barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

All,

Hugh, Ken, and of course Chesters1. I understand your position as the benefactors of British Colonialism from days gone by. This however is a new era. You will not be the ones pulling the apron strings of every latitude and longitude. You seem to have only a British perspective.

As it relates to China in particular,economic and political uncertainty traditionally has negative effects on all stock markets. The withdrawal of the UK from the EU framework is bound to have an impact on a privileged economic partner such as China.

The UK is the third largest economy in the EU, and its departure from the European Union is associated with political and economic concerns. No question in my mind there is an initial drawback considering China’s ambitions to gain market economy status that has been or will be jeopardized by Brexit. Beijing considered the UK as one of its strongest advocates. Or at least up until your "me first" approach to leaving the EU.

Don’t forget, BREXIT potential(?) restrictions could be imposed on foreign ownership and on real property in the UK that would have an impact on Chinese politico-economic elites. Of all the world's cultures China has a long memory of being snubbed. They are no longer a "wannabe".

I can't understand Ken's URL's, Cod's URL's and Chesters1, off the cuff comments on China??

Phone

Well, that’s a broadside post covering a lot of ground.

Firstly, on a lighthearted note, if I got my time machine to Transport George Washington through the decades and expose him to Nixon, Clinton and Trump and then taken him back to 1773 do you think he would have convinced the Son’s of Liberty to pay the tax?

Secondly, well done on giving Clod an opt out swerve, even though he doesn’t realise you were critical of him!

But anyway, to my mind you have fallen into the trap of believing the diatribe published in the media and so often repeated by Clod.

Remoaners are broad minded, brexiters are narrow minded ‘UK first” as you put it, but consider this, Remainers want to trade with the EU and anybody else the EU allow them to trade with, brexiters want to trade with the World! Who are the isolationists?

Go back a few pages and your posts on one world goverment, is that what you want to see? Would you be happy with that? Or as George Orwell said “All animals are equal, some are more equal than others.”

Here in the UK we moan like hell if (as in the case of John Major, Gordon Brown and Teresa May) somebody gets to be Prime Minister without being voted in, despite the fact that we do not vote for a Prime Minister in any case. A lot of those who complain are happy for people to have authority over us with zero accountability and certainly having never been elected, would the USA quietly accept if Trump picked the next President? In fact I would suggest that only two types of people would support the further expansion of the EU into a global dominating power which requires both trade and military might and they would be those who will make money or gain power by it and those too stupid to realise the path they are led down whilst blindfolded.

The situation with China is far more complex than trade and I do not believe any UK govt would place restrictions on anybody investing money into the UK in whatever form.

The UK leaving the EU without a deal will be hard on the economy of most countries, that was our bargaining chip, we will, can prosper under WTO rules, but that chip was stolen under our noses by the remainers, including the majority of MP’s, we are consistently told that the Majority in both houses is to remain, but, and it’s a big but, we operate a first past the post system, another thing that was voted on very recently, according to studies by election academics 396 constituencies voted leave against 229 for remain, that’s a damned big majority in UK election terms, I know your own system leaves a lot to be desired but you lot argue the figures on an awful lot less than that so put your own house in order.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hugh,

Pay the taxes.

Just seems to me China hasn't been very "public". I was, for the most part thinking China for that post. You've voted exit. Get the 'ell out. It won't be a cake walk with or without chips (is this really any time to be discussing chips?). The importance of China cannot be underestimated.

Phone

Hugh,

Pay the taxes.

Just seems to me China hasn't been very "public". I was, for the most part thinking China for that post. You've voted exit. Get the 'ell out. It won't be a cake walk with or without chips (is this really any time to be discussing chips?). The importance of China cannot be underestimated.

Phone

Brexit is not about China, Russia the EU or anything else, it is about the UK the rest is consideration only.

Any discussion on chips can only be chips with or without gravy, unless it is bargaining chips which are only played when the chips are down, if chips are not down they are in hand and therefore not chips but leverage, leverage can not be part of any discussion on gravy.

Here’s a suggestion for you, instead of the historical problems you all face on election counts, let your House of Representatives pick the Senate and the Senate pick the President, there you go, life simplified, as Chesters would say, with my agreement, you only have to pick one corrupt arse to govern you but hey, at least you get a limited choice, when it comes to the EU ‘we’ have none.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

On a positive note, the German automotive industry and others represented by the "Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie" have started to indicate extreme concern at the prospect of a no deal exit.

With the growing realisation that the puppet PM May may not be able to get a sell out deal through the British parliament, expect huge pressure to be applied to the EU negotiators to reach a more reasonable accommodation.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Pop stars (ok long faded ones) now footy ,you have scraped the bottom of the barrel so much theres a ten foot hole under it lol

I think its brexit thats scrapping the barrel just the tip of iceberg this a lot more to come now they are even saying brexit is playing its part in the downturn in a global economy .

Intersting facts didnt see this on the side of big red bus .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-workers-uk-tax-treasury-brexit-migrants-british-citizens-a8542506.html

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Im very pleased im not a gullible bloke :shutup:

I don't believe a word the MPs, MEPs, gutter press say, When the deal is done { that's if its not a done deal already ] then that's when I will start to have an opinion and start to worry or not, on the whole sorry episode.

The goalposts are changed daily by all involved, those Euro negotiators are nothing but playground bullies imho, but hey ho they yer go.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

When I look at the almighty pigs ear that this "government" has made out of Brexit I am rapidly coming around to Chester's suggestion of stringing them all up from lampposts.

I would start with Boris Johnson, a man quite happy to sacrifice his principles and his country's welfare for his personal ambition.

BTW, can we string up MEPs as well Chesters?

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

When I look at the almighty pigs ear that this "government" has made out of Brexit I am rapidly coming around to Chester's suggestion of stringing them all up from lampposts.

I would start with Boris Johnson, a man quite happy to sacrifice his principles and his country's welfare for his personal ambition.

BTW, can we string up MEPs as well Chesters?

I would string them up if we came out smelling of roses after brexit ,fear tends to motivate more than words! MEPs would be garroted first the spanish way then hung upside down so the kids can poke their eyes out ,(got to consider their needs and human rights in this modern world)

It could be part of the national lottery ,those not doing the wishes of their electorate would have a number and if it came up the winner gets to decide how quickly they die or if in a pleasent mood they are released on condition they obey a pleasent return to the opposite of the few having the power over the many

And its not based on party manifesto but the lies boldly said on your doorstep canvassing ,individuals got to keep it fair ,might make a few choose their more carefully in future.

The last one asked how he could help me ,i said see how quick you can get back outside my gate! I expect it was the only thing accomplished by him

And to keep party politics out of parliament whips would be and in public .....often!

Andrew you can bet lots of deals being done and most will benefit those doing them not us!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Most of this should have been done before article 50 was triggered.

The picture in this link from July 2017 sums it up for me.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/17/brexit-talks-uk-underprepared-david-davis-michel-barnier-eu

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Couple of unusual occurents this morning, got up and actually read your link, should know better I know, but then thought I might reply, not only pointing out how stupid you must be, setting aside even the poor standards of editing that allowed that article to be published, but more so wondering how you cannot apply day to day life experience to recognise that article is full of bias AGAIN and cannot be correct.

Most immigrants come here ready educated and do not place a burden on our health services, that might be plausible in the immediate days of their entry to the Country but it cannot be assumed to be ongoing.

Broadly there are several types, those who enter and subsequently or bring with them children, those do place a burden on schools. Others will have children remaining in their own Countries, subsequently a portion of wages earned are returned to their own Country, that money is lost to the economy as second and third taxes are not applied.

If, and again its a big if, ALL those people return to their home Country on retirement then it could be stated that they make a minimal impact, this is not evidenced due to time frame but is a damned big assumption to make as part of any supposed credible impact study.

Have a think about these figures posted, I have no reason to doubt them, and then tell me that the education and health services do not apply as your story suggests.

Add to that Health Tourism, how does your report deal with those billions? Ignore it or simply add it to non immigration figures? Either is wrong.

But, ignoring these points, and personally ignoring others advice not to reply to your troll posts my main reason in posting is, on consideration of your new evidence and, if I were to put myself in your shoes and believe the whole article I have to ask When are you leaving? You and your descendants should immediately leave this Country as you are a burden, you, me and everybody else should leave so you can be replaced, your job, your house, your business, your place at the Doctors, Dentist, Optician whatever can be given over to a migrant worker and the Country will be better off and all the immigrants can enjoy a 5p in the pound tax break.

Twenty-eight per cent of live births the UK are to foreign-born women even though foreign-born people only make up eight per cent of the total population.

UK population is expected to reach 70 million in the next 10 years but 54 per cent of this will be fueled by external immigration. (Population estimates - Office for National Statistics.

Phone

Edited by Huge_Vitae