It seems we need more tackle

Old geezer

I have it on good authority that if you discharge high voltages of electricity into the water it stuns the fish long enough to scoop em up. The only thing is ... you will need damn long jump leads to reach, and apart from that you will need to get up the pylon.

It will revolutionise fishing, none of those smelly baits and if you get in quick then no one else will get any!! Ha!! :doh:

Some of em might even be ready to eat!!

"Muddlin' along"

I have it on good authority that if you discharge high voltages of electricity into the water it stuns the fish long enough to scoop em up. The only thing is ... you will need damn long jump leads to reach, and apart from that you will need to get up the pylon.

It will revolutionise fishing, none of those smelly baits and if you get in quick then no one else will get any!! Ha!! :doh:

Some of em might even be ready to eat!!

An easy more portable method would be a bit of Blast fishing with stick or two of dynamite.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

garylee, wunnus,

A couple tips from an experienced angler. Wunnus, the magneto from a vintage automobile and a bit of wire reaches clear to the bottom of any venue. Just crank away!! Garylee, NO, No, no young man. Use caps or quarter sticks, a full stick damages far to much meat.

Phone

I enjoyed that video clip. Watching an expert craftsman at his craft is always something I enjoy. I suspect the vast majority of US anglers would have blanked at that place and that time. I know I would since any fish I can't catch on a #8 hook won't be caught by me.

Phone, being from the wild & woolly mid-West rather than the effete East where I live, probably won't use smaller than a #6 or even a #4.

Note to all: The absolute best way of dealing with a troll is to ignore it. They feed on conflict and starve if they don't get any.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest 1lastcast

I enjoyed that video clip. Watching an expert craftsman at his craft is always something I enjoy. I suspect the vast majority of US anglers would have blanked at that place and that time. I know I would since any fish I can't catch on a #8 hook won't be caught by me.

Phone, being from the wild & woolly mid-West rather than the effete East where I live, probably won't use smaller than a #6 or even a #4.

Note to all: The absolute best way of dealing with a troll is to ignore it. They feed on conflict and starve if they don't get any.

That was my point about the skill set of this type of fishing, and in very challenging conditions.

The indication that you might think I am Trolling is sad really, however for some reason that seems to be the accusations by a Anderloo and John, however only seems to prove that some on here are of a type that are not very robust in having a Forum where other views are expressed beyond their own But to actually encourage to ignore me when I merely expressed my views on purely a fishing matter as you did is rather odd, especially on a Angling Forum.

I realise that the posting up of this link was a light hearted attempt to poke fun at the fact the angler using a lot of kit, including a whisk, but beyond that it was a real eye opener, however Phone thought it was side splitting funny, fair enough others found it informative, as you did.hardly Trolling I think on my part.

To suggest I am merely trolling,l I find deeply offensive.

Edited by 1lastcast

Yes the old carping seems to involve carrying a lot of gear. I once saw an ex matchman who had turned his hand to carping struggling back to his car after a weekend session and commented "blimey mate you have some gear there" his reply "I.ve got two more barrow loads yet". He had everything from huge cookers to a bedchair , a chair ,a guest chair a sleeping bag and another sleeping bag just in case and a huge baitboat with numerous buckets to fill it up with. It was laughable I have to say.

As a recent convert he had gone out and bought new everything.

Me, I use a brolly and a real good sleeping bag, 2 rods, no marker or spod rod and I carry my gear everywhere (almost). I dont miss a third rod and the marker comes out when I feel the need for it. Other carpers look at me like I,m nuts and say wheres the rest of my gear, but what do you really need other than a baited hook or two and some watercraft, something thats missing these days. Most anglers seem to focus on the technical side of angling rather than letting the fish say what to do. I always say the carp don,t know what make of rod you're using or what type of camo you,re wearing but clearly they know exactly what make of bivvy mallet is being clumped into the ground, now that sets me off on another path.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

Nice heart warming article I now remember from a few years ago of an old fella turning up at a commercial carp fishery competition with a lidl/aldi rod and reel, carrier bag with a few bits n bobs and a bungee from his chair to the reel to stop it getting pulled in. he won the match :D

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I remember a similar story from when I used to play golf. Old boy turns up with just a 1 iron and a putter. Smacks the ball 350 yards with the one iron and putts in from the fringe.

technically possible but extremely b****y unlikely.

The only way that your old boy won the match is if no-one else turned up.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/