E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

British steve sorry mate your miles out partially everything is made in China now the lures we use all made in China rods +reels hooks nylon lines braided lines all made in China all the major manufacturers have moved to china including my sponsors it's cheap to produce and was cheap to bring here till the pound crashed wellcome to the real world and fishing tackle is a fraction of what's coming in all up 20% .brexit .......... and a hell off lot more will very shortly .

WAges are falling prices are rising get ready !!!

If it's still cheaper to buy Chinese imports that than to support UK jobs, I don't have that much sympathy.

Is that similar logic applied by the British Motorcycle Industry, since I obviously need a lesson, perhaps you could help me out, how exactly did Triumph and a number of others do when the cheap crap motorcycles produced in Japan were introduced?

What do you think about 99% of atomobile parts engine parts all coming from Belgium all 20% up + vat massive increaes since brexit had your car in the garage lately if you haven't lucky you all parts up 20% like or not that's a fact our currency is down since brexit dig deep .

And as I told you before I had s new windscreen fitted on my van the technician said sorry it's just gone up 20% with the weak pound my reply I know mate expecting it but unfortunately a lot won't his exact words were tell me about it getting it in the neck everyday.

But never mind if you have a few quid it won't hurt will it Hugh .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Is that similar logic applied by the British Motorcycle Industry, since I obviously need a lesson, perhaps you could help me out, how exactly did Triumph and a number of others do when the cheap crap motorcycles produced in Japan were introduced?

They went to the wall because they could not build bikes that didn't p!ss oil all over your boots and the Japanese could.

When I was in my 20s myself and a few mates decided to go to France for a week or so on our bikes. One of us had a Norton. Mr Norton did not go in the end because he could not rely on his bike doing a 2,000 mile or so round trip It's c without conking out on him.

JAPANESE MOTORCYCLES - TIMES ARE A'CHANGING

Honda broke into the US market in 1959 with its Honda 50. In 1960, the legendary designer of the Ariel Square 4 & the Triumph Speed Twin, Edward Turner, now on the Board of Directors for BSA (at the time, the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world, consisting of BSA, Triumph, Ariel, James & Francis-Barnett), took an extended vacation in Japan to learn about the Motorcycle Industry there. He tours their factories and sees that the Japanese are poised to produce almost 750,000 motorcycles annually & they are just getting rolling. In contrast, Triumph, Britain's largest single motorcycle brand, only produced 27,000 bikes total on their best year ever. Turner observed all this, then went home to England and changed nothing! Apparently, the conclusions he drew were that the British Motorcycle Industry was doing fine the way it was & should stay the course. He didn't take the Japanese threat seriously, relegating them to building small, cheap, odd-looking utilitarian tiddlers for the Third World. The implications of their American marketing efforts started the year before must have eluded him.

The British Motorcycle Industry deserved all that it got.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The british disease i mentioned earlier ,sit on your hands watching your competitors overtake you then fail to at least keep up with them.

Intrepid did it and then on top decided to only sell the reels straight to shops (trying to take a bit more profit getting rid of the middlemen?)then watched the importers import and sell even cheaper galion reels and wondered where the sales went then couldnt catch up and lost the race

Triumph is still a british company but imports parts from the Taiwanese factories it owns so perhaps it assembles bikes?

Or perhaps builds triumphs in offshore factories for use abroad?

Dyson was also totally british but then found exploiting cheap labour abroad makes more profit ,strangely they seem extremely expensive for items from johny foreigner but people buy them and great resale profit is made fixing them and reselling them from the council dumps

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The british disease i mentioned earlier ,sit on your hands watching your competitors overtake you then fail to at least keep up with them.

Intrepid did it and then on top decided to only sell the reels straight to shops (trying to take a bit more profit getting rid of the middlemen?)then watched the importers import and sell even cheaper galion reels and wondered where the sales went then couldnt catch up and lost the race

Triumph is still a british company but imports parts from the Taiwanese factories it owns so perhaps it assembles bikes?

Or perhaps builds triumphs in offshore factories for use abroad?

Dyson was also totally british but then found exploiting cheap labour abroad makes more profit ,strangely they seem extremely expensive for items from johny foreigner but people buy them and great resale profit is made fixing them and reselling them from the council dumps

That is exactly what my Grandfather called it. The British Disease.

The same thing with our Computer Industry.

Well designed crap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Computers_Limited

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Best inventors in the world but little interest in keeping it to ourselves and making it nowadays

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

They went to the wall because they could not build bikes that didn't p!ss oil all over your boots and the Japanese could.

When I was in my 20s myself and a few mates decided to go to France for a week or so on our bikes. One of us had a Norton. Mr Norton did not go in the end because he could not rely on his bike doing a 2,000 mile or so round trip It's c without conking out on him.

JAPANESE MOTORCYCLES - TIMES ARE A'CHANGING

Honda broke into the US market in 1959 with its Honda 50. In 1960, the legendary designer of the Ariel Square 4 & the Triumph Speed Twin, Edward Turner, now on the Board of Directors for BSA (at the time, the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world, consisting of BSA, Triumph, Ariel, James & Francis-Barnett), took an extended vacation in Japan to learn about the Motorcycle Industry there. He tours their factories and sees that the Japanese are poised to produce almost 750,000 motorcycles annually & they are just getting rolling. In contrast, Triumph, Britain's largest single motorcycle brand, only produced 27,000 bikes total on their best year ever. Turner observed all this, then went home to England and changed nothing! Apparently, the conclusions he drew were that the British Motorcycle Industry was doing fine the way it was & should stay the course. He didn't take the Japanese threat seriously, relegating them to building small, cheap, odd-looking utilitarian tiddlers for the Third World. The implications of their American marketing efforts started the year before must have eluded him.

The British Motorcycle Industry deserved all that it got.

The exact point I am making, no point in labelling goods as crap or substandard if people think it's good they will purchase it influenced by all the usual things.

The likes of Triumph et al looked at the pressed steel frames, spot welding etc and decided the public would prefer a bike that broke down frequently and rather than address the leaking crank caused by the casings being manufactured and then polished causing warping decided it was a minor inconvenience.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All,

Well off topic - but I remember Honda coming to the US market - leaving - returning with a "different" well thought out product.

Chesters1 - - B E S T ?? I'm not sure that is even 50/50. There was a time when England was the place to be if you were an inventor. But many if not most were not ENGLISH.

Phone

Brunell was a foreigners spawn i will admit but he lived here so good enough ,if it wasnt for piching our plans of jet engines you would have steam aeroplanes! Oh sorry we invented steam piston engines as well so you will have to stick with liquid fueled ones lol

I read somwhere somewhen it was 6-1 brits vs american inventors IE your behind and some you claim are ours as well and as we go back 800000 years we invented longer as well

Splitting hairs if a yank inventor had english heritage i claim them as well ?

We were inventing stuff before a foreigner found the islands near your country and i will adopt the vikings that found it properly before the other foreigner

Edited by chesters1

Chester, to sum up you just have to hear them say, "It's as American as Apple Pie!" Sorry Phone we beat you to that one by a long time as well.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."