E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I wish we were "1 against 27" Paul, but we're not.

The thing I regret about the referendum isn't voting out, (I still believe it was the best for the future of this country). It's not the way I voted, but my stupid belief that my fellow country men and women, would work together for a change, and then we might have been 1 against 27.

I've had to restrain myself from laughing when I've read that during a time of crisis, we pull together, have each others backs, show compassion, and support for each other. Well some do, but many others use it as an opportunity to get what they personally can out of the situation. Some use it as a platform to score petty political points, and lay the blame at the door of those they disagree with, mostly without any proof. All this has been evident over the tragic events of the last week or so.

We needed a united front, what have we got? Plenty of 'naysaying, backstabbing, and discord, but very little of the 'United' Kingdom we like to portray as being the backbone of our nation(s). We should now call ourselves the 'Disjointed Kingdom', it would be more appropriate, and give the world something else to laugh about.

John.

Very true but then you didn't actually believe that any of the political parties would put what's best for the country first as opposed to what's best for their own political agendas did you ? Non of them give a toss about your average Joe bloggs or the country as long as they can keep their snouts in the trough. Present a united front ha if may said black was black Corby would say its white and vice a versa they're as bad as each other. Work together for the good of all, no chance if there's political points that can be scored instead. Edited by snakey1

Very true but then you didn't actually believe that any of the political parties would put what's best for the country first as opposed to what's best for their own political agendas did you ? Non of them give a toss about your average Joe bloggs or the country as long as they can keep their snouts in the trough. Present a united front ha if may said black was black Corby would say its white and vice a versa they're as bad as each other. Work together for the good of all, no chance if there's political points that can be scored instead.

I hoped, more than believed, that we might set up a united front. Not necessarily the political parties, but at least the people. I suppose I must still have some of the naivety left over from when I voted to join the EU all those years ago.

All this crap in the media about how everyone comes together to help out, what they don't show are those who would step on others to save themselves, or those that stand back and criticise, blame, and threaten anyone that they don't see as 'on their side'.

Even on a small forum such as this, there are those that openly want Brexit to fail, even if it's only to give them bragging rights.

I don't post much these days, I write plenty of posts, but then think 'what's the point?', and press delete, I suppose others do the same.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

When a vote is as close as 52% to 48% it is inevitable that there will be a lot of dissenters. It doesn't help when the dissenters are branded as whiners or remoaners, and most of the branding does come from the leave side.

i still have grave doubts about Brexit but I long ago accepted that it is going to happen. I also have grave doubts about handing it all over to T. May and not questioning what she intends to do with it.

It is one of the most critical episodes in the modern history of the UK and my personal feeling is that it should be managed by representatives of ALL of the UK, not just one political party with their own agenda.

Before the death threats start, yes, I have not lived in the UK for 7 years and I didn't vote. I do have a business in the UK and I still pay UK Tax and NI so I am entitled to an opinion, although I am sure that someone is ready to tell me I am not.

I sincerely want (and need) the UK to have a successful Brexit but, as stated, I have my doubts.

My doubts are not alleviated when I have to watch and listen to the likes of Farage, Gove, May or even dear old Boris the buffoon.

As my old dad used to say " Why should England tremble"

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I wish we were "1 against 27" Paul, but we're not.

The thing I regret about the referendum isn't voting out, (I still believe it was the best for the future of this country). It's not the way I voted, but my stupid belief that my fellow country men and women, would work together for a change, and then we might have been 1 against 27.

I've had to restrain myself from laughing when I've read that during a time of crisis, we pull together, have each others backs, show compassion, and support for each other. Well some do, but many others use it as an opportunity to get what they personally can out of the situation. Some use it as a platform to score petty political points, and lay the blame at the door of those they disagree with, mostly without any proof. All this has been evident over the tragic events of the last week or so.

We needed a united front, what have we got? Plenty of 'naysaying, backstabbing, and discord, but very little of the 'United' Kingdom we like to portray as being the backbone of our nation(s). We should now call ourselves the 'Disjointed Kingdom', it would be more appropriate, and give the world something else to laugh about.

John.

John the country is divided but that is what has been happening in this country for a while very cleverly the government play the game of splitting society's fighting against each other it's keep them in power as for brexit John I voted to stay in we all have our reasons I think we will be poorer leaving but that's just my opinion and your right we should come together in time of crisis it ain't gonna happen the ones who asking us to di it now are the ones who have split this country wide apart , Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Brexit: David Davis 'pretty sure' of free trade deal.

If we end up like Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland with free trade,free movement of people, goods and services, still having to pay into EU coffers, still having to follow EU rules and regulations but no say on policies at any level, what the Norskies call "Legislation by Fax" I'll be laughing my testes off.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Me to but into a my porridge lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Me to but into a my porridge lol

You can have my share of that stuff if it makes ya feel better. I don't eat wallpaper paste.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Its ok ,its only pretend porridge (granny made the real stuff with salt and no milk)

2 minutes in the micro and its done only 10 of my cheap ones left so i will have to start stockpiling again

I will eat anything edible if its cheap and if its nasty i will eat it just because i bought it you can tell a fatmans house theres no food waste bin out on a friday lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its ok ,its only pretend porridge (granny made the real stuff with salt and no milk)

2 minutes in the micro and its done only 10 of my cheap ones left so i will have to start stockpiling again

I will eat anything edible if its cheap and if its nasty i will eat it just because i bought it you can tell a fatmans house theres no food waste bin out on a friday lol

Can't abide the stuff whether it's made with milk or water, sugar or salt. Can't do rice pudding, sago, semolina or tapioca. Any man that could eat any of that could perform fellatio on a billy goat.

Two things I hate to waste myself. Food and lecky

No goats around here and the alpacas run to fast, i like all what you hate but if its more than a minute to chuck in a micro or simply more expensive than porridge i wont buy it ,if its reduced i will grab it .

If i grab a lot and dont like it i have 10 grandkids one may!

Finally got shot of my bargain nicotine chewing gum i bought 2 years ago my daughter is once more giving up fags ,what she does with it is her problem lol

As to gas or lecky the mrs has the money so can waste heating in the middle of summer if she needs to ,it i were alone the heating would be off and the lecky down to a trickle

Edited by chesters1