NHS TO BE NO MORE

big_cod

Someone posted they were getting 47p for work miles and had been for a few years.

As a District Nurse I get 40 p and have done for quite a few years.no signs of any increase,we wont even get the extra bank holiday for the wedding just a day in lieu.

Come April we are being taken over by the main hospital group!!!!goodness knows where this will take us,

we all ready don't have enough hours in a day to do the paperwork that visits to the patients generate.

Plus all the extra work /schemes to keep people out of hospital no extra staff employed,no cover for sickness.

Like Sportsman I too go back a long way in the nursing profession.

I would certainly not advise anyone to become a nurse these days,most of todays nurses would certainly not have made the grade when I did my training back in the 1960's,they may be skilled with IT and latest Hi-Tec machines but sadly lack the basic nursing skills,feeding patients,prevention of pressure sores,maintaining basic hygiene needs and maitaining dignity,simple things really all part and parcel of good holistic nursing care,I mentor many students in a year,and I despair for the future.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted they were getting 47p for work miles and had been for a few years.

As a District Nurse I get 40 p and have done for quite a few years.no signs of any increase,we wont even get the extra bank holiday for the wedding just a day in lieu.

Come April we are being taken over by the main hospital group!!!!goodness knows where this will take us,

we all ready don't have enough hours in a day to do the paperwork that visits to the patients generate.

Plus all the extra work /schemes to keep people out of hospital no extra staff employed,no cover for sickness.

Like Sportsman I too go back a long way in the nursing profession.

I would certainly not advise anyone to become a nurse these days,most of todays nurses would certainly not have made the grade when I did my training back in the 1960's,they may be skilled with IT and latest Hi-Tec machines but sadly lack the basic nursing skills,feeding patients,prevention of pressure sores,maintaining basic hygiene needs and maitaining dignity,simple things really all part and parcel of good holistic nursing care,I mentor many students in a year,and I despair for the future.

40p a mile for the first 10,000 miles is spot on Judy. HMRC regulations for such payments can be found here.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/exb/a-z/m/mileage-expenses.htm

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I do love the web for things like that. It's like having all the worlds' libraries at your finger tips. Sure, there is a lot of crap on the web but there's lots of good stuff too.

you could pay to stare at the lunatics ,hmmmm NHS fund-raising scheme !!!do loonies have human rights?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

St James' Hospital in Southsea for example?

Dear CD, :)

What I was trying to say in my original post [i didn't 'cos I didn't want to offend anyone.] is that the Tory 3/4 of the Coalition is saying to the NHS honcho's is along the lines of "Get rid of 200,000 [or more] non-job staff & you've got the NHS finances solved in one go. Got to come some time is has, so we might as well got on with it when we have a governmen who are not dictated to by the trade unions. <_<

Also, thanks to Chesters, Big Cod [i have one of them anall!] & Cory Doras for making me laugh. :lol:

As ever, regards much :)

Herutilus

OK perhaps a decision is taken that they need people to gawp at them to acclimatise themselves should they escape and thus not attract attention by the sudden interest ,seems fine to me and ofcourse its in their interests as well as raising money after all for their benefits

err can you poke them with sticks?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update the tory cream are turning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthne...ory-doctor.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/c...HS-reforms.html

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I had the unfortunate experience of hospital services Saturday night and Sunday morning. To cut a long story short I was seen by a consultant. Who actually moaned about nurses and doctors being made redundant and the fact that the NHS is now run as a business.

I was very surprised to hear him say that my treatment was funded from my GP. This system being in place for a few years. I wasnt able to find out any more.

At present, funds are given by the Government to primary care trusts, which pay for patients from their area to be treated in hospital. a large part of my role as a case manager is taken up with trying to keep patients out of hospital

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)