Fishing for women

As a rule of thumb, the American and Dutch army clothing has slightly better ratings than the British.....

So if you've just blown up the enemy strategic radar outpost and you're hiding in the bushes with a whole load of irate armed baddies looking for you it’s best if you’re not wearing British camo gear :) .

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect the members here now to post up various catalogue images of camouflage lingerie, etc..... LOL

What sort of people do you think we are Elton? (extremely hurt smiley face)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Most angling clothing is not only targeted towards men, but it is also generally for the more generously proportioned person

There are times when it pays to be amply proportioned!

I must admit that my outerwear is men's, and very good it is (Ron Thompson waterproof bib, brace and jacket) but before I bought it I just used lots of layers and sensible waterproof items, none of them specific to fishing. The only reason I bought it was that it was at a particularly silly price on a bring and buy stall at a fly fishing club Open Day.

I've always found it perfectly possible to be snuggly and warm without having to pay the premium prices for something specifically made for fishing...they think we are all mugs with bottomless pockets who will pay anything for something in "camo"....

Your best bet would be to visit some camping shops, which is where most of my gear came from.

And never forget that female essential....tights! (or panty hose if Newt's reading....) I've finally found a use for all those packets of American Tan that go for pennies in the charity shops! Prise yourself into a couple of pairs under your trousers and you'll be toasty warm all night!

Leggings are also a good bet as an extra layer, and incredibly cheap in High Street stores.

Layer it all and then top it off with something waterprooof and windproof...

Janet

I think this depends whether you want to wear camo in particular or just some sensible warm clothing. To put this into context and trying not to be big headed I never wear camo but I do catch a lot of fish and good ones at that but never get cold. Of course it is still important not to wear anything bright but finding warm breathable footwear for example should not be difficult. If you are fishing stationary it will be much simpler to find suitable clothing and the best way to stay warm and dry is to build up layers. Never go without a hat which is often the one item which keeps your body temperature up. If you fish on the move it is imperative to have breathable clothing as it is the perspiration that makes you cold. This means no wellies for example. At the end of the cold season a trip to an outdoor shop may well provide you with some good quality but reasonably priced clothing from makers such as Peter Storm but remember the 2 things to avoid which are bright or reflective colours or materials that scrunch when you move.

I can recommend some foot wear! :rolleyes:

http://www.womeninwaders.com/

C.

where the hell do you find this lol my mind boggles warmth is not all about clothing though it is important theres other tips to keeping warm one bieng half an hour before bed eat a hot meal your body core temp rises you feel warmer Edited by essox_lucius

There are times when it pays to be amply proportioned!

And never forget that female essential....tights! (or panty hose if Newt's reading....) I've finally found a use for all those packets of American Tan that go for pennies in the charity shops! Prise yourself into a couple of pairs under your trousers and you'll be toasty warm all night!

Leggings are also a good bet as an extra layer, and incredibly cheap in High Street stores.

Layer it all and then top it off with something waterprooof and windproof...

Janet

What happens when you get a call of nature Janet? You'd need to be like Houdini to get through that lot! :o

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Liked the style, but Norma said it would cost too much in mosquito repellent to be practical.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Thanks for the "tights" translation Janet.

We have tights but they are heavier and the sort of things a ballet dancer might wear on stage.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi and welcome to AN, right - thermals - Millets do 'Peter Storm' thermal long sleeve vests & long johns for women at very affordable prices. You can also get waterproof leggings & jackets. Unlike Janet, although the bib & brace do keep your back warmer they are a bugger when you need the loo. I tend to fish the rivers so don't have loos only behind bushes :o

Damart thermals, I have found to be much warmer although they do cost a bit more. Boots I would go for skee tex if they don't do your size or see what millets have to offer. Damart thermal gloves/fingerless gloves and socks are great as well.

A really good sleeping bag is a must, try your local army surplus or Millets and get the best you can afford. Some of the tackle dealers do them but it is worth shopping around if you have not becaome a 'tackle tart' yet! :lol:

There is nothing worse than being cold so trust me, it will be money well spent.

Good luck & tight lines

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!