E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Cameron will come back waving a piece of paper and claiming to have won a great victory. The EU is not going to "reform", it doesn't want to, why should it? Vote for or against based on what it is now, is my advice, it's only going to get more like that

Exactly!

Can picture it now.............he is getting off the plane and waving a piece of paper to the waiting press........Oh hang on,I'm thinking of Neville Chamberlain :doh: .....................................................Or am I?

• Like 2

Hold on there Barry boy, leave it open until i have my little holiday. Taking a trip to Europe next week, Belgium, with my brother, should be fun :punk: :punk:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Hold on there Barry boy, leave it open until i have my little holiday. Taking a trip to Europe next week, Belgium, with my brother, should be fun :punk: :punk:

That's the first positive for staying on this topic, well done you. Belgium chockies, bring me back some. yum. Edited by barry luxton
  • Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Firstly I should say that I am a supporter of the EU. Given my circumstances I would be stupid not to be. This doesn't mean that I agree with everything that they say or do, but generally speaking I feel its existence benefits me.

Secondly, it is not particularly important to me whether the UK stays or leaves. That is your decision

Now, as far as the contributions on here are concerned, it would probably be true to say that most of them concern immigration, but which immigration?

If you mean the hordes of Eastern Europeans that were taking over the country a few years ago then what are you going to do with them when you leave the EU? Send them all back? That might not be so easy and of course, other EU countries might think that if you did then they would have every right to send back the millions of Brit pensioners clogging up their healthcare systems.

When we get back we won't be working tax payers, we will all be demanding better housing than the Eastern Europeans put up with and of course, lots more healthcare for our ailments and can you imagine the rise in numbers of disability scooters in every town and city in the UK?

Good luck with that one.

If you are referring to the million illegal immigrants escaping from their own countries (due in no small part to a couple of illegal wars in which the UK were eager participants and which led to the rise of ISIS and the overthrow of legal government in the area with no replacement) then I would be interested to know how the EU could be blamed for that. Most European countries struggling to cope with it certainly didn't invite it, they have been lumbered. The only assistance they get is from the EU, not much offered by the main instigators.

Do you think that UK leaving the EU will stop the illegals entering Europe? of course not. Do you think that the UK leaving Europe will stop a tiny proportion of the illegals trying to enter the UK illegally? Of course not.

What very well might happen is that the UK border will be moved back, from Calais to the UK. Why should the French have anything to do with it any more? Have fun dealing with them when they arrive in Dover and Folkestone, maybe you could set up a camp.

There may be lots of other reason why it would or would not be a good idea for you to leave the EU, but I don't see it changing the problem of immigration for you, at least not for the better. Your decision.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

If you are referring to the million illegal immigrants escaping from their own countries (due in no small part to a couple of illegal wars in which the UK were eager participants and which led to the rise of ISIS and the overthrow of legal government in the area with no replacement) then I would be interested to know how the EU could be blamed for that. Most European countries struggling to cope with it certainly didn't invite it, they have been lumbered. The only assistance they get is from the EU, not much offered by the main instigators.

Do you think that UK leaving the EU will stop the illegals entering Europe? of course not. Do you think that the UK leaving Europe will stop a tiny proportion of the illegals trying to enter the UK illegally? Of course not.

What very well might happen is that the UK border will be moved back, from Calais to the UK. Why should the French have anything to do with it any more? Have fun dealing with them when they arrive in Dover and Folkestone, maybe you could set up a camp.

There may be lots of other reason why it would or would not be a good idea for you to leave the EU, but I don't see it changing the problem of immigration for you, at least not for the better. Your decision.

Yes, they are the ones that I was thinking about. I accept free movement of EU members its part of being a member. But what is the point of being a member of a club when there is no door policy and you let anyone in anyway. If we give up control of our borders between EU members surely you then expect the outside borders of the EU to be protected and controlled to non EU immigration.

I agree that coming out of the EU will not solve the Issue for the UK but staying in might force us to take a quota. To be honest this will be a bigger issue for mainland Europe. Morally we should do more to help but when we have so many in our own country using food banks, not getting the health and social care they need then you need to make some hard decisions. Simply being an island nation makes it easier for us to implement controls.

I really don't see what the big benefit of being out are but I feel that "immigration" will effect the way many vote.

Interestingly, I was in Zurich a few months back and the only big topic of conversation was immigration. While not an EU country they enjoy free movement within the EU. They need and depend on EU migrants to fill jobs in their country and they are considering putting border control in place. They know it will put them in direct conflict with the EU and will damage them as they need the ability for workers to enter and leave at will. However, they are at a stage where they believe non-EU migration is putting a strain on services and their way of life. They do not want to spoil their country by building more housing and infrastructure as they have no wish to ruin their outdoor paradise they have created. Plus many see immigration as undermining their culture. Interesting that the country known for being open and accepting those in need has been pushed to reconsider its position.

A few years ago I would have voted to stay in but the times they are a changing.

• Like 1

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I may have posted this before but a conversation with some rather lefty German friends in November was interesting.

"Ken, what do you think of the migration from Syria?"

"It's complicated".

"I think that Germany needs these people. We have an aging population and we need young workers to support people in their old age".

"Why do you think these people are coming to work?".

SILENCE.

"Do you seriously think that these people are travelling from Syria and Afghanistan to wipe the backsides of elderly Germans in care homes?"

SILENCE. and then after a moment:

"But they are refugees, we have a responsibility to help refugees".

"I agree, that's why I said it was complicated. The problem is that more than 80% of these people are young men travelling alone and when they are interviewed, they say that when they arrive in Germany, or Sweden, or the UK, they will send for their wives and families. These people are not refugees. If you are fleeing persecution, you take those you love with you, you don't leave them to be butcherd!".

SIlENCE.

"So the problem is that while there are genuine refugees amonst them, most of these people arn't refugees and don't want to work. You can't even use travelling with family as a way to differentiate refugees from parasites because when you look at the story of the toddler that drowned, it's very clear that the family were living safely in Turkey before deciding to move illegally to Europe and from there to Canada".

• Like 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

At age almost 82, obviously I have a limited life span and therefore much less to lose than most posters on here.

However, during the time I have left, I wish to fish, walk the countryside, and watch birds, cricket and steam engines as the mood takes me.

So, my politics can be summed up as the preservation of rural Britain (or to be more precise, the rural Britain I grew up in and which now seems under threat) and to be brutally honest, I don't much care who gets trodden on in the process of preserving "my" country.

My circumstances will probably cushion me from confrontation with those that wish to "change" Britain.

A Conservative is one who is enamoured of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

Attributed to Ambrose Bierce.

But how long before people will have "refugees" billeted upon them ? Already a parson has received acclamation in a national newspaper for growing a beard, to make himself "more acceptable" to other religions. Perhaps next he will sell his church bells for scrap, and call the brethren to evensong by climbing his church tower, then standing on its roof and howling.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I'll be following this with interest - it's been done recently on two other forums I use although without the second option - just in or out - and both votes have been a heartening and overwhelming OUT.

I've just been back and checked on the two other forums to get the actual figures.

Forum 1 - Out 15 votes - In - zero votes - and 2 Don't Knows

Forum 2 - Out 23 votes - In - 4 votes

Forum 1 is a building trade related forum with a healthy mix of political views.

Forum 2 really surprised me, it's not a politically based forum at all, but most of it's members are way to the right of centre.

If Cameron wants a referendum vote to stay in he's going to have to come up with something special.

These guys are telling us it's vital to remain.

However, why I appreciate the u k buys and sells into Europe, more buying than selling, why is it so important to be ruled by Europe at the same time? Yes I know you have to be in it to win it, so perhaps some of the legislation coming out of Europe is a good and positive idea? for example open boarders clearly has major issues. The constraint of being locked into the euro currency clearly hasn't worked. I understand even a country as large as france still remain deep in the financial doldrums. The commons agricultural policy, is an industry built up on subsidy and is the largest part of the euro budget, Why? When the u k joined the e u it was handed 13% of it's own fishery it used to enjoy and it's taken 30 years to determine the commons fishery policy managed by the e u had failed. What chances for the new fisheries policy being fit for purpose?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35394839

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..