up the buzzers (for a day) and took my rod with a bendy end for a trip on the Ouse in search of a chub. I was sat nicely without a care in the world when a Pike angler appeared to my right, took one look at me and proceeded to trot his roach through my swim. Before I could say anything his float dipped and after a brief struggle a 34lb Pike lay on his unhooking mat, and in my swim! (it's wierd being angry and pleased at the same time!)

The following weekend, whilst carping on a local fishery, I waded out using my waders to collect 3x feeders, 2x pole floats, 5x wagglers and a pike float from a small over hanging bush, which resembled as Chrismas tree (floats and line sparkling in the frost). On handing these to the farmer (fishery owner) he mumbled "*****y noddies!!"

So you see, there's a small minory of wally's, in all styles of fishing causing the problems, not just carpers as perceived in this thread.

Just another thought, I wonder how many tackle shops are kept afloat by carp angler's dosh?!

Nathan:

Many people say that fishing soon will just be Carp fishing. So what?

I have no problem with the carp, but I too would certainly miss all the other species.

quote:

But otherwise I think that would be great. What do you think?

I think I am very happy that we should all have the opportunity to go camping by the water, have a few tinnies and do some fishing.

I think All that is needed is to make sure that we dont spoil it for the rest and to respect the fun that the rest of us get from the other forms of fishing. The respect extends to like minded people having fun by looking objectively at each other. I have had carp fishermen make excellently humoured jokes about me fly fishing for rudd on their lake. I have also created a lot of mirth from pikers caused by my antics while stalking to creep up on chub.(I am 16 stone!)

I think I am sure we all dream of having unlimited time to spend fishing. Time to go and check out any water, any weather and all styles of fishing. Some of you are clearly much closer than I am. I really aim to predict where the fish are, find 'em, hook 'em, return 'em. The satisfaction is more related to the inaccessibility of the fish rather than the size.

"Muddlin' along"

Gaffer has mentioned swim bargers. I've fished Suffolk Water Park to have rigs lobbed into my swim from the far bank. There was no way the angler involved did not see me. Perhaps he didn't like pikers!

I've also had, last week, a powered troller (illegal on the Broads) work right through my swim. Blatant beyond belief!

I've also fished a local lake where lines were cast both ways along the bank and two more out in front of the angler. He then had the cheek to tell anglers approaching him that he had lines along the bank so that they couldn't fish within about 75 yards either side of him!

I've had people set up right on top of me. Presumably I was in their intended swim and that was where they were going to fish.

In the case of Gaffer & the 34 pounder, would have been nice if the bloke had asked and explained what he wanted to do.

Don't think we can blame any particular branch of our sport for this sort of behaviour

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Don't think we can blame any particular branch of our sport for this sort of behaviour [/QB]

And that, chaps, is the top, middle and bottom of this little debate-etté.

Morons, like the poor and taxes, will always be with us. All we need to do is to ensure that their conduct ISN'T representative of ours.

Let's try to distance and isolate morons, rather than seeking to incorporate them into other branches of angling. They ARE a minority - however numerous their antics make them appear -

and being motivated by selfishness, they 'belong' to no-one, represent no-one and should be defended by no-one.

Morons are self-made and worship only their creators. And they'd STILL be morons if they took up any other sport. Here endeth..... :D

Terry

[ 17. January 2004, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.