killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

I've heard Poll's enjoy swimming down fast flowing rivers behind Asians :clap2:

thats because they use the embers to cook their fish :D

just joking incase any newly cremated asians are reading!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too old boy. Reasoning on this subject won't get you anywhere, people's opinions are too deep-seated. The only comments I'll add are that in the past I have caught and killed coarse fish accidentally by putting them in a keepnet and by deep hooking them; plus I've killed pike, zander and eels on purpose to eat or give to others to eat, killed some for use as deadbaits and used some as livebait (which despite what some may suggest, will kill them). None of this is illegal (some regrettable). I won't promise not to kill coarse fish to eat in the future nor will I promise not to kill and keep a stock of roach/bream/etc in the freezer for deadbait.

If this thread is REALLY about the deaths of coarse fish as it's claimed and not anything more sinister, I expect (1) a good bo**ocking from those opposed to such practices and (2) threats of what you'll do to me if you see me take a fish to eat.

I'm British by the way - but that apparently doesn't make any difference.

Tight lines all :)

I think I'll rest my case and retire from this nonsense. This is clearly nothing to do with the legal taking of fish and should be locked, or at the least moved to the non-fishing forum where this kind of semi-coherent babbling is usually found. I don't know if some of the recent comments were supposed to be 'clever', 'ironic' or 'funny' but to be honest they're some of the most offensive things I've ever read in a public forum.

Is this the sort of 'Britishness' we're supposed to be trying to protect from the creeping influence of cultured and educated Euopeans? Sheesh...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

This is clearly nothing to do with the legal taking of fish and should be locked, or at the least moved to the non-fishing forum where this kind of semi-coherent babbling is usually found.

I`ve read the last few pages absolutely gob smacked by the comments.

The original post was about concern for the taking of coarse fish for the pot by people. Rather than this being addressed this thread had degenerated into a slanging match where once again `racist` and `xenpohobic` become the key words.

Its no wonder that as anglers we`re seen as a joke, that the general public see nothing but sad blokes sitting by the side of a canal dangling worms. With threads going like this one is it any surprise?

Stuff someones race, creed, colour or religion. Stuff whether or not its actually legal to take fish for the pot. As fishermen we should at least have some concern for the welfare of fish stocks in our country (whether that be England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales).

A few years back it was perfectly acceptable to take a pike home to eat. Not so much these days. Why? Has the law changed? No, its just become generally accepted that its better to return them. If someone does want to take one for the pot then they`re advised to take a smaller fish rather than a big breeder female. Thinks seem to have levelled out quite nicely. For once angling set its own guidelines.

But we`re not talking just pike here, we`re talking all fish stocks.

Now I don`t give a damn whether or not someone has actually seen this happen or not. Its a fact its happening and something needs to be done to dissuade these people from potentially wrecking the future of some fisheries.

So, what do we, one one of the biggest fishing forums do about it? Get into the same old mud slinging accusations and arguments about immigration.

Rather than be one united voice that pulls together to try and educate the powers that be that something needs to be done we just sit here as keyboard warriors and argue implied comments until the thread is in danger of being locked.

Turning a blind eye isn`t going to make it go away. Avoiding the issue isn`t going to make it disappear. Without the EA or whoever is responsible for looking after fisheries actually doing something about it then fish will keep on being taken. But they`re not going to act unless they`re pressured into doing something. The way to pressure them is to get a campaign going to let them know that we, the licence paying anglers, want our future sport protected.

Bring it to the public eye and it can only be good p.r for angling. Rather than a load of boring `blood sport` fanatics we may actually change peoples perception and make them realise that we`re actually quite avid conservationists. We`ve been called the protectors of the waterways, the eyes that spot pollution before others, but its only us that know that at the moment.

Instead of pulling apart why the hell can`t folks just see the cause for the greater good and start working together?

If we don`t then when fisheries are in decline we`ll only have ourselves to blame.

Edited by Severn Wolf
wolf.gif

hi with cheep slave labour hitting this country i see our carp/tench /bream/ pike . are under attack from polish people what can we do about this, they are eating everything, was even talking to one of them [in very good english] he said in warsaw all the fish have gone and the same will happen in the uk. :wallbash::blink::schmoll:

Well, according to

http://www.warsawvoice.pl/archiwum.phtml/11169/

"The left bank of the Vistula River between Śląsko-Dąbrowski and Gdański bridges is said to be the best fishing place in Warsaw, where you can catch almost any type of fish living in the Vistula. For float fishing, these include bream, roach, barbel, and chub, while for spinning there are perch and even medium-sized pike perch."

But that report was 6 years ago. Maybe all the fish died when the Polish anglers came to the UK and stopped feeding them?

Dunno.

And then:

" Only people with Fishing Cards, a paid license, are allowed to fish in waters regulated by the Polish Anglers Association (PZW). Foreigners on temporary stay in Poland are exempt from this rule, as are children under 14. Normally, to obtain a license, you have to pass an exam at the PZW and pay an annual fee of zl.45 (zl.22.50 reduced). PZW regulations are available in English at www.wedkarstwo.sitech.pl. If you don't want to take an exam and obtain a license to fish on state waters, then you can go to a commercial fishing lake."

Damn savages, making anglers take an exam!!!

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I am not trying to put words in anyones mouth, but those who are against ANYONE taking ANY fish to EAT, even where this is TOTALLY legal are saying that today it is not Politically Correct to take fish for the pot nowadays.

I will tell you one thing, if you think that catching a fish just for the fun of catching it and then letting it go again is perfectly acceptable, then let me tell you that there are a lot of 'antis' out there who would disagree with you, big style and they are not all fully paid up members of PETA.

My own Grandfather, a shepherd, was a big fan of field sports: hunting, fishing, trapping, snaring for THE POT. Shooting vermin like foxes, crows, peregrine falcons, buzzards and any other bird that had a hooked beak and so might take a pheasant or a grouse was also fine by him, I knows he would have had no truck with PETA or their ilk. The same gentleman was TOTALLY against course fishing. The very notion of disturbing any wildlife 'just to have a look' or 'for fun' was beyond the Pale and he would have banned it at the drop of a hat.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Quote from page 1.....................

I`d rather see it totally eradicated but if theres control that can be enforced then so be it. I can live with that.

I`m not a big user of smilies but this just about sums up the way I`m feeling

:wallbash:

wolf.gif

I think that anyone caught fishing without a license should be charged and if found guilty penalised, regardless of colour, creed, ethnicity or inside leg measurement.

I think that anyone who steals fish, or anything else should be charged and if found guilty, penalised etc. etc.

I think that anyone who take fish for the pot WHERE IT IS LEGAL TO DO SO should be left to go about his perfectly legal business, regardless of race, creed etc. etc.

What this has to do with not learning the language, sending money home or Asians and Polls swimming down fast flowing rivers I am not too sure.

One thing I like about rascists is that whenever you are trying to show them up for the ignorant, semi-literate halfwits you know them to be, they always seem so eager to help :clap2:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Rather than be one united voice that pulls together to try and educate the powers that be that something needs to be done we just sit here as keyboard warriors and argue implied comments until the thread is in danger of being locked.

It's hard to show a united front when we don't all agree. Sportsman said

I think that anyone caught fishing without a license should be charged and if found guilty penalised, regardless of colour, creed, ethnicity or inside leg measurement.

I think that anyone who steals fish, or anything else should be charged and if found guilty, penalised etc. etc.

Do we all agree on that? I do.

He also said:

I think that anyone who take fish for the pot WHERE IT IS LEGAL TO DO SO should be left to go about his perfectly legal business, regardless of race, creed etc. etc.

Is this what we're arguing about? Because I agree with this too, and I'm not going to pretend that I don't for the sake of some spurious unity, particularly if the consequence is lobbying for a change in the law.

As I said earlier I own a staff agency that brings in EE'S to work in the UK, I have been doing so for over 2 years.

So let me ask a question the new member states have been part of the EU for 2 years and there have been many poles , Latvians (not formally Poland as some one said earlier), Lithuanians, Estonians, Checks and Slovaks working in the UK.

Were are these waters that have been destroyed in the last two years?

Personally I have not seen any stretch of river ,lakes , ponds, commercial water or any kind of water were the fishing has declined due to Eastern Europeans taking fish out. I live very close to the vale of Evesham were there are thousands of Migrant workers working on Farms.

The River Avon runs through this landscape and I can tell you it’s never been healthier.

Is there some proof out there that our fishing is being decimated by Eastern Europeans?

I would really like to see some hard facts.

Please a lot of people seem to talk about devastated waters, were are they!!!?

For the record the only fish I have seen removed in the last 2 years have been a pike from the river Arrow at wixford by an old man (English from Birmingham) who said when questioned that he was going to have it fried with bacon for his breakfast the next day. And a Local fish and game merchant who I saw taking Zander from the Avon at Stratford, no doubt to finish up on his fish display.

I have lost count of the number of times English Anglers that have watched me catch a Zander and ask me if I am going to knock it on the head as they are good eating !

I can only say what I see!!!

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

As I said earlier I own a staff agency that brings in EE'S to work in the UK, I have been doing so for over 2 years.

So let me ask a question the new member states have been part of the EU for 2 years and there have been many poles , Latvians (not formally Poland as some one said earlier), Lithuanians, Estonians, Checks and Slovaks working in the UK.

Were are these waters that have been destroyed in the last two years?

Personally I have not seen any stretch of river ,lakes , ponds, commercial water or any kind of water were the fishing has declined due to Eastern Europeans taking fish out. I live very close to the vale of Evesham were there are thousands of Migrant workers working on Farms.

The River Avon runs through this landscape and I can tell you it’s never been healthier.

Is there some proof out there that our fishing is being decimated by Eastern Europeans?

I would really like to see some hard facts.

Please a lot of people seem to talk about devastated waters, were are they!!!?

For the record the only fish I have seen removed in the last 2 years have been a pike from the river Arrow at wixford by an old man (English from Birmingham) who said when questioned that he was going to have it fried with bacon for his breakfast the next day. And a Local fish and game merchant who I saw taking Zander from the Avon at Stratford, no doubt to finish up on his fish display.

I have lost count of the number of times English Anglers that have watched me catch a Zander and ask me if I am going to knock it on the head as they are good eating !

I can only say what I see!!!

the true reality is that there is no real way to stop this but then there is no need because in time those that are curretly taking fish will assimilate into our way of thinking, as they not only become more anglophied, but financially better off.

you just cannot stop something like this over night, and anyone that thinks you ca is a fool. time is the only ally that we have in this, and as those that come here to work will educate those that come behind and so on.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk