Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Taken today before last nights snow melts, 2nd image with a 300mm lense (450mm digital) Bradfield Church with the morning sun on it.

nice 1 Cameraman some wicked pics m8! i specially like the 1st one, all dem fields! all that snow! :D been following it on the weather reports here in MRU..

well from one extreme to another, here's one i took t'other day strolling along beach.

photo of 'Round Island' one of the many off-shore islands near Mauritius. :sun:

97527285.jpg

Make = PENTAX Corporation

Model = PENTAX Optio S

Exposure Time = 1/1000"

F Number = F4.3

Exposure Program = Landscape mode

Edited by Steve Randles

I can't believe the quality of some of the pics coming up on this thread......most of em are jaw dropping and all i can say is well done and keep em coming :thumbs:

Went out and about myself today and thought id take a few snaps in black n white....some turned out ok and others not but this is what i think was my best pic of today.....hope you like it! :)

200603044thmarch00136ac.jpg

Make = FUJIFILM

Model = FinePix S5600

Exposure Time = 1/550"

F Number = F7.1

Exposure Program = Normal program

Ollie.

Edited by Steve Randles
You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Practising for the comp :)

DSCN0284.jpg

Make = NIKON

Model = E8800

Exposure Time = 1/186"

F Number = F6.6

Exposure Program = Normal program

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Den

Edited by Steve Randles

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Blue marlin - It looks a rubbish place to live mate, all that blue sky & crystal clear sea, I bet you get bored with it after a couple of weeks. Plus how come there's not a shopping trolley & a burnt out car dumped in that bay? It looks just too perfect to me, so I'll be sticking with Blackpool. :sun:

Ollie, love the B&W shot, I've not really done any experimenting with B&W, after seeing that I'm deffo going to give it a try. Nice one! :clap3:

Peter, re

Oops sorry Gillie, I'm far better at identifying fish than dogs!

How are you with Dogfish? :g:

Poledark - belting Collared dove shot, wish I'd taken that! He's well puffed up, d'ya reckon he's a bit chilly?

As for my photo of the day, it's not a bird shot - Hurrah!

56783766.rat_0403b.jpg

Image Description = KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Make = KONICA MINOLTA

Model = DYNAX 5D

Exposure Time = 1/800"

F Number = F7.1

Exposure Program = Aperture priority

ISO Speed Ratings = 200

Edited by Steve Randles

Nice shot Rabs, I find I quite like rats (in the right place :) ). They can look quite cute when they sit up on their hind legs and eat a bit of bread.

Yes, I do feed them!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

OK My first attempt at a photo of the day, finally got to go out with my new toy!

Visted my Mum today, and saw a blackbird taking a bath in her fountain. (I know spottinga blackbird isn't that exciting but I was practising)

100_0170.jpg

Make = EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY

Model = KODAK Z740 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA

Exposure Time = 1/90"

F Number = F3.7

Exposure Program = Portrait mode

ISO Speed Ratings = 80

it then hopped out onto a nearby plantpot and started preening, so I tried to zoom in a bit closer, not so happy with the results here, I would really appreciate any tips on settings when using high zoom!

100_0171.jpg

Make = EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY

Model = KODAK Z740 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA

Exposure Time = 1/60"

F Number = F3.7

Exposure Program = Portrait mode

ISO Speed Ratings = 80

Mat

Edited by Steve Randles

Mat

wow den that dove pic is fantastic! u might wanna think of entering that for the comp m8..

& ollie that black & white shot is great too! i like B&W, can be well moody.

& rabster thats rat is awesome, talk about being in the right place right time! they're difficult to photograph in the wild..

i'm same as den when it comes to rats, think they're well kool, in the right situation of course but even if not they've never freaked me out, it's just the germs thing.. hoorah for the rat!... great shot.

oops had to edit, forgot to say well done to matt on his first 'photo of the day'! good to see your having fun with ya new toy, what camera u got then matey?

Edited by Blue Marlin

Matt, just a quick tip, if you are zooming right out then try to use a faster shutter setting, or a tripod, or rest the camera on something, or set the ISO setting higher, or (and maybe the most useful in the long term), learn to hold the shutter part way down, which focusses for you, and hold this position until you get the bird in the position you want.

Practise a LOT, take series of pics at different settings and check on the PC.

Told you it was only a quick tip :)

Den

Matt, just a quick tip, if you are zooming right out then try to use a faster shutter setting, or a tripod, or rest the camera on something, or set the ISO setting higher, or (and maybe the most useful in the long term), learn to hold the shutter part way down, which focusses for you, and hold this position until you get the bird in the position you want.

Practise a LOT, take series of pics at different settings and check on the PC.

Told you it was only a quick tip :)

Den

Yes but all valid info Den, nice one mate.:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet