AnglersNet fish-in, Lower Itchen Fishery

Rusty

This may have been asked, but I cannot find any info. What time are we all arriving. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had good fish from the LIF and similar venues on 3-4lb mainline, good chub, big trout and nice grayling and roach, all of which were on 1lb 9oz bottom. 6lb mono seems equivalent to rope :P

Also, does anyone know what the river conditions are like on the Itchen at the moment?

Just reminded me what happened with the big Grayling you hooked recently on the Test?!

It has to be my daiwa spectron 13ft match rod as thats the longest rod ive got , its also extremely light and has fuji alconite guides so sounds like that will be my best bet . Ive hardly used this rod in the 4 years ive had it so im looking forward to putting a decent bend in it ( hopefully ) :)

Cheers

That rod will be perfect Tony.

Really looking forward to it, weather is looking good and it will be great to meet everyone. N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

is this filmed on the itchin ?..... a little something too wet your appetites ,i wouldn't go along with his ideas on line comming off the top ,or how he hold the weight ,or his poor choice of centrepin (first one) but his casting is sound enough . can we fish these swims B)

wally casting video

(ignor the ad at the beginning)

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

is this filmed on the itchin ?..... a little something too wet your appetites ,i wouldn't go along with his ideas on line comming off the top ,or how he hold the weight ,or his poor choice of centrepin (first one) but his casting is sound enough . can we fish these swims B)

wally casting video

(ignor the ad at the beginning)

I wasn't taught to wallise like that. As far as i'm aware you don't need a bend it the rod to aid casting at all.

I wasn't taught to wallise like that. As far as i'm aware you don't need a bend it the rod to aid casting at all.

it can help in windy conditions and with light lines and tackle but not a absolute necessity

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

This may have been asked, but I cannot find any info. What time are we all arriving. :thumbs:

'Official' start time is 8:00am but the last time Steve and I were there people had started before then. We asked the bailiff about this and he said that provided he knows we're coming it's ok to start earlier. It would be nice to meet up in the morning but I guess those who haven't fished it before and distance travellers will want to get fishing quickly, we'll meet up on the 19th hole anyway so feel free to start before 8:00am.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

'Official' start time is 8:00am but the last time Steve and I were there people had started before then. We asked the bailiff about this and he said that provided he knows we're coming it's ok to start earlier. It would be nice to meet up in the morning but I guess those who haven't fished it before and distance travellers will want to get fishing quickly, we'll meet up on the 19th hole anyway so feel free to start before 8:00am.

what time we setting off chris? thats if its still ok to jump in with you?

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

it can help in windy conditions and with light lines and tackle but not a absolute necessity

What was all that nonsense about your thumb being thrown off the reel if your line comes off the bottom of the spool and your playing a fish ? I can't say I've ever had that happen to me and i've had a few powerfull fish tugging at my line. I can think of a far more proficient teacher much nearer to home than that ewd coffin dodger :lol:

Edited by Tigger