Who Ruined Britain

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not mince his words thats for sure.

News Item

Ken what did he have to say I saw Daily Mail and backed off :lol:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Ken what did he have to say I saw Daily Mail and backed off :lol:

You should have been brave and read on

Twenty Examples

1. Jeffrey Archer: "His crassness, his boastfulness, his social mountaineering, his pushiness, his sheer screamingly obvious dodginess, were traffic signs to his character and should have prevented him getting as far as he did."

2. Howard Schultz: The man who put world domination on the agenda for coffee chain Starbucks.

3. Tim Westwood: "Middle-aged Westwood is a Radio 1 disc jockey who has so immersed himself in the music of black rappers and American-style hip-hoppers that he has started to talk like one - and is leading thousands of young listeners down the same ill-guided alley."

4. Tony Blair: "There is a good, rough word to describe Tony Blair but we had better not write it out here in full."

5. Paul Burrell: "After Burrell, we expect less of close confidants. And we are less surprised by his sort of treachery."

6. John Prescott: "Prescott, a revolting specimen with the manners of a flatulent caveman, demeaned our public life."

7. Sir Jimmy Saville: "There are other examples - Tony Blackburn, Sir Paul McCartney, Keith Chegwin, Chris Evans - of egomaniac idiots whose refusal to submit to age infects our society with immaturity."

8. Richard Dawkins: "Anti-religionist Dawkins, the best-known English dissenter since Darwin, is the merciless demander of provable fact."

9. Janet Street-Porter: "This ageing non-revolutionary helped to mould a London media elite who are now hooked on youth."

10. Sir Alex Ferguson: "A man who has helped to drive the fun out of football and who often seems to forget that the contest between two teams of 11 lads is merely a game, not a struggle between right and wrong."

11. Richard Brunstrom: "The traffic-crazed Chief Constable of North Wales Police has pursued motorists to the point of frenzy."

12. Margaret Thatcher: "It was in the pursuit of the trade unions - specifically, Arthur Scargill's National Union of Mineworkers - that Mrs Thatcher did lasting damage to our country."

13. Princess Diana: "The sorry truth is that this adored concept, this packaged, airbrushed Diana, weakened our society. She made us more neurotic."

14. Charles Saatchi: "Does Saatchi never stop to consider what it does to the nurse or the soldier on a basic wage to see such fecklessness as Tracey Emin's 'Everyone I Have Ever Slept With' hailed as a masterpiece?"

15. John McEnroe: "McEnroe helped spread bad sportmanship to a generation of youngsters."

16. Stephen Marks: The man behind **** is blamed for "contributing to the coarseness of language in public."

17. Frank Blackmore: The man who introduced the mini-roundabout to Britain's roads. Enough said.

18. Alan Titchmarsh: "Alan is 'doing his bit for the environment' by joining something called the 'Saving Planet Earth' project. But after so much Alan Titchmarsh, will it want to be saved? Or will it plead for euthanasia?"

19. Richard Beeching: Behind the closure of a long list of railway stations. "To this day, there are traffic jams and bottlenecks which can be traced to Beeching."

20. Edward Heath: Heath was blamed for creating a climate of political terror about immigration.

Who would you put at the top of your list?

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It sort of assumes that Britain is in fact ruined :)

Quite. That said, for the most part, they're a pretty ghastly bunch. Richard Dawkins though? "Anti-religionist Dawkins, the best-known English dissenter since Darwin, is the merciless demander of provable fact." A demander of provable facts, eh? Just how is that a bad thing?

And the argument against Charles Saatchi is just plain stupid.

Quite. That said, for the most part, they're a pretty ghastly bunch. Richard Dawkins though? "Anti-religionist Dawkins, the best-known English dissenter since Darwin, is the merciless demander of provable fact." A demander of provable facts, eh? Just how is that a bad thing?

And the argument against Charles Saatchi is just plain stupid.

Exactly, Dawkins is one of my heroes, thanks to him I no longer 'believe' in a lot of the crap that I used to. I try not to 'believe in' things at all these days. There are things that I accept as factual and things that I reject for being false.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I reckon Si has this thread open in a special little window labled "Watch carefully" and is waiting to pounce when the ranting starts.

He's been showing as a reading member for a good 10 minutes.......

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Although I agree with some of the candidates, who can really take seriously a man who makes his living by criticizing others?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Although I agree with some of the candidates, who can really take seriously a man who makes his living by criticizing others?

John.

Now that is what I was thinking, and whilst a group of aging self righteous DJs might prove to be a pain in the nether regions I cannot see them making any serious impact on our society.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist