Child poverty +

Dave H

So if the government takes a pound off you it's stealing from the poor and when an outfit like 38 degrees takes 3 pounds off you it's chipping in.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

i got quite enthused about them when i first saw them but they seem to be oblivious if you run many similar campaigns at the same time (same as the .GOV site perhaps its intentional?) you split the vote and lesson the impact of the votes

IE if you have a campaign about dogs dying of heat in cars called

dogs in cars

dogs in hot cars

dogs left in hot cars

dead dogs in cars

and words to that effect the vote is split they would all possibly get votes but if only one campaign was used say "dogs left in hot cars die" and it was made clear to a proposer a campaign about the same issue would not be allowed then it would work ,its the divide and conquer reversed ,divide and achieve little

"So if the government takes a pound off you it's stealing from the poor and when an outfit like 38 degrees takes 3 pounds off you it's chipping in."

the difference is the government TAKE from you involuntarily ,you GIVE to someone else voluntarily ,except to charities etc where the gov give whether you agree or not so in fact are taking from you and giving it to someone you would rather not have it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Brainwash you :doh:

You are very easily brainwashed and i am certain they do not think the public is that thick as it is in the main to cut the admin costs down which therefor can free up more money for the charity

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

No I'm not easily brain washed hence why I don't give to these charities, but there is a reason why these sums are repeated dozens of times during their adverts and its sod all to do with reducing admin costs.

And no they don't think the public is that thick, they know the majority of them are.

Edited by snakey1

I got a shock when i saw this Mr Osborn thinks he can do anything now the people are now rebelling small numbers can grow very quickly remember the poll tax marches .

http://nyenquirer.uk/scarborough-5-july-2015-scarborough-says-oxi-to-austerity/

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Not very democratic that march when 200,0000 people can change things for 65 million ,perhaps the hunting march should have got violent ?

But as i always say if you could hang the mps things would be better.

Are things better not having the poll tax though ,a band D tiny house like ours £1700 quid to get your dustbin emptied and the grass verge cut seems to me a trifle expensive and the big houses stop at band h and today theres plenty of those

The disabled stormed parliament ,what planet is the reporter on it hardly got the news at all and the po,ice treated them exactly the same way as they would with others trying to burst in

"pushing wheelchairs about" thats what they are for LOL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/disabled-protesters-try-storm-commons-5940466

Now what would labour do? Ah yes spend all the money ,what will they do when they get back in ? The same answer ,why are we having these austerity measures ...because ...labour .........spent (seeing it yet)......all....the ......money

A handful of the disabled in my case is not a true representation of the masses however much they think they are badly treated ,35 million would be a true representation of over 50% showing they dont like something and democracy stepping in !in the case of the poll tax riots a fraction of the population changed things for the rest not democratic at all

Ow if i paid the poll tax and it were the same all over the country i would be quids in ,how much is a band D council tax in your neck of the woods and how is it calculated ? When i say our house is small the floorplan would fit in the living room of our old house ,our trailer tent is is close to being as big ,with an awning extention it would be bigger my mother in law lived in a mobile home twice as big and it was band A

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters how the hell can poll tax be fair when a man living in shed pays the same as man living in a mansion isnt it something like the ability to pay its a tax so if you earn more you pay more a 10 bedroon mansion paying the same as a 2 bedroom semi or a flat the poll tax was tottally unfair and thats why it was scrapped you will get an odd exception but on the whole it was wrong.

If you are living in a very nice area you pay i do but i dont mind paying but i wouldnt expect somebody living in shithole paying the same as myself.

And how much would the poll tax be since it was scrapped with inflation you pay £1700 probably it would be more if 2 people were paying the poll tax combined sounds like your on a winner.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I thought it was to do with paying for the services you used i.e 10 adults living in a house will use more council supplied services than 1 person living in the same house no matter what size the house.

• Like 1

Chesters how the hell can poll tax be fair when a man living in shed pays the same as man living in a mansion isnt it something like the ability to pay its a tax so if you earn more you pay more a 10 bedroon mansion paying the same as a 2 bedroom semi or a flat the poll tax was tottally unfair and thats why it was scrapped you will get an odd exception but on the whole it was wrong.

If you are living in a very nice area you pay i do but i dont mind paying but i wouldnt expect somebody living in shithole paying the same as myself.

And how much would the poll tax be since it was scrapped with inflation you pay £1700 probably it would be more if 2 people were paying the poll tax combined sounds like your on a winner.

paul.

We dont know what the poll charge would be if it were about today so all i can say is at the time to some it was unfair ,but my council tax at band D has far few services here than say a band D in a town ,not all people that live in the country are toffs and not all people in big houses have money ,in some cases i am sure the poll tax would have been far better .

Council tax is based on the locality mine for a tiny house is more than our friends in the next village that has 3 bedrooms with poll tax based on numbers in this case it would be fairer ,agreed if you have 5 adults it would be more but then i have no doubt reductions would have been made for unemployment as it is now so if your working you should pay as individuals not a nice address

Now as we dont know how the initial pole tax would have risen we cant presume it would be more than council tax which rises most years as inflation does ,if your house was revalued now the poll tax could be far cheaper than the recalibrated council tax based on the present value of your house

As for the shithole remark ,that shithole may have 4 buses an hour a few supermarkets in walking distance ,the bank round the corner ,street cleaning ,lamp posts ,libraries swimming baths just a stroll away ,i dont why should i pay more for less ?

Lifes never going to be equal in the poll tax or council tax or anything else ,life has winners and losers its how it is

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1