Jade Goodeys Next door neighbour

five bellies

why todays church ,the bishop of winchester owned most of the south :D

have you seen vicars bottle recycling bins no blooming "basics" plonk bottles in there! ours has 3 all full

the best thing that happened to christianity was henry v111! pity he only went half way

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you Chesters

errr,not sure how to respond :unsure:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

From the Christian today website......

The head of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales has expressed his support for terminally ill Jade Goody and defended her decision to stay in the public eye despite having only weeks to live..........She appeared in high spirits outside her home yesterday with her bridesmaids who jokingly showed their support by wearing skin coloured caps on their heads.

Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor told Sky News, “I think she needs our prayers. I think she’s a brave woman to face up to her cancer, which seems to be terminal. A lot of people might say, ‘well, it’s better if she did everything in quiet’, but I think she’s made a decision that she wants the last months of her life to teach people something.........After hearing her cancer was terminal, Goody said she wanted to earn as much money as possible for her two sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

She also said she would like to christen them and teach them about Jesus before she dies so that they know mummy is looking down on them from Heaven.

It looks as if she's a christian then. From the sound of it she also seems convinced that she's got a place in heaven.

With people of her reputation up there I'm glad I am an unbeliever.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

errr,not sure how to respond :unsure:

You know what these showbiz types are like chesters.

You just hug them and go "mwah, mwah" on both cheeks. :kissing:

Watch out for the beards though, they might act like Velcro, and you'll be stuck like that. :unsure:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Watch out for the beards though, they might act like Velcro, and you'll be stuck like that. :unsure:

Crikey, never thought of that, still I'm up for it if you are Dave

as opposed to the Hebrew section of the bible(the old testament) which the jews follow.

Actually, most of it is in anchient Greek or Aramaic.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Christianity is based around the new testament(the religion of christ that is) not the old testament(which is more a history of the jews) so quoting the the fire & brimstone of the old testament isn't really valid.

Oh and if your going to quote the new testament at least put the full quote instead of cherry picking 2 lines as it gives the complete picture i.e Matthew 19:13-15,

13. Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should

put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to

come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

15. And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence

Then why do so many Christians think that Genesis is the literal word of God?

Jesus did not say he would 'do away' with the Law. Again from Matthew.

(Verse 17) 'Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfil.

(Verse 18) For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

(Verse 19) Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

(Matthew 5:17-19 - NKJV).

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

From the Christian today website......

It looks as if she's a christian then. From the sound of it she also seems convinced that she's got a place in heaven.

With people of her reputation up there I'm glad I am an unbeliever.

Anyone who accepts Jesus as their Saviour and repents their sins before they die gets a seat in Heaven

Ezekiel 33:14-16 "Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt wurely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right; If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that which he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him; he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live."

Ezekiel 18:20-22 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him; in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live."

Ezekiel 18:30-31 "Therefore, I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Cast away from you all your transgressions, by which ye have transgressed, and make yourself a new heart and a new spirit; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Anyone who accepts Jesus as their Saviour and repents their sins before they die gets a seat in Heaven

(Wearing my very broad-brimmed hat now B) ) I can only presume that her conversion was after the outburst with her neighbour, otherwise she may have a wasted journey :uhuh:

and to thoroughly misquote Jeremiah 13.........

"Once a Tho(ma)s., always a Tho(ma)s. Can the leopard change his spots or the Ethiopian his what-not?" (Bertie Wooster in Very Good Jeeves, P. G. Wodehouse 1930).

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!