E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

So when we exit wages will rocket ? what a complete pile of crap so companies use labour agencys for cheap labour and thats exactly what they will do after brexit isnt it the govements fault the Tory government to be exact who created these practises cheap labour was designed by the Tory govement who was it that created zero hours contract !!l the EU oh sorry no it was this Tory govement And as god made little apples it will continue after brexit greedy employers who pay the flat minimum wage for such things as unsociable hours etc it is them you need to look at instead of blaming foreign labour the local boat yard have employed more unskilled local labour because they have increased there skilled foreign labour force without those people the unskilled local labour would still be on the dole businesses expand with foreign labour like it or not and to top it its good for the British economy which by the crap on here will sending it diving like a lead ballon with brexit .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Not just farm workers snakey, our ferry firm employs an awful lot of crew who, for logistical reasons have to sleep in accommodation provided.

So don't your ferry crews count as Merchant Seamen?, because I still have buddies that work on the Aberdeen-Lerwick ferries and they don't get minimum wages minus bed and board.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So when we exit wages will rocket what a complete pile of crap so companies use labour agency for cheap labour and thats us exactly what they will do after brexit isnt it the govement fault the Tory government to be a act who created these practises cheap labour was designed by the Tory govement who was it that created zero hours contract l the EU oh sorry it was this Tory govement And as god made little apples it will continue after brexit greedy employers who pay the flat minimum wage for such things as unsociable hours etc it is them you need to look instead of blaming foreign labour the local boat yard have employed more unskilled local labour because they have increased skilled foreign labour without those people the unskilled local labour would still be on the dole businesses expand with foreign labour like it or not and to top it its good for the British economy which by the crap on here will sending it diving like a lead ballon with brexit .

Heres a couple of clues for you, as correctly referred to by snakey, The Swedish Derogation.

Heres another clue discussed some months ago on this topic, The Posted Workers Directive 96/71/EC is an EU directive concerned with the free movement of workers within the European Union. It makes an exception to the Convention on the Law Applicable to Contractual Obligations 1980, which ordinarily requires that workers are protected by the law of the member state in which they work.

After a controversial set of decisions by the European Court of Justice, the Directive has come under criticism for reducing rights of posted workers and undermining the rights of workers in a home nation.

Hope you found that helpful.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge,

Much like Barry used to be, you are a never ending sucker. While you do "teach" some of us don't you find it belittling to answer most of Big Cod's posts?

I have a nasty habit of reading posts from beginning to end. There is no end to Big Cod's rambling.

Phone

So don't your ferry crews count as Merchant Seamen?, because I still have buddies that work on the Aberdeen-Lerwick ferries and they don't get minimum wages minus bed and board.

No idea Cory, I only know of the moans from Island resident staff who used to be able to use the Southampton accommodation when the shift pattern left them on the North Island, as it is called here.

But, in consideration of this I would state that I am still waiting for one of the Captains to tell me why the ships no longer black out at dusk, and would add that since the Isle of Wight is NOT an Island according to the EU, the opening lines from ‘Stingray’, “Anything can happen in the next half hour” are the closest thing to reality anybody can predict at the moment.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge,

Much like Barry used to be, you are a never ending sucker. While you do "teach" some of us don't you find it belittling to answer most of Big Cod's posts?

I have a nasty habit of reading posts from beginning to end. There is no end to Big Cod's rambling.

Phone

Its like walking down to the river and chucking in my bait, sometimes you know there is just no point, sometimes you are hopeful, sometimes you feel lucky and sometimes you wait for a miracle of biblical proportions.

Edit, And sometimes I just want to reply, 'FFS man, use some punctuation.'

Edited by Huge_Vitae
  • Like 1

So when we exit wages will rocket ? what a complete pile of crap so companies use labour agency for cheap labour and thats us exactly what they will do after brexit isnt it the govement fault the Tory government to be a act who created these practises cheap labour was designed by the Tory govement who was it that created zero hours contract l the EU oh sorry it was this Tory govement And as god made little apples it will continue after brexit greedy employers who pay the flat minimum wage for such things as unsociable hours etc it is them you need to look instead of blaming foreign labour the local boat yard have employed more unskilled local labour because they have increased skilled foreign labour without those people the unskilled local labour would still be on the dole businesses expand with foreign labour like it or not and to top it its good for the British economy which by the crap on here will sending it diving like a lead ballon with brexit .

It was the tories that thought up the zero hours contract but it was labour that not only used it but didnt repeal the laws in the 18? Years they had in power .

All governments blame the opposite party for introducing laws but most agree with them as the following governments have the option to get rid of them when they are in power !

Its strange some blame governments for not acting on some laws but slavery is alive and well despite being outlawed long ago ,zero hours contracts are not a bad thing just a misused thing

Now its school holidays zero hours contracts are a great thing! Its obvious you dont fully understand them

Supply and demand control prices and wages ,remove a few million from the labour market and the wages will rise or companies will go bust or on the other hand they may go bust paying higher wages ,its pretty basic economics really

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It was the tories that thought up the zero hours contract but it was labour that not only used it but didnt repeal the laws in the 18? Years they had in power.

Yes, correct, but, the legislation was intended to put a stop to the practice where an employer would take an employee ‘off the clock’ during a shift when their input of labour was not required, but require them to remain on site and be available for work should the employer require them. As with a lot of legislation written by lawyers it went wrong when other lawyers found a loop hole to make sure people could still be shat on by firms that Clod hates on one breath and then supports with great gusto with the next, providing of course that he can blame the Tory party (I hate that word in its present usage) not that he supports or voted labour, that is a rebuttable presumption.

Am I ok replying to chesters1 Phone? Just asking. :-)

Theres far more lawyers trying to find loopholes than ones working for the government trying to close them.

Unfortunately without "advisers" those in government couldnt function and in the main those "advisors" are hand in hand with commerce manipulating what government does

Strangely the country still functions now our parliament are on their extended holidays (if only we had so much) its as if their not needed at all?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Theres far more lawyers trying to find loopholes than ones working for the government trying to close them.

Unfortunately without "advisers" those in government couldnt function and in the main those "advisors" are hand in hand with commerce manipulating what government does

Strangely the country still functions now our parliament are on their extended holidays (if only we had so much) its as if their not needed at all

Or, the saddest realisation on my part when hearing the term “hung parliament” and understanding that it actually didn’t mean what I thought it did.