Annoying sayings

Andrew

What common saying anoys you ?

Mine has to be

WISH ME LUCK !

Sod off why should i, LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you planning to put that back or eat it?

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Mine has to be

WISH ME LUCK !

Sod off why should i, LoL

Hello Andrew, :)

Not too sure what you mean by sayings, but there a great number of cliches which get right up my nose, here are three that are in common use today:-

1] "We must make sure that we're all singing from the same hymn sheet". <_<

2] "The NHS reorganisation is a real elephant in the room at Downing Street at the present time". <_<

3] "Its too late to make a decision on that now, the train's left the station". <_<

There are a great many more, which one's do fellow members abhor?

Regards,

Mr H. :)

I don't watch much telly any more, but whenever I turn the damn thing on some stupid presenter will very soon say "coming up".

Don't bother, I can survive perfectly well without being forewarned of what you're going tell me in five minutes time.

I find it very amusing with Weathermen the way they describe what the weather is going to be. As an example.

Well today it will be chilly but there will be a few fluffy clouds around. It will be windy though and might turn your brolly inside out.

Look out for Mr Frost in the morning as he will be widespread. Then it will fall to -8 tonight so if you are out wrap up warm...

Don’t you think that this sounds like a weather forecast for the under 10’s? :icecream:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

"Bless you" - after sneezing.

"You'll have someone's eye out with that" - employed when carrying anything from a pointy stick to a mattress.

"They always come in three's" - any time someone feels like consoling you by telling you that more misfortune is about to befall you.

"What star sign are you" - not really a saying but another demonstration of the mouth running away when the brain is in neutral - actually, not so much in neutral as clapped out and with a busted gearbox.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

"how are you"

"are you well"

"hello"

just a ploy to to get information they can gossip around the area

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson