E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

That's something else I don't "belive iin". Not every story has two sides.

I have heard many Brexiteers in real life and in fora like this say that Brexit is not about money or the properity of the country.

I didn't mention 'two sides', only adding a bit of balance.

I didn't mention it not being about money, or I assume that's prosperity. I did say that it's not all about those things, there are many things that caused the vote to go as it did.

I have heard many Remainers in real life, and online, (even on here), say we should stick with the 'Status Quo'. I've yet to see any evidence of a 'Status Quo' being present between our joining, and the present time. The whole idea has 'evolved' over the years, until it is hardly recognisable as the original project. There is no reason to believe that this 'evolution' won't continue. As time has proven, not all 'evolution' has been successful.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

""""""""Is the u k better in or out.

Looking forward to arguments for and against being ruled by Brussels. Good or bad and why please.

Will Cameron do enough to beat off the brexit campaign?"""""""

I wonder if the lad has any idea how compliant AN has been to such a simple beginning.

Phone

All,

Looking forward to arguments for and against being ruled by Brussels. Good or bad and why please.

I wonder if the lad has any idea how compliant AN has been to such a simple beginning.

Phone

Come on Phone, over 100 posts in 24 hours, and still counting! It's been a while since we've seen that.

While I've been less mobile over the last few weeks, I've had plenty of spare time on my hands. I got bored one day, and worked out that if this thread was a member, then on the number of posts made, it would be about 17th on the all time list! I bet you're glad I worked that out for you, aren't you?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I didn't mention 'two sides', only adding a bit of balance.

I didn't mention it not being about money, or I assume that's prosperity. I did say that it's not all about those things, there are many things that caused the vote to go as it did.

I have heard many Remainers in real life, and online, (even on here), say we should stick with the 'Status Quo'. I've yet to see any evidence of a 'Status Quo' being present between our joining, and the present time. The whole idea has 'evolved' over the years, until it is hardly recognisable as the original project. There is no reason to believe that this 'evolution' won't continue. As time has proven, not all 'evolution' has been successful.

John.

I'd love to here about examples of evolution that were not successful.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

Phone

Brexit BETTER be a bloody suceess or an awful lot of folk are going to look really silly.. Then again if it does go tits up then some of them will blame the EU or the WTO but it will never be their fault.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Probably not up to your standard, and I've probably said the wrong thing, but here you go,

https://massivesci.com/articles/evolving-toward-extinction/

John.

And you think that the demise of late Cretaceous crustaceans is an analogy for the eventual demise of the EU?

Would it also be an analogy for the demise of Carthage or ancient Rome or ancient Greece or the eventual collapse of the US of A too?

I don't need Google to sniff out BS. Next time your posting have the SENCE to use your spell checker :P

I used to like Sunny D and I still see it on the shelves in Tesco. I don't need Google to know what an excess of beta-carotene does. My mother rushed to the doctors with me once becuaseshe thought I was passing blood. I wasn't, I had newly aquired a taste for Mrs Baxter's Baby Beets. ( another source of beta-carotene)

I was probably being too subtle for you.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

A long time ago on HERE I was told not to correct anothers spelling it is considered bad manners unless you are a teacher or similar, not only that but you have to be especially careful not to make a mistake.

Not withstanding my reply above that remains valid, I would not like to HEAR such criticism again.

Edited by Huge_Vitae
  • Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All,

Phone

Cameron? Cameron? ???

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson