E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Ask yourself this question after 40 + years of being in he EU are we really doing that bad is the uk economy on the brink collapse stable Interest rates we do a lot better than some after China burst onto the scene in the global economy the better the devil you know anti EU it's swarmiing with it on here but with all your hopes of a lovely brexit let's just wait and see what good news you have for us what some are saying g itss bad news with brexit but before the referendum wasn't it the other way round extremely all bad news to vote brexit have your cake and eat it interest rates on brink I know many who wil be **** themselves many young people with big morgages who really didn't need all this uncertainty it's yes it's all down to voting out guys you did it be happy if it all works out but at the moment it ain't looking to rosy but time will tell.but before that the pound is getting weaker by the day jolly good show .

The vote was 48% in 52% out and 75% of them were brainwashed running Upto to vote the 350 million just one big lie .

Sorry Paul, but we haven't been 'in the EU for 40+ years', the EU was formed in 1993. Don't you remember the 'wheeling and dealing' by John Major, to secure ratification of the Maastricht Treaty? It nearly caused the collapse of the then Tory Government.

I don't know anyone who believed that this would be an easy ride, let alone one with short term gains. I voted with the long term future of this country in mind. So in another 20 or so years, (if I'm still around), when it will be 40+years since we joined the EU, I believe we will be much better off than those nations whose chose to remain.

John.

• Like 3

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Much has been made of the young people who feel let down by Brexit.

Unfortunately they did it to themselves. Many believed that remain was a forgone conclusion (including the likes of Farage and that other buffoon) so they didn't bother to vote because they thought it didn't matter.

If the under 30s had voted in the same proportions as the over 65s then remain would have won easily, so it is their own fault.

Frighteningly the same thing could happen in the USA with Trump.

Many believe that Trump has no chance and that Hillary, although unpopular, is bound to win. The danger is that they don't bother to vote or they protest vote for one of the independents.

If that happened often enough then Trump could win by default and that is truly terrifying. If he gets in then assume the "brace" position. Head between your legs and kiss your ar5e goodbye. :cc_surrender:

Edited by Sportsman
  • Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Much has been made of the young people who feel let down by Brexit.

Unfortunately they did it to themselves. Many believed that remain was a forgone conclusion (including the likes of Farage and that other buffoon) so they didn't bother to vote because they thought it didn't matter.

If the under 30s had voted in the same proportions as the over 65s then remain would have won easily, so it is their own fault.

Frighteningly the same thing could happen in the USA with Trump.

Many believe that Trump has no chance and that Hillary, although unpopular, is bound to win. The danger is that they don't bother to vote or they protest vote for one of the independents.

If that happened often enough then Trump could win by default and that is truly terrifying. If he gets in then assume the "brace" position. Head between your legs and kiss your ar5e goodbye. :cc_surrender:

Not strictly true, you are assuming those under 30 who didn't vote were going to vote remain but that is not necessarily the case so remain still may have lost and could infact have lost dramatically, we'll never know because they were part of the 28% who couldn't be arsed to vote and so have no right to bitch and moan about the result.
  • Like 1

I am not assuming anything. I am using figures that have been reported.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I am not assuming anything. I am using figures that have been reported.

Yes your assuming those figures are accurate which unless they asked everyone under 30 who didn't vote, which I very much doubt, means they are extrapolated from a limited figure which means they could be biased by numerous factors and so are of limited reliability and accuracy.

Edited by snakey1

Yes your assuming those figures are accurate which unless they asked everyone under 30 who didn't vote, which I very much doubt, means they are extrapolated from a limited figure which means they could be biased by numerous factors and so are of limited reliability and accuracy.

I did read some figures from the Robert Maxwell paper, where they claimed 70 odd % of youngsters will vote for remain. However since the result a pinch of salt has been taken. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As for CFP what do actually think will happen when it's no more loads more fish for you I allready know fishermen who are waiting a free for all on the The cards .

If it. Wasn't for Syria and explosion of migrants brexit wouldn't have got off the ground .

As for interest rates do not hold for breath for long they could suddenly rise fast .

Where do you get your information from? Got any facts?

What the u k has been told b c is that all legislation from the e u will be enshrined into u k law. That means unless I was brought up on a banana boat, the cheating fish thieves will be stealing fish under the jurisdiction of u k law. Sit's o k with you? So where is the assumption it's going to be a free for all? And as always it's defra and the mmo who take the thieves to court in any event not the e u, so it will be management business as usual , while the u k dump all the worthless e u legislation.

As regards to the c f p, that will be dumped I have no doubt. the reason being is that the e u has created the largest waste known to man of both juvenile and full sized fish, namely discard. So just where does the fish shortage come from? In addition, just this year the e u with their jack boots on had stated that they now manage the remaining 13% of u k waters right up to the shore line. Told you that before. what that means b c is that apart from e u bass restrictions right up to our shore on commercial and also the anglers. I have absolutely no doubt that they will also insist of further restriction that are pointless for anglers and that is cod bag limits. Told you that before also. So how the hell can you continue with bleating about leaving the e u failed management experiment. It's useless and it will not be any good for your anglers as well. Or are you planning to come out of the charter boat industry?

The u k was long overdue a e u referendum, it was on the cards the day brown signed the u k into the Lisbon treaty without asking the electorate and breaking a labour promise of a referendum. So blaming it all on Syria and the e u failure to deal with the problem and the open door e u policy created of allowing thousands of eastern economic migrants is pure speculation on your part. Yes it certainly inflamed the situation and many voted brexit because of it. However sense would dictate that the e u has got too big for it's boots and that is the reason why it is being dumped. As said, useless e u policies that no one can explain having any benefit to the u k

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry you seem to know so much about our fishing industry when I reality you know nvery little don't talk about discards you really dont know the meaning of the word .

As far back as the 70ss discards were massive amoung British fishermen millions upon millions of juvenile fish were dumped day in day out because nets were to small and at times were made even smaller with blinders to catch certain species cod you could have walked on them off the Yorkshire coast it was the dumping of juvenile fish that brought to its knees nothing what so ever to do with the Eu when I was a lad worked on the fish market loading wagons 1000ssof boxes of fish mainly big cod seen it all Barry seen the decline OVERFISHING played its part bigger boats bigger nets more dumping of juvenile fish it's still going on now selective grading it's never left the fishing Industry .

There is on thing which will make a diffirerence coming g out of the EU is to stop the Danes hammering the sandeels on the doggerbank sandeels are one of the biggist part of the food chain for cod they catch 1000ss of tons of sandeels for fuel for power stations and many other products but with there very small meshes catch many other juvenile fish feeding on the sandeels .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

brexit was mentioned so I thought id'e leave this here, video is worth a look. the speaker raises the last laugh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37706274

There is on thing which will make a diffirerence coming g out of the EU is to stop the Danes hammering the sandeels on the doggerbank sandeels are one of the biggist part of the food chain for cod they catch 1000ss of tons of sandeels for fuel for power stations and many other products but with there very small meshes catch many other juvenile fish feeding on the sandeels .

And this one single fact makes every single loss or hardship we might encounter totally worth it, speaking as an individual who has written and campaigned for a decade to ask for a moratorium on North Sea Sandeels to allow stocks in each area to restablish themselves, unlike other stocks, Sandeels do not migrate to different areas, nor do they breed with colonies just a short distance away, so all the plans for nursery areas and restocking are useless.

I have been told by the EU fisheries minister (via my own MP.) various reasons for this, since Cod, Hake and other whitefish stocks are falling it is just part of a natural process!, Apparently it is now caused by Global Warming!

The only area left where Sandeels are sustainable is the Norweigian Economic Area who have indeed prevented the Dutch from taking them.

When I finally got our own Minister to accept the reports from Marine Biologists, he obviously got fed up with my persistence and informed me that it was "outside the UK. Remit, FFS,

Now, we might have to pay more for sh1te French wine and cheese and German auto's, but in my mind to see the survival of our fish stocks plus other creatures dependant on Sandeels is totally and utterly worth it.

And a free for all you predict, free for all for whom, I case you haven't noticed, there is not much of our fishing fleet left!

• Like 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."