Top Gear accident

*Ant*

Just heard about this, too. Really hope he makes it. An entertaining presenter, who strikes me as a nice bloke.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard about this, too. Really hope he makes it. An entertaining presenter, who strikes me as a nice bloke.
Good luck Hamster, the show will not be the same until you return. This is my most favourite programme ever and i really do think that the three of them bounce off each other even tho the only thing they have in common is that they are all petrolheads. God Bless Richard. Dave.

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

Please don't take this wrong as I am sorry the accident happened as all of you BUT, he is paid some £100,000.00 per episode to put his life in danger. That's more money than a lot of us get in a year! If I was offered that job at that salary with the same risks, I would take it.

What's wrong with us Brits? There Students doing medical tests, making some "easy money" and it went wrong! And everyone is suddenly against the Pharmacutical company!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "FREE LUNCH"!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

If the BBC are paying for his care and treatment at least i know my licence fee is finally being spent on something worthwhile.

KB, footballers get paid just as mch if not more than Richard but i know which one i would rather have being paid that kind of money cos football is just total brain killing rubbish full of over paid self cented egotistical prima donnas.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Please don't take this wrong as I am sorry the accident happened as all of you BUT, he is paid some £100,000.00 per episode to put his life in danger. That's more money than a lot of us get in a year! If I was offered that job at that salary with the same risks, I would take it.

What's wrong with us Brits? There Students doing medical tests, making some "easy money" and it went wrong! And everyone is suddenly against the Pharmacutical company!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "FREE LUNCH"!!!

Miserable git

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hope the Hampster pulls through. . . and his new Teeth are OK !

The 3 presenters of Top Gear balanced each other out, a tall plonker who knows nothing under the bonnet but a gift for telling it the way it is, a long haired but brainy chap and Hammy. Hope he's on his feet soon to retain the special dynamic of Top Gear presentation.

Andrew Boyd

Have to say certainly not one my have to watch programs but again it boils down to one thing.

Puting your life on the line to get the best viewing figures possible as I remember two weeks ago it resulted in the death of Steve Irwin.

It is sad that the tv media have to go to such limits to gain viewing figures, we talk about the barbaric history of the Roman Empire, to day we do not have to go to the arena just switch the telly on :rolleyes::(

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It was a jet powered drag racer. I think we tend to forget these days that motorsport is dangerous. Nobody has died in F1 since Senna and Ratzenberger, but there have been deaths in rallying; Michael Park in last year's Rally of Britain, a couple of people in last year's Paris-Dakar. I'm sure there have been plenty of deaths and serious injuries worldwide in amateur motorsport; I wonder how many there are at the Nurburgring alone?

Still, how many of us would have turned down a go in that dragster, even if we weren't being paid to do it?

Ken

I dont think in either this or the Irwin case they were putting their life on the line for viewing figures. Both were enthusiasts and do/did the TV because it allowes them to do what they enjoy. Thats why their TV is so watchable.