E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

The Dutch government says it is talking to 250 UK companies ready to ditch the uk for Holland it just beggars belief this whole saga Farage inciting social unrest he seems to forget one thing social unrest looks more likely if we do Brexit the mans a complete fool and for inciting social unrest its a very serious which he is looking more and more guilty of and the book should be thrown at him there is freedom of speech but he is taking it to far .

https://www.politico.eu/article/dutch-say-hundreds-of-companies-plotting-brexit-switch/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Big Cod,

Read the Dutch numbers. Most of "these companies" are setting up sales and marketing divisions within the EU - most are not British and most are not closing their UK branches but wisely anticipating BREXIT.

Other than that you are "spot-on"

Farage is now leader of a new and approved political party. I wouldn't credit him with any new influences.

Phone

Big Cod,

Read the Dutch numbers. Most of "these companies" are setting up sales and marketing divisions within the EU - most are not British and most are not closing their UK branches but wisely anticipating BREXIT.

Other than that you are "spot-on"

Farage is now leader of a new and approved political party. I wouldn't credit him with any new influences.

Phone

You have a point phone but still not good news after the brexit referendum a friend on mine lost his job of 40 years when his company immediately packed up and **** off to Holland probably one one of the first casualties of the Brexit vote .

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-voter-james-obrien-lbc-radio-facts-leave-eu-watch-video-8769536

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Big Cod

I don't mean to belittle BREXIT. It is a BIG DEAL. Change is inevitable and to some degree at least the nation is at risk.

Do you really believe the Island you live on can compete for manufacturing and assembly jobs?

Sort it logically for a moment. Every labour force consists of two parts - either goods or services. As a first world country with limited natural resources and even less available space what do you have that the world needs?

It may well be time the UK took a leadership role in providing intellectual services to a world that is certainly in need.

Phone

Big Cod

I don't mean to belittle BREXIT. It is a BIG DEAL. Change is inevitable and to some degree at least the nation is at risk.

Do you really believe the Island you live on can compete for manufacturing and assembly jobs?

Sort it logically for a moment. Every labour force consists of two parts - either goods or services. As a first world country with limited natural resources and even less available space what do you have that the world needs?

It may well be time the UK took a leadership role in providing intellectual services to a world that is certainly in need.

Phone

The bottom line is phone planning for Brexit was zero as it now there for all to see to leave or to stay was on the ballot paper as Liam Fox said after the Brexit vote brexit will be the easiest thing in the world since slice bread how untrue that is like so many untruths with Brexit but not long to wait now for big day but what a home goal this island has put on itself in the last hundred years the proof will be in pudding no blaming the EU for all our woos anymore we will be all out on our own Turning the clock back decades and decades but then we had a Steele industrys coal mines hugh manufacturing we have non of those now so get ready if we lose the service industry we are sunk there is going to be one hell of a lot of explaining to do so who will far right blame when it is them who orcastrated brexit its the same people who destroyed our manufacturing base in the 1980s non Dom tax haven awaits all for those far right Brexiteers and the rest of us will eat gruel .

Untitled-1.jpg

Big Cod

Phone

The bottom line is phone planning for Brexit was zero as it now there for all to see to leave or to stay was on the ballot paper as Liam Fox said after the Brexit vote brexit will be the easiest thing in the world since slice bread how untrue that is like so many untruths with Brexit but not long to wait now for the big day but what a home goal this island has put on itself in the last hundred years the proof will very soon be in pudding no blaming the EU anymore for all our woos we will be all out on our own Turning the clock back decades and decades but in those days we had a Steele industrys coal mines hugh manufacturing we have non of those now so get ready if we lose the service industry we are sunk there is going to be one hell of a lot of explaining if brexit backfired the right orchestrated brexit its the same people who destroyed our manufacturing base in the 1980s a non Dom tax haven awaits for all for those far right Brexiteers and the rest of us will eat gruel .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Its a pity that Thatcher was not in power, the likes of tusk and junker would not be man enough to bully her.

The deal would be signed and sealed with her. May is a waste of space.

Roaming charges back. ? More scare mongering

If you mean the same Thatcher who said that referendums were the "device of dictators and demagogues" then I agree. Thatcher was way smarter than Cameron and would not have called for a referendum in the first place.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

If you mean the same Thatcher who said that referendums were the "device of dictators and demagogues" then I agree. Thatcher was way smarter than Cameron and would not have called for a referendum in the first place.

My first guiding principle is this: willing and active cooperation between independent sovereign states is the best way to build a successful European Community.

To try to suppress nationhood and concentrate power at the centre of a European conglomerate would be highly damaging and would jeopardise the objectives we seek to achieve.

Europe will be stronger precisely because it has France as France, Spain as Spain, Britain as Britain, each with its own customs, traditions and identity. It would be folly to try to fit them into some sort of identikit European personality.

Some of the founding fathers of the Community thought that the United States of America might be its model.

But the whole history of America is quite different from Europe.

People went there to get away from the intolerance and constraints of life in Europe.

They sought liberty and opportunity; and their strong sense of purpose has, over two centuries, helped to create a new unity and pride in being American, just as our pride lies in being British or Belgian or Dutch or German.

I am the first to say that on many great issues the countries of Europe should try to speak with a single voice.

I want to see us work more closely on the things we can do better together than alone.

Europe is stronger when we do so, whether it be in trade, in defence or in our relations with the rest of the world.

But working more closely together does not require power to be centralised in Brussels or decisions to be taken by an appointed bureaucracy.

Indeed, it is ironic that just when those countries such as the Soviet Union, which have tried to run everything from the centre, are learning that success depends on dispersing power and decisions away from the centre, there are some in the Community who seem to want to move in the opposite direction.

We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them re-imposed at a European level with a European super-state exercising a new dominance from Brussels.

Certainly we want to see Europe more united and with a greater sense of common purpose.

But it must be in a way which preserves the different traditions, parliamentary powers and sense of national pride in one's own country; for these have been the source of Europe's vitality through the centuries.

- Margaret Thatcher - Bruges 1988

• Like 3

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

"The Danes control 94% of the quota for UK sand eels and last year persuaded the EU to let them increase their annual take from 82,000 to 458,000 tons a year.

Most of the catch, taken around Dogger Bank in the North Sea, was crushed into fishmeal for Denmarks intensive salmon, mink and livestock farms."

I'll just leave this here.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Another fantastic day on brexshit circus my sides splitting with laughter as the provisional wing of the Tory partythe ENG who the hell do they think they are hell bent of sending the UK in total oblivion smash lady Teresa again but the best is she is so gutless our PM who keeps shouting brexit mean brexshit she wasnt even there to hear the result bravo bravo the Brexshit circus continues.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg