It seems we need more tackle

Old geezer

Guest 1lastcast

I think this one is username number 3 or 4 (I've lost count now). The style is very familiar.

I really at am a loss as to what you are saying, are you alluding to that you think I am Rabbit? The comment you made regarding Rabbit yesterday would seem to be that is what you think.

Please be clearer or am I barking up the wrong tree!!

Guest 1lastcast

"Friends again"? So we have been in contact before?

John.

For Gawd's sake, talk about paranoid, I don't know have we?

If so what happened?

For Gawd's sake, talk about paranoid, I don't know have we?

If so what happened?

I don't know, it was you who said "friends again", so I assumed we had been friends before. A logical asumption, I think.

No paranoia, You see, I am a friendly sort of chap, and I think it's good to meet up with old friends. Don't you?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I really at am a loss as to what you are saying, are you alluding to that you think I am Rabbit? The comment you made regarding Rabbit yesterday would seem to be that is what you think.

Please be clearer or am I barking up the wrong tree!!

Member since 7 Jan 2013 yet posted this on another topic:

'It's pussy cat stuff nowadays mate, ask them about Paul Boot, Jeepster, Rabbit, and the worst of all Vagabond,, and then was the Flying Tench and his Karate chopping of Perch, Chesters1 and his dislike for everything, classic threads and punch ups that went on for weeks.'

So what was/were your previous usernames? Or have you been lurking for 10 years...?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest 1lastcast

Member since 7 Jan 2013 yet posted this on another topic:

'It's pussy cat stuff nowadays mate, ask them about Paul Boot, Jeepster, Rabbit, and the worst of all Vagabond,, and then was the Flying Tench and his Karate chopping of Perch, Chesters1 and his dislike for everything, classic threads and punch ups that went on for weeks.'

So what was/were your previous usernames? Or have you been lurking for 10 years...?

These threads are all found on a simple Google search, and very fine entertainment they are too, perhaps you could learn something rather than being so self obsessed with you and yours.

My experience was that it was mostly worth using when the fishing was already hard, but I would be surprised if using something which is naturally present in every water in the country could do any harm.

It does not do harm it just makes the fish harder to catch on other baits.

Take a section of canal, put 30 odd match anglers on it each weekend during the winter fishing bloodworm/joker + their practice sessions and you will find pleasure anglers who then fish the section will struggle to get bites on squatt, worn, bread punch etc.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

That wouldn't surprise me - if it gets a hammering from a bunch of match anglers using a really effective method, it's going to make the fishing harder for a bunch of pleasure anglers using less effective methods. Is that any different, though, from complaining that the match boys have given it a hammering with their tiny hooks and fine lines, and now I can't catch anything on my #14 to 3lb bottom?

That wouldn't surprise me - if it gets a hammering from a bunch of match anglers using a really effective method, it's going to make the fishing harder for a bunch of pleasure anglers using less effective methods. Is that any different, though, from complaining that the match boys have given it a hammering with their tiny hooks and fine lines, and now I can't catch anything on my #14 to 3lb bottom?

No, you are correct, anglers that do well in any angling disipline are the ones that make changes or adapt.

The people doing the banning are usually the ones that cant adapt.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

The amount of tackle we take on a session was brought home to me today.

Back in the day, when I was younger and fitter we used to go for a few days trout fishing up to some Highland lochans in Caithness.

We would be looking at a 2-3 mile walk carrying everything we needed to fish and camp and most of the walk would be at about 45' through knee high heather.

You very quickly found out what you really needed to carry and what was superfluous. Rod, reel, leader line, flies, tent, sleeping mat and bag. Lightweight stove and dehydrated food. Water from the burn. (of course, we ate the trout as well)

More recently my extended sessions have been for carp and that usually means that I fish venues where I can park within 50M of my swim. I then take the 6 rods (3 carp, 1 spare, spod and marker in their holdall complete with reels and spares and assorted tackle. Bivvy, sleeping bag, bed and chair. 2 burner gas stove, food, water and gas,, rod pod/banksticks and alarms, several buckets of assorted bait and of course a barrow to move it all.

I have been invited to fish a very good carp lake next week but due to all of the recent rain the owner tells me that we may not be able to get up the lane to the lake and may have to barrow / carry the gear a distance of about 700 yards. I have been sitting here seriously contemplating whether I can go. I have been trying to see what I can cut down on but to be honest I don't see what realistic saving I can make.

You know what they say, Inside every old man there is a young man screaming "What the **** happened?"

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/