Mystery object

ayjay

Bubble Catchers.

Bubble Catchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end of civilisation is finally at hand.

Like the Romans and Greeks, the decadence has become too much.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A bubble catcher? I'm not much wiser.

What the hell is a bubble catcher, why would you want to try and catch a bubble with anything but your hands, and what does it do to the bubble once it's been caught?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What the hell is a bubble catcher, why would you want to try and catch a bubble with anything but your hands, and what does it do to the bubble once it's been caught?

John.

I believe they were introduced by a consortium of London Football clubs to counter West Ham supporters and that stupid song, hope this helps.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

John.

Remember Dick Walker's Story of "Buckden's Breamers " ? (either "Angling Times" or "Fishing" circa 1960)

A Buckden firm employed professional bubble catchers in their business of manufacturing spirit levels.

The top-of-the-range spirit levels (Buckden's Breamers) used bubbles produced by bream from that stretch of the Great Ouse that forms the boundary of the parish of Offord Cluny. Great skill was required in the capture of such bubbles and their incorporation into the spirit level.

A rival concern was set up in Offord D'Arcy, but never were able to compete - I think they made the mistake of using carp bubbles which are vastly inferior

PS Technical note Tench bubbles too small, carp bubbles too large and burst easily. Bream bubbles - right size, and persistent, owing to bream slime incorporated in the bubble.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Knowing means the fun of not knowing has gone "it counts bubbles" isnt as entertaining as the thread was?

Yeah i have icon things

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

John.

It's a kids game, when the bubble is "caught" it registers on the counter.

It's a kids game, when the bubble is "caught" it registers on the counter.

How do you know if you've won if there is no way of counting the bubbles you don't catch?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Andy,

You're right. It was driving me nuts. And, because of the quality invested in the device I wasn't expecting much. But a "bubble catcher"?? I mean why wasn't it called a bubble buster with the new and improved counter?

Just wait - - - - - - Ayjay will put up a bug or butterfly and ask us to identify it. I say "once bitten - twice shy". I'm boycotting Ayjay !!

WHO'S WITH ME? (maybe, I lie sometimes)

Phone

Any wise 6 your old would figure out how to cheat with a wet finger.

Oh dear. I may have set Chesters1 off again.

His dried frog pills don't seen to be working as well as they used to.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.