Is it time to close the airports yet Dave?

Ken L

If you expect a reply to that I suggest you edit it.

Lots of us on here, putting aside the pandemic for a second, are concerned that people are leaving or alternatively, not joining this site.

Your recent postings are doing absolutely nothing but encourage people to shy away.

You claim to be a reasonable member of society with good factual knowledge, act in that way and you might get more of, or a better response.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Just now, Ken L said:

Your inability to let go of the failed experiment that is the EU would be an example of your  "globalist dreams" ..

The EU is not going to fail Ken. It just Brexiteers that want it to fail because if it does not they are going to look even more stupid than they currently do if it does not.

Are you or were you equally opposed to the "globalist dreams" of the British Empire when the globe (if one believes in such things) was nearly all read.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

13 minutes ago, Huge_Vitae said:

concerned that people are leaving or alternatively, not joining this site.

And many other sites like it. I suspect Social Media is making forums like this obsolete.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

HUGH: CORY,

I constructed a post yesterday that puts me on the other side of the fence.Politicians rarely make mistakes (I don't consider Trump a politician)

I'll find it .... deals with the other side of the isle's consent to blatant corruptions

This kind of corruption has become the norm under President Donald Trump’s White House and the Republican-controlled Congress. Congressional Republicans passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), which gave hundreds of billions of dollars to the lobbyists and corporations who contribute to their campaigns.

Total tax breaks for the industry: Investors in nine major drug companies received $50 billion in tax windfalls this year alone. Total industry contributions to House Republicans: $70,357,467  under the Trump administration, with 20 prescription drugs seeing price increases of more than 200% over the last 14-month period.

Total tax breaks for the industry: Five of the largest U.S. banks reported $2.5 billion worth of tax breaks in the first quarter of 2018. Total industry contributions to House Republicans: $217,274,344

Total tax breaks for the industry: Five of the largest oil and gas companies received $2.5 billion in tax benefits. Total industry contributions to House Republicans:$107,229,874.

Lobbyist benefits: Six thousand lobbyists worked on the TCJA, and they expect new loopholes in the bill “to generate paydays for years,” according to Politico. Total industry contributions to House Republicans:$71,745,351.

It was just convenient I chose the current administration. Good politicians are well trained and clever folks. The only mistake to be made comes on election day. I found it interesting research

Phone

6 hours ago, corydoras said:

The EU is not going to fail Ken. It just Brexiteers that want it to fail because if it does not they are going to look even more stupid than they currently do if it does not.

Are you or were you equally opposed to the "globalist dreams" of the British Empire when the globe (if one believes in such things) was nearly all read.

I'm not old enough to remember the British Empire, nor am I responsible for it but the urge to identify oneself with a distinct cultural identity is strong, as is the need for group self determination. Almost nobody sees their primary identity as European, so interestingly, the very same urges for self identity and self determination that brought down the British Empire will be the undoing of the EU.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Empires fail because those that lacked the big stick get one! In the case of most the ones with the big stick sold the others the big stick that made their big stick innefective.

Self determination is the one that had the big stick fearing the ones that now have it and giving in .

Most of those that wanted out secretly miss the lack of big stick they have nothing to blame when things go wrong .Once we get fully out the EU our government will no longer be able to use the "our hands were tied" (just following orders) as an excuse and will only have themselves to blame for the problems they cause by mismanagement ,hopefully the voter realises this and brings them to task but historically they just carry on voting in innept governments that react to rather than preemt problems.

On the other side of the coin the one that lacks the big stick can ignore the big stick if the big stick holder gives them bribes to ignore it ,the EU gives such bribes taking it from others and giving it to many once the bribe fails or disapears the big stick once more comes out the cupboard and they start waving it as we see with the UK trying to revolt.

The EU have realised it and are now apologising to Italy who are mumbling  hopeing more bribes will save them from more hassel .Italy and the rest are probably watching closely very closely how the EU use their big stick against the UK if the bribes dont work they may wish to leave the fold and face it! Not for the government or countries sake ofcourse they may lose their lucrative perk filled jobs and get voted out and other people get the job .Governments first think of themselves the masses come at the bottom they are just a tool to become the government and what it brings.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 4/21/2020 at 12:31 AM, Huge_Vitae said:

If you expect a reply to that I suggest you edit it.

Lots of us on here, putting aside the pandemic for a second, are concerned that people are leaving or alternatively, not joining this site.

Your recent postings are doing absolutely nothing but encourage people to shy away.

You claim to be a reasonable member of society with good factual knowledge, act in that way and you might get more of, or a better response.

Whence comes this tendency to treat the government like some kind of fragile Victorian housewife whose delicate precious nerves require smelling salts and a swooning bank?

• Sad 1

I think swooning was a fashion , plenty of tough females including one that was the first to do archaeological stuff in the holy land

Perhaps it's a gene that got better? Only seen a woman swoon in the movies

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 4/21/2020 at 12:51 AM, corydoras said:

And many other sites like it. I suspect Social Media is making forums like this obsolete.

Never while ever there is still breath in my body :shutup:

This will Always be the proper Angler's, Go to site!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rapid response for this shambolic **** pot of a government six weeks to late .johnson wants locking up .

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/07/uk-country-world-not-airport-health-checks-closing-border-12669125/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg